Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
situ1962

Typing In Capital Letters Rule

As described above this is a simple query and nothing else. Since long this question is nagging me, but i had refrained from asking it here fearing kept it should start some new controversy. but i couldn't suppress my curiosity and hence posting it now. first of all i want to clarify that this isn't an accusation. It's a simple query. before joining rim web i had no experience of any forum. so i had no knowledge of it's rules also. when i was relatively new to the forum i posted a reply in capital letters not knowing that it is illegal. In the consequence a warning tag got attached to my name. Since then the warning has reduced to zero but the tag still persists. Although i post rarely, I've gone through all the topics regularly as this forum has tremendously enhanced my knowledge, that i openly acknowledge. my point is, while going through the posts i come across many posts which have been posted in capital letters. seeing this i wonder whether the rules have changed or the moderators have become lenient. in either case, i think, the warning tag attached to my name should have been removed since long as others are not even being intimated that this is not legal let alone warning. I hope to get a reply soon from the moderators of whom i think very highly. again i repeat, this is not an accusation to anybody, i just want to clarify my doubt. so nothing otherwise should be understood. Sorry that i have posted this in a new topic. but i have done this only to draw your quick attention. if there is any specific topic for this, please merge this with that.

^^^

It could be that the mods/admins may have overlooked these posts in which caps were used. It is very difficult job to supervise each and every post and to warn such posters also. Maybe when you posted in caps, the mods were not that busy. Now there are so many posters, it maybe very difficult to moderate.

As for your 2nd point about the removal of the tag, mods/admins are better placed to reply. And why are you afraid? You have a very valid point there. Or maybe you could have chosen to be discreet (maybe by PM's.)

Also, if possible, please try to break your post into readable paragraphs. It is difficult to read if posted like that. I presume you may be posting from your 6275 and hence the paragraphs are not used. But then, you can use the enter key in your 6275 to break long text into paragraphs. Hope you are not offended. This request applies to all posters here and not specifically yourself.

Hi Sitanshu,

For a forum, we allow all kinds of healthy discussions - the "CAPS" is normally referred to as "Shouting" as it deviates from the standard flow of writing. Normally under such circumstances - one of the mods edits the post - and sends a PM informing the member - the reason for edit and a link to the guidelines. But if the issue persists - we normally issue a warning - which is not visible to any other member - other than moderators and the member warned.

The mods are human beings too ... and at times even we might skip thro posts without glancing too much in-depth. I can speak about myself, there are times when i just go thro a post which i'm interested in but leave aside 50 other posts ... You can call it a callous attitude - but then time constraints restrict me :) . Moderators like honest seem to follow every post thats made - and I salute him for the same!!

In case you feel that there's a post that needs our attention please click on "Report" so that we're informed asap!

Other than that ... Rimweb has grown about threefolds in the number of posts and members - and we are still expanding ... so there are tooooo many posts hitting us on a day to day basis. If ever you feel like informing us - or feel that there needs to be shoe lace to be tied before its too late ... please let us know ! We love to hear from our members and tie up the lace - so we emerge the best!!

Keep posting ... and hoping that I've answered your query !

Take care

cheers

karki

PS : The tags are removed periodically - when we see a warning against a members name... unless arun has added anything automatic to do it ;)

Thanks for the quick replies.i didn't know that the tag is visible only to the mods and the concerned members only.as mine was only visible to me,i thought that i am the only person who has been warned.sorry for misconception.now i am enlightened a little more.thanks to rimweb, @kumar bhai yes i post from my phone itself.that's why sometimes there are some wrong words in my posts as i sometimes miss to change to appropriate word from the T9.i also thank ashok bhai for clearing my doubt.thanks again.

same is the case with me . . . i was issued some warnings some quite time back . . . the warnings were removed bt the tag no way . .who cares man . . . what to do . . its still @ 0% if it was raised to some level it wd have looked good and if others cd c the tag . . . they wd hv been curious why i am warned :lol: . . .

yeah i agree i was also a started like situ but now have learnt a quite that what is forum . . .have been aware of that . . .

now i try to follow rules as much as i can! . . . BUT NO BODY ISSUES ME WARNINGS :lol:

mods . .sorry! for shouting :lol:

In the last Thanx all members once again for the support and assistance in any form that i have got from you and will expect the same from all follow memebers :signthankspin:

Same Tag is there with me . . . i was issued some warnings when I was new to this forum . . . the warnings were removed bt not the tag . . . its still @ 0%

Edited by abc2005

guys y r u worrying about the warning tag ..........only u can see it other members cant see your warning tag b it 0% or whatever % !!!!!!!!!

@ @sh@t: Don't tempt me its been almost a year since a warned anyone ;)

And if the tag remains at 0% do not worry about it. just take care to not raise it again :)

As Ashok mentioned above, writing in caps is equivalent to shouting, so if you don't intend to shout, don't use large caps. Another point I wish to add to this discussion is SMS lingo. This forum is very surprisingly and pleasently clear of SMS lingo, but some other forums I am active on are really facing it. U ll fnd it so dmn hrd 2 undrstnd it! Many forums are opposing it, and this should be a point for consideration for RIMWEB too, in future if some member comes up with it.

Few days back I was wondering, why warning tag is visible only in my profile?

Another point I wish to add to this discussion is SMS lingo. This forum is very surprisingly and pleasently clear of SMS lingo, but some other forums I am active on are really facing it. U ll fnd it so dmn hrd 2 undrstnd it! Many forums are opposing it, and this should be a point for consideration for RIMWEB too, in future if some member comes up with it.

I guess that is a girly thingy, see this: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=14758 !

@puneet

i wish every one cd c the warnings that wd hv been gd enuff! . . . atleast other members cd c to it why we were warned.

The mods are human beings too ... and at times even we might skip thro posts without glancing too much in-depth. I can speak about myself, there are times when i just go thro a post which i'm interested in but leave aside 50 other posts ... You can call it a callous attitude - but then time constraints restrict me :) . Moderators like honest seem to follow every post thats made - and I salute him for the same!!

He is truly Honest,but we have been missing him since last week

^^^

Thanks for the appreciations my dear Ashok Bhai.

But, infact I've learnt all this from senior members like you only. So, infact I SALUTE you.

Regards.