Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

@Ramesh

should be around 10K, search for sadikk on this forum, he is our main source...

Dude... any one has cicket prc game??? solved....

not cricket but have a soccer game.....but havent tested it on my treo

changed the file system of my card from FAT32 to FAT...seems to be working for now...keeping fingers crossed...

still looking for solution to rediffmail issue...tries many ports...no working solution found till now.

Never had a card problem ever on the 2 Treo's I own.... maybe people are using inferior quality cards or using micro cards with adapters... though they work but they may give u erratic performance.... I always suggest to use good quality cards with lifetime warranty and use only mini sd cards without adaptor and upto 4gb only... You should then not have card problem....

Also this mail and other problems are being faced by Tata customers only.... no such problem at all with any of my Reliance connections... works smooth as silk... some settings problems maybe with Tata....

Hello Dheeraj - I have few questions based on the same lines i.e. Memory card -

#1 : Since I am not much aware about the difference between Micro/Mini SD Card with or without adapter could you please tell me which kind of Memory card is supported by Palm Treo 755p ?

#2 : Which are the best brands/model of memory cards to go for ?

#3 : After going through some posts I understand that the Treo can support upto 8GB even though it recognizes only upto 4GB at a time. Does it mean that when a 8GB card is inserted, it shows as two 4GB cards available in Treo ?

I would prefer to buy a 8gb card so that I don't face any memory crunch later - so I would really appreciate if you could please help me in answering the above questions, which would help me in deciding which kind of card to go for. I am sure many newbies like me who are "discovering" the power of Treo might have the same questions.

Many Thanks

Vivek

Hello Dheeraj - I have few questions based on the same lines i.e. Memory card -

#1 : Since I am not much aware about the difference between Micro/Mini SD Card with or without adapter could you please tell me which kind of Memory card is supported by Palm Treo 755p ?

plam treo officially supports mini sd cards upto 4gb....but with using a micro sd adapter u can run micro sd cards

#2 : Which are the best brands/model of memory cards to go for ?

sandisk is the best one

8gb along with adapter comes for 1650 rs

#3 : After going through some posts I understand that the Treo can support upto 8GB even though it recognizes only upto 4GB at a time. Does it mean that when a 8GB card is inserted, it shows as two 4GB cards available in Treo ?

due to a 32 bit restriction ur treo would recognise 8gb as two seperate 4gb crads....what that menas is that it will only show u 4gb but u can read and wrire 8gb.......ie for example if u have put a 2gb data it will show u only 2gb memory free , and when u put 5 gb of data it will how u 3 gb memory free ( 4 gb + 1gb)

I would prefer to buy a 8gb card so that I don't face any memory crunch later - so I would really appreciate if you could please help me in answering the above questions, which would help me in deciding which kind of card to go for. I am sure many newbies like me who are "discovering" the power of Treo might have the same questions.

Many Thanks

Vivek

also if u want complete peace of mind then go for 4gb micro sd with micro sd adapter

Edited by mufaddal_km

Dear Frnds

I ve been reading this complete thread for past quite some time nad have gone through it complete a couple of times. (alas the benefits of a recession). However there are a few niggling questions which stay

Sadik seems like he is busy , so I ve taken the forum to face the gurus with these minor queries

A: What about Conference Call , what is the procedure for the same. Is is as good and easy as Nokia or Korean Handsets

B: The Battery Life/ Siedio 3200mAH route Is it worth it

C: How Long would you charge your phone for since the PalmPDA is always ON

D: The Memory card, since 4GB is nuff for me, (I have an Ipod for Music and it doubles as a data store)Which one and How

E: Does 755P support USB Charging through Data cable. (Its easier to find a usb port than a compatible charger)

F: Headphones/Handsfree (Wired one, I m one radiation crazy nerd)

G: THe overall verdict for a person now happily enjoying the third of the Nokia CDMA 62xx Series, I ve literally destroyed the 6255 and 6265 with my Heavy usage at my stint in HDFC, now I am at a less talk and more Man management kind of work profile so 6275 is alive till date.

Phew.....let us hope I get replies, pinning my hopes and a Decision based on replies to this mail.

regards

Dear Frnds

I ve been reading this complete thread for past quite some time nad have gone through it complete a couple of times. (alas the benefits of a recession). However there are a few niggling questions which stay

Sadik seems like he is busy , so I ve taken the forum to face the gurus with these minor queries

A: What about Conference Call , what is the procedure for the same. Is is as good and easy as Nokia or Korean Handsets

I was not abloe to use call conference on my treo 700P

I dont think one will require extended battery, however if you are going to use it extensively for music, you may require it.

3-4 hours

D: The Memory card, since 4GB is nuff for me, (I have an Ipod for Music and it doubles as a data store)Which one and How

Supports upto 4GB, your question is not clear.

E: Does 755P support USB Charging through Data cable. (Its easier to find a usb port than a compatible charger)

OEM cable do charge using USB, provided drivers are installed.

You get head set along.

G: THe overall verdict for a person now happily enjoying the third of the Nokia CDMA 62xx Series, I ve literally destroyed the 6255 and 6265 with my Heavy usage at my stint in HDFC, now I am at a less talk and more Man management kind of work profile so 6275 is alive till date.

Nokia and palm has no comparision, nokias are just phones, palm is full fledged PDA. PDA are bulkier and has some limitations over phones like little lesser battery life, bulky phones etc.

Phew.....let us hope I get replies, pinning my hopes and a Decision based on replies to this mail.

regards

just to add what kshah said

i havent figured out conference calling on treo 755 as i hardly use it but will try to find out if some way its possible

secondly yes treo755 can b charged thru usb.....the usb data cable which comes along also charges ur phone when u connect it to ur desktop/laptop

your memory card just get a 4gb sandisk card .....it will come with an adpater ....

for ur battery use for around 1-2 hrs of calling the phoen goes for 2 days......also in stanby mode with radio off treo can go on for 3 4 days ....full charge requires 2.5 hrs.....mine lats for 2 days so the 1600 mah battery is enough for me

also most of the l bluetooth handsfree are compatible if u ever wish to buy one

also for many more probs or any sugestions u can always turn to this forum

@treo mates

guys whoever r using docs to go a new version version 11 has been released few days back.......the installer file is quite big so i m posting the link download it from here

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/premium/

chnagelog includes

• View tracked changes in word processing files
  • Apply and view Styles in word processing files
  • View border and wrapped text in spreadsheets
  • 10 starter Templates included for creating Word and Excel files

The only mobile office suite for Palm OS to fully support (view, edit & create) Microsoft Office 2007 files and attachments

• View, edit and create Word 2007 files
  • View, edit and create Excel 2007 files
  • View, edit and create PowerPoint 2007 files

Edited by mufaddal_km

tried and tried but cant find solution to accessing rediffmail thru tata on versamail...anyone using any mail service on tata?

@SHAHAB

AS said before its due to tata not letting ports for email usage ........did u try googling for some alternate port numbers

been at it for 2 days..going nowhere

Dear Frnds

I was not abloe to use call conference on my treo 700P

I dont think one will require extended battery, however if you are going to use it extensively for music, you may require it.

3-4 hours

Supports upto 4GB, your question is not clear.

OEM cable do charge using USB, provided drivers are installed.

You get head set along.

Nokia and palm has no comparision, nokias are just phones, palm is full fledged PDA. PDA are bulkier and has some limitations over phones like little lesser battery life, bulky phones etc.

regards

The query reg memory card is that "is the card of 4 gb heavy on the phone , does it make functioning lighter if you use 2GB card.

i havent figured out conference calling on treo 755 as i hardly use it but will try to find out if some way its possible

I have tried a lot to use conference on treo, but could not succeed, I tried few software for conferencing too. <_<

no 4gb is not heavy on system resources.....people here r using 8gb cards

@kshah

but hasnt anyone tried for conference all solution.......i mean this phone is specifically designed for buisness users .......

I have tried a lot to use conference on treo, but could not succeed, I tried few software for conferencing too. <_<

i just recently saw the sprint website in that it is mentioned that u can have upto 3way call conference with treo 755p.......also i have read a lot of sites reviewing the device and even they had mentiones this point ...... :confuse:

also while in call when u press the green button it comes up with a pop up "do u want to switch to flash mode".......cant this help in some way in conferencing

kshahji .....plz shed some light on this

ok this is what i found in palm treo 755p manual

"Making a conference call

When you place a second outgoing call,

you can join the two calls in a conference

call. Please contact your wireless service

provider for availability and rate

information.

1 Make a second call.

2 Select Conf. This joins the two active

calls in a conference session"

also if u see the images in the manula it shows an icon of conference on the screen......it guess call conferencing is a network dependant feature.....not quite sure if t would work herei

Edited by mufaddal_km

This is what the Manual says for concall, can anyone using the phone try and confirm

I ve downloaded the same from the net after googling for the manual

post-35119-1227170732_thumb.jpg

post-35119-1227170980_thumb.jpg

Edited by rohitgaur

I was not able to use call conference any ways. I tried a lot. Lot means LOT. 6 hours on specific day. COuld not succeed. I spoke to REL CC too, and tried method given by them (WHich is common for all handsets).

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication..._conference.jsp

Also there were couple of apps too (may be easy conference / was in technician) but none worked. Flashed phone for sprint and verizon roms incl 700 and 755P roms.

even i read this manual ...but if u notice one thing there is an icon for conference...and it clearly states that contact ur service provider .....also from what i have read this feature is available for sprint devices ......verizon treos cant do call conference.....so this very much shows that this is a network dependant feature.....

also as i said there is this flash mode .....but i m unable to conference....it just allows u to switch between 3 calls at a time ......

Edited by mufaddal_km

Basically That Implies that when you change the settings from Sprint to Reliance, there must be an option wherein you set it from a logical 1 to a logical 0 , hence setting the conf "Button" not to show when in reliance.

This is a logical thought. So if you change all the settings in reliance from sprint , it won't work.

Reliance supports con call as a network however the parameters being set by the flasher/solver need to be checked one by one and then it should work, Just a newbie thought, guess you gurus can implore it further. Also having a thing to explore and thinking like myself are different as in practical and textbook. Guess Sadik can work on this since he has all the tools/ softwares for detailed analysis at chip level and using NV Scan there can be a solution.

Basically That Implies that when you change the settings from Sprint to Reliance, there must be an option wherein you set it from a logical 1 to a logical 0 , hence setting the conf "Button" not to show when in reliance.

This is a logical thought. So if you change all the settings in reliance from sprint , it won't work.

Reliance supports con call as a network however the parameters being set by the flasher/solver need to be checked one by one and then it should work, Just a newbie thought, guess you gurus can implore it further. Also having a thing to explore and thinking like myself are different as in practical and textbook. Guess Sadik can work on this since he has all the tools/ softwares for detailed analysis at chip level and using NV Scan there can be a solution.

Dont think any one can work at chip level. Its almost impossible and sheer waste of time and energy.

It may be the flash time sent by handset matters. I am not sure, just a thought. Now since I have no treo, check if there is any ways to change flash timing or DTMF tone (Short, long and normal) It must be working on DTMF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTMF

Call conference works for me. :D

Call conference works for me. :D

Bhai ..den plz share tweaks wid us ...also ............ :Decepcionado::Decepcionado:

Edited by chintan1

ok guys got it conference calling is working on my treo755 ( actually i din realise this in afternoon was doin sumthin wrong )

ok so there is no need to go in flash mode......its simple.....first call up anyone....put that person on hold ....now dial another number ......it will ask for ur confirmation......now once the cal is connected there will b an icon for conference on the screen just as seen in manual.....

i was able to get three way conference call at a time....just keep on hold and dial a number

also i was able to handle three calls at a time using flash mode......in flash mode there is no conferencing but u can switch back and forth between three calls at a time.....

conferencing is dam simple on treo 755p .......(but still i m never gonna use it ...).........so guys go explore ur treo

@kshah

i guess treo 700p din hve conferencing built in or sumthin was wrong with ur device .......

Edited by mufaddal_km