Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

^ Try using MDN as login/password (ie your cell no) by going into preferences>network

All outgoing being diverted to customer care may be due to telco wanting to verify address etc due to recent strictness by government.

My 6 year old airtel connection has a similar issue now and the address they claim to have on record seems to be someone's idea of a joke - Dawood Park in Lucknow !!

Am trying to get them to put a new address now. Big hassles due to stupid government policies.

• Like 1

^ Try using MDN as login/password (ie your cell no) by going into preferences>network

All outgoing being diverted to customer care may be due to telco wanting to verify address etc due to recent strictness by government.

My 6 year old airtel connection has a similar issue now and the address they claim to have on record seems to be someone's idea of a joke - Dawood Park in Lucknow !!

Am trying to get them to put a new address now. Big hassles due to stupid government policies.

Dude that has been happning to me since past 2 weeks too... cnt even call up c.care from our cell... u need to call them frm another cell nd get that issue cleared... it takes about half a day to resume services... ask for their tech ppl number... and tell them that this has been happning... post last month when it happend 2 times... till now i have not faced that issue... It has nothing to do with Govt things

now for the net connection... Help me out Pro dude... when i try to connect to net it give me the error as "Please check ur user name nd password ur svs provider may not support dial up connections" and it does not connect...

i have checkd the net settings and its as required and told earlier...

Edited by kets4u

The user name is UTS@relianceinfo.com nd pass word is as per what Dhiraj Gave in earlier Post @ 68

^^^

He already has told you what is to be done

use your phone no as username password

learn to do things yourself thats how you will learn too

• Like 1

^^^

He already has told you what is to be done

use your phone no as username password

learn to do things yourself thats how you will learn too

Kiya bhai... Thank you so much.. lekin dost itna mobile techy dimag hota to me Reliance me anil ka right hand ban ke baitha hota... :D I was under impression of setting the net as per wat Dhiraj had shown in that the Username nd Password were diff... for logging onto reliance web world... nyways thnx a lot...

username password change karne se koi anil ke baju me nahi baith ta !! LOL

such things has to be done by user only

good now u learnt one thing

username password change karne se koi anil ke baju me nahi baith ta !! LOL

such things has to be done by user only

good now u learnt one thing

Fair enough.. but wat i missed was how come I had to change the user name nd password when all was going fine till now... im sure Nil would not even know the funda of changing the Uname nd Pword... ha hahah... but dude not being modest ppl like U nd Dhiraj nd all does deserve a cabin next to the dumb Head Anil....

you have to dial ##8778# from the touch screen dialer

you will get multi colour screen

then u will have to connect to pc and make ure u have treo 650 bootloader drivers

if pc detects phone bootloader mode

then in mtty u will see option of usb , and u have to select usb and not com

once connected in usb then use commands as described

Dear Muffadal,

I am facing a similar issue with a new Treo 755P verizon version which I picked up for a friend.

I am unable to get it into bootloader mode. dialing ##UPST# i.e. ##8778# does not do anything to the phone. Infact, ##DATA# or ##MSL# also does not work.

While I have worked with two other 755p phones in the past, both were Sprint versions, and it was easy to get them to bootloader mode. With this phone, I am kinda stuck. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,

~

in verizon u have to do

##upst and then press call button

in verizon u have to do

I tried this but it did not work.

By call button you mean the dial button on the screen?

I entered ##8778 and then pressed the call button. When radio was off it asked to switch it on, when I switched it on, it died to dial the number but nothing happened.

Am I doing this wrong? Should I try anything else as well?

in verizon u have to do

I entered ##8778 and then pressed the call button. When radio was off it asked to switch it on, when I switched it on, it died to dial the number but nothing happened.

was able to get the phone into bootloader mode. here is what finally helped.

1. remove Treo 755p battery

2. connect the hotsync cable to phone as well as computer

3. press hotsync button. keep it pressed while inserting the battery

4. the phone comes on in bootloader mode

NEXT CHALLENGE

##MSL# does not work.

how do I set the MIN and MSID?

Any ideas????

in verizon u have to do

Also learnt that with Verizon ##UPST# does not work. But #*#UPST# gets it into bootloader mode.

still struggling with ##MSL# and #*#MSL#

Managed to change ESN; add MIN, home NID, SID info on Verizon Treo 755p. (for Reliance)

Could not find advance option in the menu of #*#DATA#. Thus could not change MCC.

Current status: Phone connects to the network but on dialing a number says "contact reliance to resume service"

Phone is not showing Carrier DB as 393. Could that be the issue? How can I change it to 393?

I have already tried using switch carrier option in CDMA updater using Kshah's version with Reliance PRL.

Looking for ideas. Thanks!

I am trying to export contacts from my Treo. Hotsync is not an option, since it is not working for me. Somehow the address book and date book do not sync up. Is there any alternative?

Is there a way to read the contacts .pdb file?

:wacko: Phew!

Found a solution. I installed a trial version of TealContacts, please seacrh on PalmGear.com.

It has an option to send entire address book as a .vcf file. Then uploaded the .vcf to a spare google account. Now all contacts are transfered.

:cheers: :cheers:

It seems my cdmaupdater with Reliance PRL file got corrupted. I tried to download 2 from the web but they do not seem to be changing the PRL effectively.

Can someone pls share the two files:

a. CDMAFirmwareUpdater with Reliance PRL

b. CDMAFirmwareUpdater_enUS

I was playing with 2 Treo 755p phones and both are now unable to work on the Reliance network.

Appreciate help. Thanks!

:previous:

download it from here..

Thanks Aalok!

I tried with these files but no difference. I guess I am making some other mistake.

I have :

a. successfully changed ESN

b. added MIN and MSID

c. Changed the NID and SID

When I dial, I get "To resume service please contact customer care"

I donot know whats wrong here. Any CLUES?

When I dial, I get "To resume service please contact customer care"

I donot know whats wrong here. Any CLUES?

Hi,

i got a palm pre plus.when i got it first,i used a hcc card to activate it on reliance.The phone got activated.But later fter few hours i got the same message.."to resume services...".After enquiry i found that it was a problem on reliance cc side.

everything was alright on the device.

So i took a newnumber by using a 220/- gsk and dialed *228 and entered the 9 digit code in that gsk.My phone got activated instantly.

Dear gurus

i did a hard reset as i was facing a problem in group test message after my last restoring of softwares & lot of sms were accumulated on my palm 755p

i manged to do a clean hard reset & restore the contacts only by doing a import with a new profile

now i am facing 2 problems

my right key works only in main screen properly in all other menus which i invoke with menu key it invokes 1 item in menu instead of moving to right side menu

when i run freshly installed group text message sw it give a error "middle button may not work on non treo 600 devices" and does not go ahead

pl suggest ways out of this situation

jasmin

I know this would be a really old thread but anyone can tell me a quick simple way to RESET a palm treo 755p to its real/factory E*N

there is only one method described by Dk ji - its easy and fast

its in post # 832

• Like 1

Thanks Genius, got it. Thought maybe there was some quick way by hard reset or something.

Now, is it still possible to use treo 755p by getting meid registered ? (it has only esn).

Edited by ami1

you can get ESN also registered as you get MEID - its easy then

• Like 1

while playing with my treo yesterday, to use it once again, am stuck with a wierd issue.

While launching CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc, am getting "Launch Error" <<This application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information>>.

have to do this because now only i came to know that treo cannot be used directly with CDMA Workshop :doh: but only with Serial Cable..

I tried resetting the device also, from here but in vain..

please help me to resolve the issue..

sorry for digging this old thread and asking about such an old but rugged & sturdy device.. :P