Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kams19

Mp3 / Wav / etc To Midi / MMF Converter

CAN ANY BODY PROVIDE ME PSM PLAYER LINK :quest: I LOST WHILE FORMATING :P

Edited by mayank_asher

hi guys.. i came across a post mentioning a software by staticelectricity... but tht link is not working now....

can some one reupload it please....

also it would be really nice if someone can writea tutorial bout using PSM player for the common tasks and

guides for other s/w like rconvert etc..

thanks.

Download here: http://webhome.idirect.com/~deank/files/PSMPLAY.exe

Get lots of English MIDIs here: http://www.brewbackups.com/ringtones/Midi/

(you need to register there first)

21748[/snapback]

THANKS ARUN :P

hi guys.. i came across a post mentioning a software by staticelectricity... but tht link is not working now....

can some one reupload it please....

21760[/snapback]

How do we know which sotware you are talking about ? Static has made several softwares. Either post the non working link or tell the name of the software.

also it would be really nice if someone can writea tutorial bout using PSM player for the common tasks and

guides for other s/w like rconvert etc..

thanks.

21761[/snapback]

yes, expect that soon here as ngcoders.com doesn't have them in their website anymore !

hi arun i got the software i was talking about... it was the ringtone converter frm .mid to .dat..

the only problem now im facing is about uding PSM Player...

all the ringtones i get frm net are larger in size... and thus i need to know how to reduce the size.... i think psm player could help but i couldnt figure out how to do tht...

and thanks a million to all those who have put up the site and contributed to it... my phone rocks now....

please help me with the conversion thing too... :confuse:

when u open the PSM player, click on File and sarch the file( tone u want to edit) play it and remember the points where u want to cut it. There is an icon which shows a scissor like thing use it to cu the file as you desire and then adjust volume and other settings. save it and thats it!

Hello All,

I m need of converter of mp3 to mmf, if anybody knows then please give me the path from where i can donwload the full verson ( not Trail ).

Thanks

Sharan

;)

You cannot convert an mp3 file to /mmf. Only from .midi to mmf

First you have to convert mp3 to wav format. then use

PSM player to convert wav to mmf.

But the problem is that, when you do convert an MP3 to WAV and then to MMF the MMF file size is over 500 KB even for a small sound clip. So it's practically of no use.

Instead, you could try using WIDI v3.0. from here (http://widisoft.com/mirror/widip32in.exe)

It is a trial version, but there c...ks available for the Russian version (http://widisoft.com/mirror/widi30inr.exe). You can install both the English and Russian Version. Use the English version as a guide and perform the same mouse clicks on the Russian Version. Should run equally well and you would get a hang of it after a day or so.

WIDI is the best Music Recognition Software I have found that has a c...k available and works reasonably ok. I would'nt say it is a mind blower, but just manages to get you there.

Edited by ashishrawal

hi all,

can somone tell me the easiest way of converting WAV files to MIDI files at the click of a button with almost the original quality?

Thanks

WoW without losing original quality.....

You should be a wizard if you can do that :) ....a way greedy eH!!!

hi ganesh...actually am a perfect n00bie in this field...srry if i said something wrong....so not like original quality but can u tell me the easiest and the simplest way to convert it?

MIDI file format is entirely different from WAV

http://jedi.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/links/music/midifile.html

And I am afraid that you will not be able to convert WAV to MIDI format with the original quality!!

ok i understand that but how r ppl in this forum making soooo melodious and yet under 4KB size ringtones of bollywood songs. i need to know mainly that. pls explain

thanks

No one is creating ringtones from scratch.

We r only downloading MIDI files from net and converting them in required format with the help of PSM player.

Thats it!

hi all,

can somone tell me the easiest way of converting WAV files to MIDI files at the click of a button with almost the original quality?

Thanks

30101[/snapback]

try TS-Audio to midi real time converter..... Considerable loss of quality...

WoW without losing original quality.....

You should be a wizard if you can do that ;) ....a way greedy eH!!!

30104[/snapback]

Hey you read harry Potter books a lot.... right

Wizard/Witches/Voldemort

ya i tried that software but yes theres considerable loss of quality. 1 more thing i wanna ask...is there a way to shrink the midi file. what i mean to say is that suppose theres a good midi file of 5KB size and i wanna make it of 4 KB size...so is there a way that i don't have to delete any portion of it just shrink the file say by reducing is quality or by reducing some specific chord but NOT deleting any part of it....is it possible?

neo_tech!

U can use Audio Converter utility of PC Suite for Nokia Phones to shrink the MIDI files without cutting the part.

It allows u to delete specific chord from the MIDI file.

U can download it from Nokia site.

Even our very own PSM player (Customized for RIM) can compress and clip the midi files to bring it to 4 kb size.

hey rohitkumar1985in did u mention 'customised for RIM' ? can u pls tell me where can i get that customized PSM player...i have the normal one. and can u tell how it can be used to compress the midi files to fit to 4 KB limit?

thanks