Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Harshal

Tata Introduces Fair Usage Policy On Broadband

The hell! I just got a call from Tata CC. They have introduced a FUP on all plans.

The CC rep told me that there are no more UL plans, all come with FUP. This totally s*cks. I just checked my usage, I am on 128 UL and my usage is 45-50 GB a month. The website says that for 128 the FUP is 20GB. Looks like I will soon get a termination call.

Any ISPs that do not have FUP? The Tata CC rep told me now Airtel and RCom both have FUP, so they have also introduced it.

^^^

yes even i didnt see the fup on the following ADSL tariff page..

http://tataindicom.com/......./adsl-tariff.aspx

hope bsnl does not catch this fup fire.. yesterday i saw a bsnl broadband adv in trivandrum which was focusing the words "unlimited downloads".. hope they will not introduce fup..

Edited by savramesh

The website says that for 128 the FUP is 20GB. Looks like I will soon get a termination call.

Harshal, Which is the website that gives the usage details for UL plans? I can't see my data transfer in "My Account" at TI website. :Decepcionado:

FUP is now a common policy among all operators.

Now Unlimited word has been re-defined by our TeleCom Operators :)

me also got call from tata cc to upgrade my plan as my data is limted to 7000mb/month....

currently i m using unlimited 384kbps plan

Well atleast the limits given by them are quite reasonable like 70 GB for 384 kbps connection. When I read amit.shippie's post (where he mentioned 7 GB) before seeing the actual limits I was shocked! I wonder why these operators still hang on to the "unlimited" tag and get away with it?

@Harshal

You didn't answer my previous question; How to know the current usage? :)

whosoever beleived in the adage of more players mean more competition means less costs would be shocked at the recent moves made by all telecom operators. i think the realisation has dawned upon players small and big that tariffs cant go down anymore. competitive pricing is a dead word now. things would get costlier one by one is what i feel. consumers had had enough by the way of ever falling tariffs. now its the turn of operators to tighten the screws on the vulnerable consumers after they have become sure me ties marker shares. newer players would follow suit sooner rather than later.

@Harshal

You didn't answer my previous question; How to know the current usage? :)

Login to My Account at tataindicombroadband.in > My Usage > select current month

^^ "My Usage" is showing just the login and logout time and not data usage.

Does it mean that FUP is not implemented in my account? :lol:

That means you are not on a Unlimited plan, but on a time based plan. It would show the following fields if you are on an unlimited plan:

Date

(DD/MM/YYYY)

Start Time

(HH:MM:SS)

End Time

Duration

Uploaded Data

(In MB)

Downloaded Data

(In MB)

Total Data

(In MB)

^^ I am using Power On & On 1-256 Unlimited plan. This is how my usage page looks like.. Just 2 coloumns

TIUsageDetails.jpg

That is a prepaid plan, right? Then it looks like they do not have the usage check facility for prepaid. Can you ask CC about it?

^^ yup! Its a prepaid plan.

thats a robbery. Why do they use the term unlimited then. Thank god the PSUs are not doing this stupidity/

Tata's FUP is still ok...

Its real Fair Usage Policy to prevent misuse.

But where does misuse come into the picture - Unlimited should mean unlimited !

Nevertheless.. yes, they are better compared to others.

But they can do away with the word 'Unlimited'.

I suspect Consumer Courts & their lawyers will have a field day!

How does one define misuse? It's not as if I am sharing my connection with the someone else. It's an "UNLIMITED" connection and I am using it personally.

Anyways, the point being, now they should stop terming plans UL, may be some other words like High Usage would be more appropriate.

Also, my original question still stands, any other ISP that is still truly UL? How about apna reliance. Does it have FUP? The 300 kpbs plan is pretty reasonably priced.

Edited by Harshal

With AirTel and now TATA Indicom joining the FUP bandwagon, I think Reliance might introduce FUP as well for BroadNet service, afterall it was implemented for Netconnect service already.

So far only BSNL seems to have stayed away from FUP

^^^

The babus will wake up sooner but definitely.

RCOM has already removed the UL headings....

Well atleast the limits given by them are quite reasonable like 70 GB for 384 kbps connection. When I read amit.shippie's post (where he mentioned 7 GB) before seeing the actual limits I was shocked! I wonder why these operators still hang on to the "unlimited" tag and get away with it?

sorry it was my mistake....its really 70000mb