Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Telecom Subscriber Base Count In India

TABLE-India adds record 17.65 mln mobile users in Nov

Source

NEW DELHI, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Mobile firms in India added a record 17.65 million users in November, taking total users inthe world's fastest-growing, and second-largest, wireless market to 506.04 million, the Telecom Regulatory Authority ofIndia said. In October, the firms had added 16.67 million users.

Mobile subscribers have grown at an monthly average of more than 14million in 2009. Sixth-ranked operator Tata Teleservices [TATASL.UL], 26 percent owned by Japan's NTT DoCoMo, led additions for the fourth month in a row with 3.3 million new users in November. Following are the additions by mobile operators and their total subscriber base.

LEADING COMPANIES: COMPANY ADDITIONS (MLN) TOTAL USERS (MLN)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bharti Airtel 2.80 116.01

Reliance Comm 2.77 91.00

Vodafone Essar 2.78 88.61

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd 1.35 60.78

Idea Cellular 2.55 55.91

Tata Teleservices 3.33 53.99

Aircel 1.61 29.35

SMALLER PLAYERS: COMPANY ADDITIONS TOTAL USERS(MLN)

--------------------------------------------------------------

MTNL 81,079 4.82

Sistema Shyam Teleservices 347,964 2.64

Loop Telecom 50,303 2.60

HFCL Infotel -23,302 0.34

--------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Wireless tele-density, that is mobile connections per every 100 people, was at 43.15 at the end of November, theregulator said. Wireline subscriber base declined to 37.16 million in November from 37.25 million in October. Including fixed-linephones, India had 543.20 million phones at the end of November, or a tele-density of 46.32.

Edited by savramesh

:previous:

Ramesh Srinivasan,

Do you have latest info on ARPU of GSM and CDMA operators like you have shown few weeks back????? Please post here, if you have the info...

Thanks a lot friend...

Edited by kanagadeepan

I am eagerly waiting for the Uninor subscriber addition figures :)

I am eagerly waiting for the Uninor subscriber addition figures

Me too.. They have started giving aggressive ads, but again WITH HIDDEN CONDITION... That is they are not explicitely explaining the call mole$ting charge or Re2/day rental deduction...

The only thing I like about Uninor is their lifetime vlidity condition. No minimum recharges required. Just an outgoing/incoming sms/call is suffuicient to renew the validity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the next best thing to happen in the telecom industry... But have you checked and much sure about this.. Because Uninor is well known for hidden conditions...

previous.gif

hidden charge Rs.2/day or Rs.60/month is not enough for validity ??

But still i feel that the 29ps scheme clubbed with the call setup charge scheme would be a better bet. In fact for long callers it works out to be really cheap, provided the number of calls made in a day are less!!!!!!!!!

I don't like that call mole$ting charge especially from a TOTALLY NEW OPERATOR like Uninor... This type of activity from Airtel or Vodafone is expected, since they are well-known for fine print and hidden charges atleast.. It is hard to digest such hidden charges with the INITIAL offer from a new telco... They should have enormous guts or totally mad :rofl_200: to do this... Guess what would be their tariff, if they have started many years back like Airtel... Imho, even Airtel won't do so, when they enter a new market..

Atleast they should have fixed that &hit charge to as low as 20p/call and the first minute will be a reasonable 49p/min, which won't bother many for sure.... Rs2/day is also too much when even BIGGIES are forced to offer tariffs without rent for a year... For 29p/min, atleast a small rent of Rs1/day may have become super-duper hit, when comparing competition...

And 39p/call+29p/min is nothing low as we already have Rs1/3min Local/STD/Roam from RCom with almost all recharges are FULL TT and no need to mention the Rs1/10min by TataIndicom who were our more reliable old operators... Both are good for LONGER calls.... Further MTS also has 1p/2sec default Local tariff, Indicom's 3 pe 3( first 3 min @ 1p/sec and next 3 min FREE for LOCAL/STD) and Docomo/Aircel with rent much smaller than Rs2/day, which are good for BOTH LONG and SHORT duration calls...

Edited by kanagadeepan

But why are you calling it "hidden charges"? When I checked their website, these call set-up charges are clearly and prominently displayed. I wouldn't call them "hidden".

Personally, in comprision to plans of other telcos in Mah & Goa circle, I think its a good plan esp. for those who make longer local calls.

I am saying hidden charges, because it never says about the call mole$ting charges or 2Rs rent/day CLEARLY in any ad in TV and FM or hoardings... It is showing that Local calls @ 29p/min and so and so and my number, etc... But NOT about CALL &hit charges of 39p/call or about 2Rs rental/day mentioned not even half clearly as 29p/min... In TN, I have seen almost all board signs without the conditions.. If the dealer didn't say about these tricks, then the aam aadmi will get cheated and hence I am saying these as hidden charges...

Well it may have given details on web, but how many aam aadmi browse web before getting a SIM??? For aam aadmi it is just a hidden charge...

And it is not best plan for longer calls as I have given best from competition in my previous post...

Ok, if they are advertising it that way, then it is certainly misleading. Haven't seen any ads here... guess it hasn't been launched in Maharashtra yet.

And as I mentioned, it seems a good plan compared to other plans in Mah. circle.

For eg, if I speak for 30 mins on my RGSM (pay per call) -

30 / 3 = 10 x 1 = Rs. 10

On Uninor -

.39 + (29 x .29) = Rs. 8.8

So if I dump RGSM and go for Uninor (when available), I save

1.2 x 100/8.8 = 13.63%

Nothing terrific, but not too bad either. :Chulo:

Edited by raccoon

OK Raccoon Ji, but please don't forget that

1) RGSM offers FullTT for recharge above Rs75/- with promo bal usable for Local calls too.. And Rs1/3min is also for STD and roaming...

2) Tata Indicom PPC has local Rs1/10mins and Rent 1Rs/day...

3) Now Indicom comes with 3Pe3 in one sec pulse, where 1p/sec for 3 mins and next 3 mins FREE.. This is for Local and STD too...

4) MTS has 1p/2sec local as default tariff with a pack of Rs99 for life, not sure about Rs.

5) Docomo, Aircel offers 1p/2sec Local for Rs45/month (upto Rs54 in some circles)

Customers have now such huge variety of choices... And 1p/2sec is always better for LONG as well as short calls and you need not worry about call disconnected while speaking, since you are going to give paise for the used seconds only :winko: , right...

:previous: Right, but...

1) True, STD will more expensive with Uninor. Uninor does not give full TT recharges? I believe RCom gives full TT for Rs. 100 top-ups and above. Not for Rs. 75.

2, 3, 4) I guess these are not applicable in Mah circle.

5) While Docomo and Aircel operate here, I don't think they have any such plan. At least I haven't seen it on their websites. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

uninor is second best tariff after 1p/2sec of mts, for long duration calls.

hope mts will lauch service in pune in next few weeks

so wiating for tariff.

but don't know date of unonor launch.

also waiting for virgin gsm tariff and BIG bazaar mvno tariff.

The following packs are available in Mah&Goa

1) Docomo for a spl recharge of Rs49/- 1p/2sec... Link here

2) Aircel has spl recharge of Rs45/- 1p/2sec... Link here

3) Even Virgin offers 30p/min Local+ 15p onnet + 50p STD for Rs1/day rent... Link here

4) MTS just started MBlaze in Mah, but will soon give the Rs149/6 months for 1p/2sec Local calls to Maharastra (just like in Mumbai)

The only operator missing from my list is Tata Indicom's 1Re/10mins and 3pe3... Thank you..

Edited by kanagadeepan

Interesting... thanks for those links! Guess those plans weren't there when I last checked... or dunno how I missed them. 1p/2s is good... better than RCom's Re. 1/3 min.

Edited by raccoon

Here's the much awaited numbers... 

Uninor logs in 1.2 mn subscribers in first month of operation

A Norwegian-Indian telecom joint venture firm, Uninor, on Tueday

said it has secured 1.2 million subscribers across eight telecom

circles during

the first month of its operation.

Since the launch in December last year and by the end of the respective month, Uninor has secured 1.2 million subscribers across eight telecom circles where it offers GSM services, Uninor said in a statement.

Source

I am very surprised!!

1.2 million subscribers in less than one month is really good for a new company especially considering ther tariffs!!!!!!!!!

Sure 12 lakhs is a great number... But I don't think it is a TRUE figure... Fake activation is easy :rofl_200: and will help in attracting customers saying the additions...

@ kanagadeepan

wht do they gain by faking now that spectrum allotment on numbers is withheld..rather i believe that by hook or crook(by hiding condtions) they might have more or less achieved the number

some more numbers... 

Bharti Airtel, India's top mobile operator, added 2.85 million mobile users in December taking its total subscriber base to 118.9 million, data released by an industry body showed. 

The country's third-largest mobile firm Vodafone Essar, controlled by Vodafone, signed up 2.79 million mobile users in December boosting its total to 91.4 million, the Cellular Operators Association of India said on its website.

Source