Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pankaj.sea

Bad Network Quality!

Despite of chinese equipment, I was also told by someone who is working in RCOM that initially RCOM had put full pressure of completing call on its existing CDMA network to save cost without any upgradation in technology and increasing lines.

THeir GSM network was based on CDMA network. When your GSM handset try to make call then your number connect call using their cdma network. And it was become mess. Now RCOM gradualy rectifying their mistake and making independent GSM network and putting pressure on cdma network only for routing the calls .

But it will take another 9-12 months to complete the whole project.

Despite of chinese equipment, I was also told by someone who is working in RCOM that initially RCOM had put full pressure of completing call on its existing CDMA network to save cost without any upgradation in technology and increasing lines.

THeir GSM network was based on CDMA network. When your GSM handset try to make call then your number connect call using their cdma network. And it was become mess. Now RCOM gradualy rectifying their mistake and making independent GSM network and putting pressure on cdma network only for routing the calls .

But it will take another 9-12 months to complete the whole project.

how it is possible to connect ur call using cdma network and gsm handset?? :NOTriste:

second point is clear? routing is possible :clap:

May be slightly off topic as my problem related to Reliance CDMA, but I was facing a huge problem since last 2 months of CALL DROPPING at my residence cum office address. After the problem not being solved by complaining to their Web World, I sent a mail just 4 days back to serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com and voila they replied giving me a proper Service Request ID and yesterday I also got a call from their Local Service Head at Meerut, and all problem of call dropping has vanished since yesterday. They said it was air conditioning problem at that particular tower which serviced my area.

So go ahead and complain, Reliance seems to be improving its service action backup very fast...

Edited by dkaile

What I did was, I sent a mail to the appelate wuthority with a copy sent to the nodal officer. And I sent the same mail at least five times to the appelate authority and the nodal officer. Only then did they respond. Earlier I was sending single messages to appelate auth and nodal officer and no reply and also no action was being taken.

Had i done this earlier, hopefully my network issues would have been rectified earlier.

So go ahead and complain, Reliance seems to be improving its service action backup very fast...

it depends on the issue and solution. for me reliance have not yet solved tower problem. not only me but all reliance customer in my area is having the same problem. i was complaining without gap for last 4 years.. i have received calls from nodal officer, mumbai corporate office, technical department etc. tower incharge visited my house 2 times. every one promised me of improvement and nothing happened..

even MTS failed to fulfill their promises of imporving network in my area.

I think tata people should have heard about my problem and they selected proper place for gsm tower which is giving me full signal inside all rooms.. :P

• Like 1

My first post here ;)

Well if you are talking about my state i.e. in Haryana then Rcom

has improved drastically , The only glitch i found is sound quality

little bit noisy. Previously it was hard to connect any call even in night.

I am a user of 650 free night calling plan and when i subsctibed to this pack

2 months ago then i was not even able to connect upto 12 pm .

but now every time call gets connected in first try...

it will take i think more then 6 months atleast to get a normal gsm network in reliance

I think it is not!

I'm using my smart connection for 2 years and till the start they are telling YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE RESOLVED WITHIN 72 HOURS!

Now think, 4 six months have passed.

I think their network not so strong to provide service to a large number of users! :Confuso:

And the most amazing thing is that, There is two network station near my house in Serampore (WB, Kolkata), one is of Vodafone and one is Reliance Smart but after working for 2-3 months, this station is out of SERVICE!!!

Now what you will tell for them???

GSM and CDMA are totally two different technologies. So quality difference will be there that is natural. But in case of RGSM case is something different,problem is they don't want to invest to improve network quality while they want to retain back customers by giving cheap call rate. As a result customers become fool. My home is also in Konnagar(WB) there also the same problem. Lets Tata Docomo GSM (like RGSM) to enter in WB by Oct,2009. All problems will get resolved.

Regards,

Abhrodeep Nag

May be I am wrong but pardon me the best GSM network in the world either on Nokia-Siemens network or Ericsion network. Chinese network is cheap but quality is not upto mark. In india too AIrtel, Vodafone are not with chinese network even new operator Tata-DOCOMO is also on Nokia-Siemens network. You can ask from anyone who had taken TATA-DOCOMO coneection. There is no problem in network since first day.

One little modification. Tata-Docomo GSM Technology as a whole provided by INMARSAT that is why they do have a superb GSM network quality as CDMA. You just make a call from Tata-Docomo to Tata-Docomo or any CDMA number you will feel the difference from other GSM network provided by Vodafone,Idea,Airtel etc.

Regards,

Abhrodeep

Hi Everyone,

I am also experiencing the same set of problems, like Network Quality , Busy Lines , Poor Customer Care (Route is busy for *333) this is totally opposite what Reliance Communications had promised when they launched the RGSM-CEP.

I am in Gurgaon City in DELHI NCR.

There is only one word for Reliance GSM ------"TOTAL FAILURE"

Hi Everyone,

I am also experiencing the same set of problems, like Network Quality , Busy Lines , Poor Customer Care (Route is busy for *333) this is totally opposite what Reliance Communications had promised when they launched the RGSM-CEP.

I am in Gurgaon City in DELHI NCR.

There is only one word for Reliance GSM ------"TOTAL FAILURE"

Actually, RCOM is in hurry to rollout GSM network in all over India rather than concentrating on quality of network. That is the reason people are facing problems. Wait for some time they have to improve the quality of their network for their existence and survival. So be sure of it that it will be rectified.

Regards,

Abhrodeep

May be I am wrong but pardon me the best GSM network in the world either on Nokia-Siemens network or Ericsion network. Chinese network is cheap but quality is not upto mark. In india too AIrtel, Vodafone are not with chinese network even new operator Tata-DOCOMO is also on Nokia-Siemens network. You can ask from anyone who had taken TATA-DOCOMO coneection. There is no problem in network since first day.

even thought airtl and vodafone are on Nokia-Siemens network or Ericsion network their vooice clarity is not good as RGSM...

its doesnt matter who the vendor is...now a day Nokia-Siemens network or Ericsion network are lacking in innovation...they are selling the outdated

2.5 equipment to airtel and vodafone at cheaper cost

Reliance GSM has a poor network even in Mumbai. They have miles to go ahead as compared to their CDMA network.

I purchased Reliance GSM two weeks ago and I am facing severe network problem at my home and office (both in Mumbai). It is surprising that Reliance has not focussed to improve its network even in metros like Mumbai. And on top of it, the customer care guys are not ready to register your complaint.

When I purchased the GSM card, a leaflet accompanying it said customer care would issue a docket number for every complaint. Today, I tried to lodge complaint, but the guy flatly refused to register it saying, it was not an individual problem. I told him let it be, but give me a docket number so that I can follow up at least my issue. He agains refused. These customer care guys are so hardened, they do not budge an inch to what ever you try to reason.

I have sent an email to Reliance customer care and service assurance and I hope they would be sensible enough to sort out the problem.

I also own a Reliance CDMA and have no issues with the network. Thats why, perhaps, I never had a chance to speak to the rude and discourteous customer care guys of Reliance.

Reliance GSM has a poor network even in Mumbai. They have miles to go ahead as compared to their CDMA network.

I purchased Reliance GSM two weeks ago and I am facing severe network problem at my home and office (both in Mumbai). It is surprising that Reliance has not focussed to improve its network even in metros like Mumbai. And on top of it, the customer care guys are not ready to register your complaint.

When I purchased the GSM card, a leaflet accompanying it said customer care would issue a docket number for every complaint. Today, I tried to lodge complaint, but the guy flatly refused to register it saying, it was not an individual problem. I told him let it be, but give me a docket number so that I can follow up at least my issue. He agains refused. These customer care guys are so hardened, they do not budge an inch to what ever you try to reason.

I have sent an email to Reliance customer care and service assurance and I hope they would be sensible enough to sort out the problem.

I also own a Reliance CDMA and have no issues with the network. Thats why, perhaps, I never had a chance to speak to the rude and discourteous customer care guys of Reliance.

Hi,

Have some patience. In Bangalore also when they launched GSM service network condition was horrible,now after 3 months it seems to me quality is improving a little bit but gradually. They are in a hurry to rollout GSM service all over India before Tata-Docomo captures the market. So quality is suffering.

Regards,

Abhrodeep Nag

I had taken a connection of RGSM in January, 2009 and the network was pathetic. After six months of constant complaining and letters to the nodal officer and the appelate authority, Reliance finally made the necessary changes and the network was fantastic after that. I compared it with the erstwhilw BSNL and found it very superior (RCOM) in terms of voice quality and also the connectivity.

I am extremely happy with RCOM now. I agree that the initial few months were nothing but torture with the network down for more than 16hrs in a day. Now I would say it is comparable to the older networks like Airtel or Vodafone.

Now at this moment, before Duraga Puja in Kolkata Reliance GSM trying to establish their network. So they have made their network better than before. But Reliance GSM's main problem is their cheap rates as

1.RGSM to RGSM 25 paisa in day time, 11-6 at night 5 paisa

2.Other network 50 paisa.

So for that reason people always become busy in phone, make network busy specially during 11-6 night.Now a peculiar problem arouses in their network, after 11 at night no sound in calling just fails to connect, not saying even network busy, after 12 times they will say you network busy.

Their Customer Care are helpless they always tell you "Sir we are working on network".But I am using their service around 3 month, no change at least I got from them. If you are planning to have their network, please keep another phone with good connection, otherwise you will face big problem.

Another problem of them, they will fail to give you Cell info at the suburbans of Kolkata. Whenever you are in Kolkata you are getting cell info like Jadavpur, Park Circus in the same phone. But no cell info in the Suburban like Barasat, Dumdum for a month.

I think Reliance should close RGSM in place of harassing customers!

I have leave RGSM! :Contento:

Now I'm using BSNL! :Chulo:

The Best connection ever and I'm making a call to any BSNL number @ 5 Paisa per min only!

Which call has / will never be provided by RCDMA, RGSM,TATA, AIRCEL, VODAFONE or AIRTEL in peek hours! :grin:

but do the bsnl connect in ur area ? in our area half of the time there is no connectivity . if you call bsnl customer esp from reliance it will take atleast 3-4 attempts to make one call

No! But in our area (Serampore), there is no trouble in BSNL! I can get connected to any operator at the first chance! :Decepcionado:

The cell info display is not available in Mumbai as well. Anybody knows the reason? or when are they going to make it available?

Hi abhisathe!

We can't solve this problem! Bcoz this is a internal problem of their system! So you will get it when their system is ok! But this is such a operator whose server is down 95% time! :Contento:

:previous:

not available in chennai as well!!!

probably they forgot to provide it!!!:NOTriste: :NOTriste: :NOTriste: :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

Ha ha it's Reliance, do you know how much boring they are? Their customer care told me "Sir your handset can't read cell info, we don't have any problem."But my same handset respond to other operators. One of their Customercare representative told me that "We are using CDMA tower for Reliance GSM, so you can't get cell info". This was call from Mumbai. Now I am in Kolkata.