Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mantraway

Reliance To Launch Netway Service By Oct-nov

Reliance is committed to give home user customers 100 mbps bandwidth routed through a set-top box and a remote that will triple up as a phone, a keyboard and a karaoke microphone.
:)
Though RIC is yet to divulge the price of the offering, sources said the initial price-band was likely to be Rs 400-600 for the entire bouquet.

400 to 600 fine .. but wat if the monthly download(bandwidth) limit is 500mb or something .. wud b worthless, all we can do is watch tv channels thru the connection thats it

Hi i got a call from reliance (01133335268)and i was asked a number of questions like what i do, how long i have been living on my address, whether i own a vehicle or not, and then asked me if i had a net connection or not. I asked what it was all about. The person told me that relince was going to lauch its Broad band service. and they are going to provide the connection free to post paid users, did anyone else get such a call?

any ides abt this service in punjab circle. free i like this

The person told me that relince was going to lauch its Broad band service. and they are going to provide the connection free to post paid users, did anyone else get such a call?

17138[/snapback]

Did some1 say FREE from Reliance ;) One more money Minting scheme!!

i jus called em again , this time it was not the normal "when & how" talk .. it was more of a survey .. they asked my address , phone no.s blah blah & most importantly what do I generally surf for, how much i download & whats the speed am lookin for ..

now trust me guys this Netway thing is not that far away. they said that presently reliance is trying to build up a good collection of music , movies & videos .. a kinda online gallery stuff u c ... when asked if that would be free to d/l , got the same ol answer "its undecided yet" , when is it going to be launched .. "very soon" ..

well this was a 1st time i was able to leech some info from them .. but still reliance is maintaining a "keep quiet policy"

good news .. where do u live zeus?

anyone from hyderabad here?

yesterday, i was vexed with my 48kbps constant download speed, and i called my own ISP to ask if theyre planning to increase the speed.

surprisingly, i got a 'yes' from them .. they have a meeting in the 1st week of november and theyl decide the increase in speed etc., my isp never even thought abt increasing the speed bfore..

i pulled some more info from them and i came to know that theyre planning to increase speed to b on par with reliance and bsnl.

i asked em when reliance was rolling out and he said may b in december on the eve of dhirubhai's b'day or d'day(im not sure which one it is)

one more hint towards an early launch

and ZEUS, did u ask them if theres gonna be a monthly download(bandwidth) limit??

Will they be able to compete with a local cable operator? Quality will be surely better but what about charges. Presently I am paying 200 to cable operator and access internet abt Rs 200 using BSNL.

All India launch may take upto mid2005 to late2005. RIL is yet to confirm the price for the service. Still please read this Post in this thread.

Minimum cost is Rs 700/- and no cable only internet. No cable (TV), No waivers 4 post paid customers, installation charges of Rs 1000/-. Not suitable for my pocket.

But this I hv developed a hope that they will reduce Rconnect charges.

Varun,

Netway & Broadband Internet are different service.

Call *355 for netway & *377 for broadband internet both are different service provided by Reliance.

Rs 700pm for 128 kbps is tough. Plus 1000rs for registration.

Were we not expecting a wholesome package of Broadband internet, cable channels, video/audio on demand etc together?

Will it be available at all places where there is presence of RIM?

Dis aint da broadband we r lookin for .. n i have the Govt of India backing me ..

Definition of Broadband

Here's the definition of Broadband according to the new policy:

ā€œAn ā€˜always-onā€™ data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point Of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP. The interactive services will exclude any services for which a separate licence is specifically required, for example, real-time voice transmission, except to the extent that it is presently permitted under ISP licence with Internet Telephony.ā€

In short it means that the line speed should be a minimum of 256K to be considered a broadband line.

did we hear broadband ..

two out of da three packages reliance is offerin fail 2 qualify the new broadband policy n the third one at 3000 bucks will b too much ..

so we can wait till netway .. :D

ya it is .. i pay rs.800 pm for a 48kbps connection.

jus calld both brdband and netway numbers .. they both r separate products .. and broadband isnt commercially launched yet .. no info abt netway

only 4 brdband, its 700pm for 128kbps ... it means netway which includes brdband,cable tv and etc will b costlier rite?

lets wait n see wats in 4 us

but one certain good thing abt rel helpline is the girl who tals to u. sweet voice lol.

i guess il have a gud time with her until netway rolls out

Hey DId anyone enquire if there are download limits???

For any of the plans...

I am sure there will be...

Cause reliance never says anything clearly...

if unlimited access then fine. but i think they will put some download limit atleast on 700 package.

if unlimited access then fine. but i think they will put some download limit atleast on 700 package.

AirTel provides broadband here in delhi with unlimited usage with speed of 64kbps at rs.600 only, no additional charges, so its possible for reliance too, to offer such a package

AirTel provides broadband here in delhi with unlimited usageĀ  with speed of 64kbps at rs.600 only, no additional charges, so its possible for reliance too, to offer such a package

17680[/snapback]

Hey are u speaking abt the airtel gprs net..

I get tat here for Rs600. But broadband is diff.

If tat was broadband rate, then its sure that reliance would bring out something competative

yes, ashok is correct. airtel is offering same in punjab but speed is very poor. it's not broadband.