ELITE1099

2000 local mins, 400 STD mins, and 5000 local person to person sms

AFTER THAT 1P/2SEC LOCAL

STD@1P/SEC

TOPPINGS:

1ST OPTION-150 LOCAL MINS

2ND-50 STD MINS

3RD-500 LOCAL SMS

For Example: With Start 299 plan, you can have one combination of the three toppings as 150 Local Free Minutes, 50 STD Minutes & 500 Local SMSs. Or the combination can be two toppings of the 150 Local Free Minutes i.e. 300 local minutes and one topping of 50 STD Minutes (because the total number of combinations is three)

Another example can be as 1 topping of local 150 minutes and 2 toppings of 50 STD minutes Or the combination can be all 3 toppings of 150 minutes, totaling to 450 local minutes :Sorprendido:

Really nice plans from TATA Docomo. Now we need to see whether Reliance will also come to the same lane.

why topping are in minutes when pulse is in seconds??? How are they going to calculate pulse for topping?

150 mins means 900 second or 150 calls or 150 minutes which ever occurs first?

Wow. If the topping minutes will be deducted in seconds, then these are unbeatable plans. Really unbelievable.

:eek:

150 minutes = 9000 seconds, sir

:signthankspin: For clarification :GirandoOjos: But then why they mention minutes. Any way if they charge per second instead of minutes for add on too, then certainly mobile telephony should not be cheaper than this.

150 minutes = 9000 seconds, sir

:signthankspin: For clarification :GirandoOjos: But then why they mention minutes. Any way if they charge per second instead of minutes for add on too, then certainly mobile telephony should not be cheaper than this.

What Daga ji is saying is true. As this is how I got their message on twitter.

It's a ground breaking offer. Already here in Trivandrum , Tata DoCoMo is selling like hot cake.

For 299 3 local toppigs= 150*3= 450 Mins

Reliance s offering 400 free mins for Rs 199. So why to pay Rs 100 more for 50 mins.

(if pulse is in mins for free mins)

Pulse for free minutes is in seconds only.

Reliance s offering 400 free mins for Rs 199. So why to pay Rs 100 more for 50 mins.

Well ...2 things:

1. The network coverage at the launch is a different story as far as reliance and Tata is concerned.

Think new. It's not Reliance CDMA Vs Tata Indicom. It's Reliance GSM Vs Tata DoCoMo. After buying reliance GSM -for past six months - I am yet to see their network indoors.

2. Default STD tariff is 1ps / sec (on a per second basis) - It's unmatched.

3. Let DoCoMo's i-Mode and other VAS come then might be this debate will be worth taking.

May be I am biased - but that bias has been created by their services. I am using both.

Just now i checked out my last 6month bill,

I found i paid roughly 30%more than what i talked.

Eg.i paid for 130minutes if i make conversation of just 100minute.

This way u just think how much we will be get benifited with pulse in second.

SO if reliance giving 400minute u talk only for 310minute,

in such way calculation goes then for next (450docomo's actual talk-310rcom's actual talk)182minute(considering loss of 30%)

we have to pay 180*.5/min=Rs 90.

Thus ur bill comes to be Rs199rent+90. so by calulation i came to conclusion that both plans are equals .

Docomo launch was little slow but a STEADY LAUNCH... they will win,...

if they get what they expected then they will surely give us what we expect.. already they are giving more than we expected..

Edited by savramesh

Definitely I agree that round one has gone undoubtedly to Tata Docomo.

With the possible launch of docomo handsets in India, I am sure that we consumers are going to benefit the maximum!!!!!!!!!

in such way calculation goes then for next (450docomo's actual talk-310rcom's actual talk)182minute(considering loss of 30%)

Thus ur bill comes to be Rs199rent+90. so by calulation i came to conclusion that both plans are equals .

And the moment you cross that limit and your usage is higher (lets say Rs.200 more) - Tata scheme beats reliance. :Contento:

Second based charges can bring down billing by 30% for most business users.

Docomo launch was little slow but a STEADY LAUNCH... they will win,...

if they get what they expected then they will surely give us what we expect.. already they are giving more than we expected..

Dear Members,

This is exactly what I feel too.........

I was thinking whether other operators too will shift to per-second billing or will they brush it off as launch offer. :confuse:

What are your thoughts guys?

i think no one(specifically Vodafone) will shift to second billing exept new entrant. and

When I spoke to CC, she said, all connections taken before 31st August will continue to enjoy the existing tariff till the life time validity.

Yes this is very much true.

also their is rule by TRAI u can't chage subscriber tariff for 6month.

And the moment you cross that limit and your usage is higher (lets say Rs.200 more) - Tata scheme beats reliance. :Contento:

then move to higher plan, it's simple. go for preminum499, Rs200 more as per ur wish

This premium will definately saves mony than rcom225. or any plan.

Also check out financial implication of plan

Guys lets not get overly excited. If my memory serves me right tata had launched second based pulse initially in cdma as well. it was some 3 paise per second. This was quite competitive then. Where is tata indi com right now in comparison to air tel, vodafone or even reliance?

Guys lets not get overly excited. If my memory serves me right tata had launched second based pulse initially in cdma as well. it was some 3 paise per second. This was quite competitive then. Where is tata indi com right now in comparison to air tel, vodafone or even reliance?

Dear Mr. Himanshu Kumar,

1) Yes, you are right Tata Indicom started its prepaid as Truepaid and initially offered local calls at 3 paise/sec and STD calls at 5 paise/sec. Which adds up as Rs. 1.80/Min for a local call and Rs. 3/Min for STD call. Though the per-second offering was quite interesting, it was not at all competitive, because other operators were providing local calls at Rs. 1/Min and STD at Rs. 2.40/Min which was far cheaper than Tata Indicom. Though the per-second billing was good, soon this offer proved to be detrimental to even moderate users and soon this tariff structure was phased-out and standard tariff was put in place. Later, starting from around the year 2005 Tata Indicom started offering some of the best voice tariffs which got even better as time passed. The reasons why Tata Indicom has under-performed is a different story altogether (I mentioned it below) and has little or nothing to do with its tariff offerings or network robustness.

2) CDMA operator could never be compared with a GSM operator on any terms, atleast in India. Reason being:

(i). lower ARPUs (Average Revenue per User) of CDMA compared to GSM.

(ii). lack of availability of wide range of handset models in CDMA segment.

(iii). CDMA is a proprietary technology of Qualcomm which demands rolalty fees for every CDMA phone manufactured anywhere in the world, while GSM is an open technology.

(iv). The Telecom Ministry is biased in terms of spectrum allocation and is more favorable to GSM service providers.

(v). CDMA on the whole was considered inferior/cheaper by many people who don't have much knowledge about radio technologies.

(vi). Roaming is a big hassle with CDMA network, especially International roaming. Even national roaming on another CDMA network is restricted in India.

(vii). There are several other miscellaneous issues like: (*) There is no USSD in CDMA. (*) Call conference setup is not as easy as in GSM. (*) SMS characters are restricted to 160 per message, there is no option of multi-linking as in GSM. (*) CDMA phones manufactured before 2007, had poor power management, they drain battery if there is no network.

Having said this, I'd like to say that CDMA certainly is technically superior to GSM, but most people didn't cared it and was not a commercial success in India at least in the voice segment.

Edited by bhargavachandra

Dude I am not impressed. There was nothing in your review that i dint know before. and mind you local call rates were 1.99 and not 1 as you claim.similarly std calls were 2.99 and not 2 when tata had per second billing.

Dude I am not impressed. There was nothing in your review that i dint know before. and mind you local call rates were 1.99 and not 1 as you claim.similarly std calls were 2.99 and not 2 when tata had per second billing.

Himanshu,

I bet,the local rates were 1 and 2.40 respectively for local and STD when True paid was launched.

May be you were in a costly tariff.

Dear Mr. Himanshu Kumar,

:) Tata Indicom introduced it's Prepaid (Truepaid) services in September 2004 click here for proof.

Airtel slashed it's pre-paid tariffs bringing down the local call charges to Rs. 1/Min in August 2004 (a month before Tata Truepaid launch). Click here for proof.

Tariffs apart, the Platform (CDMA/GSM) related issues that I mentioned are more important than anything else and hold true why Tata Tele and RCOM forayed into GSM. It's true that CDMA company can never be compared with GSM company, at least in India.

Edited by bhargavachandra

Himanshu,

I bet,the local rates were 1 and 2.40 respectively for local and STD when True paid was launched.

May be you were in a costly tariff.

I agree with you, Mr. Sonam Kumar! I got my Tata Truepaid mobile (Nokia 2112) in the first month of the launch and my mother used Airtel, so I got the chance to use both at same point in time.

Bhargav hats off to you!!!!!!! Wonderful explanation with proof!!!