Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I am using a US PC, I have an RDC PC based in US. There is no such option of selecting Gizmo5 number. It says that "Account must have at least one physical phone."

Is there a workaround to this.

and of course I used a US proxy server...

May be it was a transparent proxy. Try googling for free US anonymous proxy.

I am using a US PC, I have an RDC PC based in US. There is no such option of selecting Gizmo5 number. It says that "Account must have at least one physical phone."

Is there a workaround to this.

Go to http://phone.ipkall.com/

Register with your Gizmo Sip no and gizmo proxy(You can get the proxy info from my.gizmo.com).

If ipkall approves your application, you get a free PSTN no which can be forwarded to gizmo or gtalk (via gtalk2voip). Then you can use the ipkall number to verify with google. Approval takes a couple of days.

^

OK, I was able to log on to google voice with an anonymous us proxy; but on the first screen it asks me to choose a number and asks to enter zip code or area code and/or enter name and search... I entered the first few digits of sip no. but it doesnt recognise them... what to do now?

If I enter the SIP of Gizmo, it says "Account must have atleast one physical phone". There are only three phone types listed on the dialogbox - Home, Work and Mobile and it doesnt list Gizmo there.

Remove the "1" from the beginning of the gizmo SIP number and try to activate using that. May not work but you can give it a try.

^

OK, I was able to log on to google voice with an anonymous us proxy; but on the first screen it asks me to choose a number and asks to enter zip code or area code and/or enter name and search... I entered the first few digits of sip no. but it doesnt recognise them... what to do now?

That is the step to choose your US google voice number. You can search for fancy numbers (like 408 0DKAILE, 218 234 5678) or/and numbers based on US area code. But most of the good numbers are already taken.

I have applied for ipkall. The application is being reviewed. The approval hasnt come for last 6 hours. I'll update here once I move forward.

removing 1 also didnt help. it asks for 1 physical no.; have applied for ipkall... lets see...

Today I registered Google Voice from India and Made my first sms and call to a indian number

@sajokj, how u done that from india please explain in details...

Today I registered Google Voice from India and Made my first sms and call to a indian number

since past one week i m using google voice to send sms to out of india numbers as well as indian numbers all for free

and best part is on G1 when i send an sms from phone it gives me an option to use google voice by default

make the most of it rite now

I need a permanent US no. for registration; SIP nos. did not work... If someone could help...

since past one week i m using google voice to send sms to out of india numbers as well as indian numbers all for free

Is it going through to all numbers? I can send to Reliance/Tata(cdma) and idea. SMS to airtel,vodafone and tata docomo not going through.

not happening for india for me from website. I get free calls to us only. help with settings.

Is it going through to all numbers? I can send to Reliance/Tata(cdma) and idea. SMS to airtel,vodafone and tata docomo not going through.

yes it is going thru tata , reliance , vodafone ,airtel

make sure u use +91 before the number

i send messages from my phone thru google voice

First Get the invitation from Google Voice.

Then Use a US Proxy to register in Google Voice.

Then Google will ask to select you Google Voice Number.

After selecting your google voice number,

Register in Gizmo5 and you will get a US PSTN number from Gizmo.

Google will ask you a forwarding number. Give your Gizmo5 number as forwarding number.

Download Gizmo5 dialer software. then activate your google voice account. Then u are done

Edited by sajokj

can you please elaborate and make this as a tutorial sajokj?

Also is it worth all this effort? I believe it should be available soon in india as well.

Edited by tanveer

@sajokj

If by Gizmo5 US PSTN Number you mean the SIP Number it generates, I tried that and IT DIDNT WORK... if there is some other solution or way around this, please post...

Gizmo5 dont give PSTN number but SIP number.

You need to get a free PSTN number from ipkall.com. While registering there you can add the SIP number of GIZMO5.

I have applied at ipkall since Friday. Its been 3 days now but they have not approved or disapproved my application.

Hi, Can you please mention from which site i can get US proxy access?

First Get the invitation from Google Voice.

Then Use a US Proxy to register in Google Voice.

Then Google will ask to select you Google Voice Number.

After selecting your google voice number,

Register in Gizmo5 and you will get a US PSTN number from Gizmo.

Google will ask you a forwarding number. Give your Gizmo5 number as forwarding number.

Download Gizmo5 dialer software. then activate your google voice account. Then u are done

Read the topic fully, links to US proxy sites are given...

here is how i got my gizmo sip verified

going to gizmo settings page , u can forward all ur gizmo calls to google talk or skype

then on google voice when u feed ur gizmo sip it will give u a call on that to verify

so ur verification call will get forwarded to gtalk or skype

then just dial the verification code

i had downloaded gizmo s/w on pc but somehow was not getting calls on it and neither cud make calls from it ( may be port issue by my isp) ..so wasnt able to verify it directly with gizmo dialer

also check this link

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/941446/

now google voice is integrated with gizmo

so u can directly call thru google voice straight from ur gizmo account

Gizmo5 dont give PSTN number but SIP number.

You need to get a free PSTN number from ipkall.com. While registering there you can add the SIP number of GIZMO5.

I have applied at ipkall since Friday. Its been 3 days now but they have not approved or disapproved my application.

Whats the problem with IpKall? Before 5 months we can get the number directly once we registered. But now they are verifying and issuing number to us. I have registered with IPkall before and got 2 numbers, which is expired because of not using it. so I tried to register and today I received a number starting with 360-xxx-xxxx.

I need a permanent US no. for registration; SIP nos. did not work... If someone could help...

let me know what exactly you want to do with this and would you paying monthly bills if you want it permanent? let me know details. i will see if i can help.

Edited by prawin

I did setup Linksys pap2 using Google voice and Gizmo5. Its like a vonage voip phone but no monthly fee.