Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Google Voice Calling Expanded to 38 Languages, Many Countries

Source

Call From Gmail At Low Rates To Any Phone.. Just checked my Gmail.. Yesssss... It seems to be rolled out for India Users..Credit Buying option is there.. Sorprendido.gif

Google Voice Blog >> http://googlevoicebl...-languages.html

After stylishly stepping into the social networking space with Google+, Google is all set to give telephony a makeover - at least that's what they intend to do with their new service, conveniently called Google Voice.

By logging onto google.com/voice, users will be able to make calls to any place in the world, using their Gmail account. Available in over 38 new languages, the latest service can be availed by purchasing calling credit in either US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, British Pound Sterling, or Euros. The service that was available since last August to users across U.S.A and Canada, has now been expanded to several other countries. While the service remains free for the whole of U.S.A and Canada throughout this year, the rates for calls to other countries, Google claims would be low. You could check the tariffs here.

The features included in Google Voice, are:

• Voicemail transcription: This feature allows users to read the transcribed version of their conversations.
  • One Number: This feature allows users to set one number, a Google number across all the phones available on them, or set one phone to a specific caller, or for a specific time of the day. This Google number would remain the same, irrespective of which carrier the user moves to later, or a different phone, for that matter.
  • Personalized Greetings: As the term suggests, the feature allows users to set specific voice mail messages for certain callers.
  • International Calling: Google claims that users can make international calls using their latest feature, at the cheapest rates.
  • SMS to Email: Using a Google number, all SMS that are exchanged between users, can also be availed as emails, by a setting. Users can reply to the email, and the same will be converted to an SMS by Google and sent to the recipient on their phone, for free.
  • Share Voicemails: Google users can now share copies of their voicemails with their contacts via emails.
  • Block Callers: Like Google puts it, this feature 'lets you pick the calls you want to pick, and block the ones you want to block.'
  • Screen Callers: Providing the benefit of answering machines, wherein a caller could decide if he/she wishes to answer a particular call or direct it to their answering machine; Google does the same.
  • Mobile App: The Google Voice Calling Mobile App directs all features to the comfort of your phone.
  • Conference Calls: This feature on lets users directly invite their contacts to participate in the call, instead of having to remember their individual numbers.
  • Number Porting: Like mentioned before, Google users can avail themselves a Google number. For those who wish to continue using their existing number, and have Google Voice Calling benefits, they could do so, too.

Edited by rajanmehta

Instead of paying to net-to-phone solution, go for an additional SIM like Uninor (STV Rs. 23), where u can call 1p/sec even to US/UK/Canada and the max rate is 11p/sec for the Gulf.

However, I still use GT for calling to US/Canada because its free.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

I still get the message that's "its not available in your country" :confuse:

Same here. However there are people who are seeing the option in their gmail inbox.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Mine is working. :)

i got the option since the last few days. how do i go about getting a google voice number and setting voicemail and gvoice on my phone?

anyone?

@tanveer

Pls. publish a screenshot, where to look for 'gVoice' option in the GMail. Thanks

signup for google voice is not posible from indian IP. It is only permissable from USA IP (Canada???). If you want to signup for google voice from your computer get a American VPN and then lanch any browser by going to google.com/voice and signup for voice number. But google asks to verify the us landline or mobile No for verification. So, you have to call your friend in USA and ask him to verify by answering the goole call back ring by entering 2 digits number. (google how to get free Number temporarily on andriod/ios, then you can verify your self) Once it is verified you will get google voice Number. The same can be used on PC, andriod phone(talkatone/grooveip) ios (talkatone) without even using VPN. All calls to USA and Canada Are free as of now. Do not forget to change the call forwarding from your friend phone to google chat.