Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

Sprint Htc Touch Diamond

Hi Guys,

I want the Original Sprint ROM. Can someone please post the download link.

GPS works wonderfully well on Diamond or maybe on this rom. Using MMI I could get a fix in 5 seconds. Have done it twice and was amazed at the speed at which it acquired the fix.

@tanveer, can u pl tell me what is MMI & how can I get fix for GPS

Sivashankkar

Hi guys!!!

I will be getting my Diamond Sprint from USA in couple of days... Guys, pls gimme links on unlocking it & using it for TATA.

AFAIK, i even need to change it from MEID to ESN. Can someone throw some light on it as the person who does all this handset change in TATA is my close friend & he says TATA accepts 14digit MEIDs too.

Thanks in advance..

Moved to OMJs HTC Sense ROM with Manila 2.5. Amazing effects. Some things are left to be ironed out. Attaching some screenshots.

post-976-125838199188_thumb.png

post-976-125838201276_thumb.png

post-976-125838203301_thumb.png

post-976-125838205404_thumb.png

There are a couple of problems I am facing.

I am able to use data (using hetals r world cab) for using outlook, surfing using a browser called UCWEB6, updating my facebook contacts updates and events, update quick gps.

What I am not able to do these days

1. Use opera mini (any version) which was working ok with various roms and my old mogul. It says network connection failed or something like that.

2. Use google maps

3. Use Opera mobile which of course is disbled by reliance.

My question is why is it that some applications can be used while others can not be used? Also while using the same connection with internet sharing, I can surf the internet normally on my laptop, is there a workaround using which we can use a full fledged browser in the phone itself?

^

it may be a rom specific problem; as I am using Opera Mobile and its working fine with reliance (not disabled) on sprint original rom; same with google maps which is working perfectly; I dont use mini anymore since Opera mobile came into the picture; full fledge browser on phone will be constrained by the screen resolution and hardware, but opera mobile does come very close to a near desktop experience...

Edited by dkaile

what kind of data connection are you using?

Are you using hetals cabs for connection? is it the no proxy cab?

i have created my own connection; username is sam1 and password is password; no proxy;

ok checked everything. Disabled proxy in settings under connection. Everything working now, including opera mobile 10 and facebook engine.

Dear Friends,

Can any body guide me to configure WiFi in my touch diamond.

Thanks in advance.

Sivashankkar

I have just put my handset on reliance but am unable to send sms. I am on 1.08 radio. Can someone post the latest radio and latest PRL which works with EVDO.

Also can someone post good mapping program for GPS (Destinator) & Card Scanning.

raju

Install any NON 1.08 Radio to use SMS

Thanks Hetal, I tried sprint radio 1.11 F but it shows no service. I then changed the ROM to MR4 but still did not work. Again loaded the same 1.08 and as usual voice works.

Any suggesstions from our forum experts.

Edited by raju_a

Hi Guys,

Have just put my Touch Diamond handset on reliance but am unable to send sms. Currently, I am on 1.08 radio. On Hetal's suggestion i switched to Sprint 1.11 F.. radio. But it shows no service. Then I changed the ROM to MR4 but still shows no service.

So again re-loaded the same 1.08 radio and as usual voice works.

Am i going wrong somewhere, can our experts provide suggestions.

Thx in Advance

Raju

Hi Guys,

Have just put my Touch Diamond handset on reliance but am unable to send sms. Currently, I am on 1.08 radio. On Hetal's suggestion i switched to Sprint 1.11 F.. radio. But it shows no service. Then I changed the ROM to MR4 but still shows no service.

So again re-loaded the same 1.08 radio and as usual voice works.

Am i going wrong somewhere, can our experts provide suggestions.

Thx in Advance

Raju

Hi Guys,

My ordeal with radio roms continue. After the above i tried Alltel radio which also failed. Has anyone got an idea as to what cud be the reason or any ways to correct the problem i have mentioned above.

Guys it has been almost a week and there are no replies. Are our experts at rimweb listening. Your help is needed.

raju

Hi All,

How can one get stock tickers on the Sprint Diamond. Its a java based application from BSE's website. Experts can u shed some light on the same.

http://www.bseindia.com/streamer.asp

Dear All,

I am facing a strange problem with Sprint Diamond, I can't access its internal storage.

This is what may have gone wrong:-

I formatted my internal storage from my Windows7 PC while the diamond was connected in disk drive mode. After that I could never detect the internal storage either through my phone or PC.

This is what I had already tried for recovery:

1) Flashing diamond with sprint stock ROM (old one) and installing Internal Storage Hot fix provided on HTC support for sprint. Installation completed successfully and phone rebooted. Thereafter, I went to the clear storage in settings and tried the option "Repair and format internal storage" (as guided by HTC support) but after formating upto 90% it displays error message that internal storage can't be accessed.

2). Tried to access the internal storage through Disk Management service on my Win7 PC, but not detected there also. In the device manager, in the devices, it shown me a storage device without drivers. So at least it is detected by my PC but its drivers couldn't be installed properly. Please check the attached pictures.

3). Tried to connect (in disk drive mode) on Windows XP PC, it detects a new hardware and try to install the drivers, but no success.

4). And finally, I tried with official HTC service centre here in Delhi, but as exepected they just upgraded my diamond with latest ROM and given me back saying it is a hardware issue and I have to get its motherboard changed.

So now I am with a WM device withouut storage and the forum is my last hope for help.

Regards

post-24797-127090501662_thumb.jpg

post-24797-12709050195_thumb.jpg

post-24797-127090502306_thumb.jpg

post-24797-127090502503_thumb.jpg

post-24797-127090502624_thumb.jpg

Never bumped into something like that before.

Found this!

http://forums.intomobile.com/htc/49834-htc-touch-diamond-internal-memory-problem.html

Trial and error method! but still try it!

HI everybody.Im here to teach the solution to the stupid problem with the htc diamond 4g storage.I found it in different forums on the web since HTC or Sprint (NYSE: S) doesnt have knowlegde of its own products and just sell them as it is and claim that they have good customer service.Ridiculous.I was just about to go crazy with this problem once my phone was brand new and it lost the internal storage after a hard reset.

Ok follow this.

1.connect your phone to the pc and choose the disk drive option instead of active sync.Open the computer folder and u should see only one option as as external drive or something like it.

2.right click on the folder and see its properties.U should be able to see that it istill has its 3.7g memory showing.If not u will see it on the next topic.

4.Right click on the storage folder and choose the option FORMAT.

5.U will do the full format of that storage not the quick one.On this level u should see on the format window that the 3.7 g is there right?

6.If not disconnect the phone and connect to the pc again till u see it.

Is just unbeliavable that we as costumers have to come up with the solutions for these stupids issues.SHAME on u SPRINT and HTC.

7.Once u start formating it will take about 10 to 15 min to finish.Dont touch your phone till it ends,just leave it connected to the pc.

8.Once is done u go to check where u usually saw the NOT INSTALLED stupid message and find out that the 4g is back.It should be ,if not soft reset your phone.Or start over.

9.Its not over yet.It will show internal memory 2 now and on the device information on your phone it still not reconize the 4g on the internal storage list on HARDWARE.its ok for now.

10.Now u will perform the HARD RESET on your phone using the clear storage option on settings.Pick the Clear storage and format internal storage option before typing 1234.Ok now once u started the hard reset it shows a quick error message as unable to locate storage or something like it.Dont worry about it.

Once the phone start up again go to the device information and see it is back to normal and there is not internal storage2 anymore ,only internal storage.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Sumit, I have already gone through XDA/PPCgeeks and othes forums giving similar kind of solutions, but as mentioned I am not able to use the diamond as disk drive with my PC (XP or Win7) as disk drivers are not installed after connecting. Also posting screen shots from diamond memory settings.

post-24797-127090762693_thumb.jpg

post-24797-127090763056_thumb.jpg

post-24797-127090763319_thumb.jpg

post-24797-127090763517_thumb.jpg

First you are choosing Repair and format Internal Storage! You need to do Clear Storage and format Internal Storage!

If you are worried about your Data and contacts, Choose PIMbackup for your messages, contacts, callhistory etc.

As the guy on Xda-Dev says Ignore the message.

Tell me one thing, what happens when you connect to WMDC?

Is the internal storage shown there?

First you are choosing Repair and format Internal Storage! You need to do Clear Storage and format Internal Storage!

If you are worried about your Data and contacts, Choose PIMbackup for your messages, contacts, callhistory etc.

As the guy on Xda-Dev says Ignore the message.

Tell me one thing, what happens when you connect to WMDC?

Is the internal storage shown there?

Dear, I have tried all the three options (i.e. last three from drop down list in clear storage option) , in fact first of all I tried the option you are telling me, as the option of repair was required to be done only after the internal storage fix. I had tried almost all methods given any where on XDA/PPC, tried installing latest Sprint ROM, Old Sprint ROM with Internal Storage Hotfix, Few WM6.1 custom ROMs (Mighty4 and OMJ). There is no worry of any data, I already have Pim Backup and MS Myphone backup.

Everything is normal while connecting with WMDC or Active sync except that It is not showing me the internal storage either in active sync (WinXP) or WMDC (Win7), it only shows the flash memory.

I think, I should give a try to any WM6.5 ROM, may be that have some drivers to detect the internal storage, or may be there are some registry changes that can help, or if there is something in CDMA W/s of QPST to deal with this issue, please advice.

Regards

Edited by tarun_kabra

weird issue

can u connect phone in active sync mode

and in active sync can u use the option of explore the device to access flash memory of 4gb