Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Utsav

Sending Sms From Lg Rd2030

Hi guys,

Can any1 tell me if there is any easy process to send SMS from LG RD2030 to multiple users?

Sending sms from an LG RD2030 is not easy while it gives so many steps to find a number stored in Phonebook. Recently I found it to be very clumsy to send DurgaPuja and BijoyaDashami wishes to friends and relatives from my handset. Specifically when I send same msg to multiple recipients, it seems very very clumsy. Nokia Handsets have an option "Send To Many" which is very useful to send same SMS to multiple recipients.

Is there anything some1 knows for RD2030?

There is no option so far for send to many in 2030.it is there in 5130 for 10 numbers though :)

no...even the 5130 does not have it..

but try this...make a group with some peoples numbers in them & send an sms to that group.

How do you make a group in RD 2030, not possible. Hyper, you have a 5130, can you forward to the entire group? Group feature is present in 2230, the one without Java/R world

hi,

methinks : that is because most of dapo ppl have lg 2030, and if ppl start sending FREE group msgs, their network would get jammed.....

191 is no more available with RIM right? What's that SMS Phone?

The fastest way i have found to fwd msgs to multiple nos. is to SAVE a msg to the UNSENT folder. once u click on that msg, it directly asks u to SEND it, and select the Entry, and then press CALL. It shoots!

I msg nothing less than 100 msgs a day. And most of my msgs go widout me even looking at the screen. Once u keep doin it over n over again, ur fingers get habituated! Remember working on those damn typewriters? It was so hard to press "a" and ";" ... ! But then u get habituated and it works :)

In some cases, I've seen the msgs are stuck to the UnSent folder. May be due to poor network or something else. The msgs which are attributed for Delivery Reports are saved in that way so that if we resend it, they bring out DRs again. In some cases, I've noticed that if such msgs remain unsent in the folder, all the next msgs are automatically attributed with Delivery Reports ;) If we can tweak this we may be able to confirm every sms sent with their DRs without attributing them individually :) Any idea?

Setting individual delivery reports for each msg is another grudge I have against my RD 2030. :) If a way can be found to toggle it permanently, it would be a blessing!

The fastest way i have found to fwd msgs to multiple nos. is to SAVE a msg to the UNSENT folder. once u click on that msg, it directly asks u to SEND it, and select the Entry, and then press CALL. It shoots!

18110[/snapback]

Chirag, are you sure about the "CALL" button thingy? I just tried what you said but pressing the call button anywhere just makes the cell dial a voice call... ;)

if u want to send the same message to many persons then just type the message and save it (be sure that the auto save option is off) then send the message with DR on option and from the next sms onwards u do not have to manually on the DR option it remains on until u exit the unsent folder or send another message

Chirag, are you sure about the "CALL" button thingy? I just tried what you said but pressing the call button anywhere just makes the cell dial a voice call... ;)

18129[/snapback]

Oh sorry! I forgot to mention a lil step. u got to Press OK till it reaches the SEND TO thing again. Then press CALL and there u go. Anyways, i've been exactly doing what shabooo mentioned for saving a msg and then setting 'DR" or "Deffered upto" .. thts the best way to assign a msg the required variables!

I dunno whether this should be a separate post or not, but ever noticed/tried that u can send SMS with RD2030 while u r on the net or u r talking :clap::D:angry:

yeah you can send sms while talking and one more thing it goes fast when u r talking on the mobile just dial *333 ( it is free and good for trial) and then send sms and see it goes very fast