Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Utsav

R-connect Dormancy/disconnection: Solved With Ping

If anyone is still interested in the solution of R-Connect Dormancy or frequent disconnection due to RIM's Dormant Mode activation please read

This Post Thanks to ngcoderg for the solution. When I connect to the net, I keep the PING running in the minimised window mode and keep going with all the activities on the net. This way, my PC never got disconected or shown Dormancy.

I have been using Ping.exe with various sites but found that some sites gobble up a lot of System resource when accessed by Ping. So I tried and tested various sites and found that http:\\www.ril.com uses a very low amount of resource.

This post is specially for the results of experiments which will lead us to find the best site for Ping.

Now I'll tell you how to check the Utilisation of System resources in your PC. This will help you to recognise the best site to identify for PING.

You can use so many s/w available for real time monitoring of system resources. But the term I am interested in is "CPU Usage" which means the amount of load being given on the most valuable part of a PC. Best is still System Monitor (sysmon.exe) available with Windows 98 OS. By default, it checks and displays the CPU usage in percentage.

For further queries, please PM me. But, please, keep this thread only for those posts that will help us to Identify the best site for Ping that will use lowest amount of CPU and keep the PC alive and kicking for other applications.

Edited by Utsav

Ping the server direct.that will actually improve your connection quality.look at the connected tag to get the server ip and ping it :D

hi utsav

About this dormancy problem, ping doesn't work in all cases.

In my case the phone would go dormant, while there was a continuos ping running.

Lots of people have suggested this ping method.

Its true that for people who use rconnect wothout any problems, the ping method reduces latency.

But for me the problem was always something else, the rconnect would just sit in dormancy no matter what the PC was doing, whether it was loading pages, pinging, downloading or whatever else.

As someone posted in another thread, from which you have linked to this one, the type of pc does make a difference maybe because of some bug in the USB implementation. In particular, people have posted elsewhere that the Nforce motherboard has this dormancy problem which is not solved by pinging.

Anyway i have no way to verify this, and the problem maybe also because of Reliance. They of course have no answer as to why this happens. No surprise there, they know cr-ap sh-it.

Ping the server direct.that will actually improve your connection quality.look at the connected tag to get the server ip and ping it :D

:P Could not get anything! pls elaborate.

Could not get anything! pls elaborate.

u can see an icon in the system tray after connected to net.

single-click or double-click on it, and goto "Details" tab (in Windows XP)

u can see here Server IP address.

then ping using this IP address.

Thats it!

Under WIN98SE I use Tracert to trace the route and found this URL to be best for Ping: 97.238.1.5

even 97.233.1.3 is a good one, cauz if u are on r-connect , then this server is the local proxy from reliance.

pinging to this server will not cauze u to loose more bandwidth and also will not start a (unintended) DOS attack ;)

hey the best way i found is to connect mirc and join some famous channels which have 100+ user and minimize, and ur connection will never go in dormancy as they keep chating in main window. some famous channels are #cyberpark #lima #bawel #xxxpasscracks #xxxpassloves #india. enjoy

;) fultoo idea :P

even 97.233.1.3 is a good one, cauz if u are on r-connect , then this server is the local proxy from reliance.

Always shows request timed out killing huge sys resurce. Even 97.238.1.5 mntioned in my last post shows this. Seems we need to keep changing ;)

Seems we need to change the address every time we log on to the net :) I used Tracert.exe to trace the route and found the First hop to be most effective trcG.png Any comments Vishal?

how do we find out good sites to ping?

if it says "bytes=32", thats good enough ? or do we look for some other specs also ??

What I've found to be best is trace the route of any site and use the first hop for Ping. It's same for all sites accessed in a session but it keeps changing each time u connect to the net.

Edited by Utsav

AFAIK, the best ping site i have found is mail.yahoo.com,messenger.yahoo.com etc.these sites never take bandwidth and keep the connection live :P

Huh! The address mail.yahoo.com pings login.yahoo.akadns.net at 216.109.127.60 at a rate od more than 2000ms and uses quite a good amount of resource. Sometimes it gives "Timeout errors".

Pinging messenger.yahoo.akadns.net [66.163.172.116] takes more than 1000ms!

Still the best option is

Tracert www.google.com

find the first hop e.g. [97.237.1.4]

PING 97.237.1.4 -t

trouble is the first hop keeps changing in each session!

Hey guys.

I am not a R Connect user. But i just noticed the problem u have, and could not control but to comment on this.

I also had the same problem. the only difference being, I was using Sify Broadband. Mine used to disconnect after 5-10 mins. This always pissed me.

I have a suggestion. Instead of using a Ping, why don't u people use a already available software. There are pretty lot of freewares that can keep the internet connection alive. They use very little resources and hide themselves in the windows tray.

U can get a lot of such softwares at download.com. like : Stay On pro 4.0, 1Kickthis 1.0, etc. Better be aware of the ones with adwares.

Bye

Why does one wants to waste unnecessary resources by running a third party program when we have ping facility from windows :D

Right Ganesh!

Pinging is the best way to stop going into dormancy.

Best is to ping the server, as u mentioned.

The first hop is usually (or always?) same for a session. Pinging the same is a bit cumbersome as one needs to Tracert a site and copy the hop address and ping it. Any better option?

Create a Dos batch file with the following

@echo off

:10

ping server1

ping server2

........ add some more servers

Goto 10

Run the batch file when ever you connect to Rconnect and minimize the Dos box..

This solved the problem for me...

I have a suggestion. Instead of using a Ping, why don't u people use a already available software. There are pretty lot of freewares that can keep the internet connection alive.

18526[/snapback]

Well most of these s/w can be set to ping at a minimum interwal of 30 sec - while with R-Connect we need to do it much more frequently - Once in 4-5 sec maximum. Else the h/s enters dormancy mode.

Is there any permanent solution for continuas disconnection of R-Connect?

As well as some times the net-speed becomes too slow, all receiving & sending bytes fall in 0. Is there any solution for that?

Pls, help me...........

:(

Create a Dos batch file with the following

@echo off

:10

ping server1

ping server2

........ add some more servers

Goto 10

Run the batch file when ever you connect to Rconnect and minimize the Dos box..

This solved the problem for me...

deepu,

I can not understand Dos batch or what u say. please can u make a file and attach it here?