Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Utsav

R-connect Dormancy/disconnection: Solved With Ping

Hi,

Can any1 help me for the problem I am facing??

I use connect to internet thru my FWP, but after some time when the data is not transmitting, the connection gets dropped.

Many-a-times, it gets reconnected as soon as I start using the internet again (i.e. data starts transmitting) but some-times it gets hanged. And the connection does not reconnects. Although at the same time, my FWP shows the Data Call active with the time & send/received bytes speed.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx in advance.

gmscomputers@yahoo.co.in

See this post

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2195&st=60

You can download the utility from www.geocities.com/deepu_vk/long/pingapp.zip

and see if it works for you....

It may work but no guarantees.... Try it

Edited by deepu

:) I use 98SE the trusted one :P   Anything for that?

17294[/snapback]

Try Ping Plotter - I've used it successfully.. as of writing this message - I've had my computer running for the last 96 hours continously without a single hiccup (am downloading the complete Debian Linux) :ph34r:

All you need to do is type in the address you need to ping (do this before you connect) and hit trace as soon as your connection is secure.. :grin:

Set the 'number of times to trace' to unlimited and the trace delay to 2.5 seconds for great results..

My most favourite site to ping is 'www.ryze.com' quite a lot of sites block constant pinging.. this one returns multiple results too.. so it works out just fine...

Rashid

Hi,

I bought a pre-paid RIM connection specifically for internet connection with Mobile and a data Cable. After lots of struggle i could install R-Connect software and make it work. The real proble started here. Internet connect gets disconnected every 1 - 3 minutes. I tried ping [ping -t www.ril.com] but still it gets disconnected. Moreover i tried to put AT+CTS=255 to increase "no carrier idle time" in initialization string. Still it disconnects. Really got pissed off with this. Can techies please help me to fix the problem. Details are below:

Handset: LG RD5130; Datacable:AVON with theCD containng driver for 2130/7130

OS.: WINDOWS XP

I guess, dormat is not a disconnection. right?

-Chandu

Chandu, that can happen if there is some problem with your account too, which can be resolved by Reliance techs, so make sure to lodge a complaint and keep on inquiring them to solve the complaint.

Chandu, that can happen if there is some problem with your account too, which can be resolved by Reliance techs, so make sure to lodge a complaint and keep on inquiring them to solve the complaint.

30324[/snapback]

Arun,

Reliance Techies washed their hand just by saying everything from our side is fine as usual :o . No specific account given by Ril. It is #777 DIAL and then connect ti internet. Connection happens for a short time and disconnect :( .

I tried to use Deepu's ping application but no success.

Could be some problem with driver or cable also!! Try to get the latest driver for 5130 and see if this problem happens again...

Do not know whether the driver for 2130/7130 will work with 5130!!

Could be some problem with driver or cable also!! Try to get the latest driver for 5130 and see if this problem happens again...

Do not know whether the driver for 2130/7130 will work with 5130!!

30580[/snapback]

ThanX Deepu, As per RIL, these drivers should work. Cable is fine. I downloaded 5130 driver from web and tried to install. It installs the driver half-way but, it stops in the screen saying "switchon the mobile -- connect the cable to mobile and laptop -- hardware installation wizard should popup automatically and follow the instruction". But even afetr 30 mins hardware installation did not popup. :help:

With 5130 driver from web, once it asked to insert FTDUI CD and it happened only once. i never saw that messsage again. These FTDUI files are with the CD supplied with cable [2130/7130] but, if i insert this CD to get these files, it installs 2130/7130 drivers]

From where i can get these FTDUI files seperately? I want to try following: -

Install 5130 drivers from web -- install FTDUI fies seperately -- install dialler seperately

What is the best method?

ThanX

Prakash

If you ping a slow server to save ur allotted data limit, your system resources are gobbled up by waiting pinging node. Deepu's pingapp works fine. I'm going to try other softwares as well.

Deepu's pingApp works well but there is a bit problem while using it for me. The applet pings the first hop with a meagre 1 byte of data which sometimes makes the system unstable as well as the connection. Is it possible to create an option to increase the data to 8bytes or may be 16 bytes?

Usually when I keep pinging with default 32bytes of data, it dives a more stable connection. You may reduce the transmission size of data of default pinging application i.e. ping.exe to 16bytes or 8bytes. For example, [ping xx.xxx.x.xx -t -l 16] will keep pinging the site with 16 bytes of data. Still here is the complete list of commands!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-t Pings the specified host until stopped.

To see statistics and continue - type Control+Pause/Break;

To stop - type Control+C.

-a Resolve addresses to hostnames.

-n count Number of echo requests to send.

-l size Send buffer size.

-f Set Don't Fragment flag in packet.

-i TTL Time To Live.

-v TOS Type Of Service.

-r count Record route for count hops.

-s count Timestamp for count hops.

-j host-list Loose source route along host-list.

-k host-list Strict source route along host-list.

-w timeout Timeout in milliseconds to wait for each reply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found 4bytes to be optimal for my system.

Thanks Utsav for the feedback

I have altered the code a lil bit and released a new one

you can get it here

RCONNECT DORMANCY SOLVER

Now you can alter the data size also while its pinging

You can select the datasize between 4 and 32 bytes..

Try it out and see how it works

;);)

Deepu's pingApp works well but there is a bit problem while using it for me. The applet pings the first hop with a meagre 1 byte of data which sometimes makes the system unstable as well as the connection. Is it possible to create an option to increase the data to 8bytes or may be 16 bytes?

Usually when I keep pinging with default 32bytes of data, it dives a more stable connection. You may reduce the transmission size of data of default pinging application i.e. ping.exe to 16bytes or 8bytes. For example, [ping xx.xxx.x.xx -t -l 16] will keep pinging the site with 16 bytes of data. Still here is the complete list of commands!

-t  Pings the specified host until stopped.

To see statistics and continue - type Control+Pause/Break;

To stop - type Control+C.

-a Resolve addresses to hostnames.

-n count Number of echo requests to send.

-l size Send buffer size.

-f Set Don't Fragment flag in packet.

-i TTL  Time To Live.

-v TOS Type Of Service.

-r count    Record route for count hops.

-s count Timestamp for count hops.

-j host-list Loose source route along host-list.

-k host-list  Strict source route along host-list.

-w timeout Timeout in milliseconds to wait for each reply.

I've found 4bytes to be optimal for my system.

31180[/snapback]

AFAIU this application don't need to have any options other than sending keep alive

packets { in this context ICMP packet type 8 } to the P-t-P end of the connection.

If you guyz want to put some intelligence in this app, then you can do some heuristics

for MTU/MRU of the connection and accordingly tune the number of bytes per packet.

Use and implementation of any other options here is unnecessary { my personal

view, if disagree then free to flame me :-) }.

Deepu what mechanisms you are emplyoing to construct the packets, is it raw socket

interface or something else, BTW would you like to implement this program as a service.

Cheers ...................................

This application is just a simple ping application and nothing else...

It works the same way as the windows ping command

The only difference is that it finds the first hop address and pings it!!

From my own experience I have found that pinging the first hop address works best.

Implementing this as a service... well i donot know whether thats a better idea....

I am just thinking of making a few changes so that it minimizes to the system tray instead of task bar....

You can get it from here

http://www.deepu.info/pingapp.zip

All comments are welcome

This application is just a simple ping application and nothing else...

It works the same way as the windows ping command

It's ok :-)

The only difference is that it finds the first hop address and pings it!!

From my own experience I have found that pinging the first hop address works best.

And first hop adress is the P-t-P end of the PPP connection, BTW are you

using tracrt to find this information or using the inforamtion provided by the

properties of active PPP interface.

Implementing this as a service... well i donot know whether thats a better idea....

As you wish :-), but if you will add the heuristics to find out the MTU/MRU information

for the associated PPP interface it would be really great. Now you can tell your ping

core to send the number of packets according to this information, you can even set

the MSS information so generally transmission of data will become more reliable and

fast.

But hey since I am not going to pay you :-) for all these features it all up to you to

implement it or not. BTW you have done some good work for this community.

I am just thinking of making a few changes so that it minimizes to the system tray instead of task bar....

No problem nice idea and I guess you only need to hook to the window class

system tray with your own callback routine :-)

You can get it from here

http://www.deepu.info/pingapp.zip

Ewwwww it's binary only thing :-(, where is the source dude :-)

Cheers ......................................

Hi DacoDecZ,

Thank you for the comments and appreciation.

I use tracert to find the first hop and do not get the info from the active PPP connection.

The other things, I will try to do a lil bit more research and will surely try to implement them.. :)

Getting time is a bit of problem for me and Since I am not a windows programmer its trial and error for me most of the times... :(

Once I add these features I will surely release the source also.... Its all coded in VB :D

Thanks Utsav for the feedback

I have altered the code a lil bit and released a new one

you can get it here

RCONNECT DORMANCY SOLVER

Now you can alter the data size also while its pinging

You can select the datasize between 4 and 32 bytes..

Try it out and see how it works

:)   :D

32225[/snapback]

Thanks Buddy!. I'm going to download and I'll give youfeedback very soon. Till then, keep the spirit on.

Hi DacoDecZ,

Thank you for the comments and appreciation.

I use tracert to find the first hop and do not get the info from the active PPP connection.

The other things, I will try to do a lil bit more research and will surely try to implement them.. :)

Getting time is a bit of problem for me and Since I am not a windows programmer its trial and error for me most of the times...  :(

Once I add these features I will surely release the source also.... Its all coded in VB  :D

32249[/snapback]

Hello deepu,

If you want to get information about the assocciated ppp adapter you can use

the windows sdk api GetAdaptersInfo on win95/97/98/NT/200 and for

window 2003/XP you can use GetAdaptersAddresses. If you want to know how

to use these API in vb feel free to ask. You can also consult MSDN for more help,

also see the following link maybe it will help you :-)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223025

I am also not a veteran windows programmer nowadays, but I used to be a

capable programmer of MS WIN platform, even now if client demands :-( I have

to do it. My professional platfrom for programming from last 6 years is UNIX :-).

Cheers .....................................

Hi All,

My problem is that I am using the CDMA phone in the embedded platform where i do not have the Ping api .. is there any other way apart from ping to stop the phone from going into dormancy.

Hi dudes,

You can simply make a new shortcut on desktop and put the command on line "ping.exe 202.138.101.57 /t" (without quotes, lol :confuse: ) It will 100% working and able to you keep on connection. We used this way in all cyber cafe's with platinum plan. We never faced any problems.

Who's IP is this? Seems to be quite fast to respond. Nice info dude!

Hi Vishal,

I programmed it to take address of first hop. Which IP address should i take first hop or the second hop for pinging??.

I am having Win98 and cannot get the server IP address.. Can some one tell me how to get the server ip address in Win 98

Thanks to all!!!

This is the link of Reliance Dormancy Solver

Deepu, The Reliance Dormancy Solver Link is dead, I get error 404, pl upload new links or email at rajeev1461@gmail.com. Help appreciated.

Thanks

Rajeev