Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Google Nexus One Phone Launched!

^

I am sure what you are posting is correct and cannot rebut anything as I have not used Nexus One; But I am using its younger sibling Hero; and by the experience so far, it is one of the finest devices and even more important the finest operating system that I gave used on a phone till date.... and as Nexus One is superior in all respects, I dont see why it will not be even better than the Hero... The negative publicity in many cases can be due to the fact that it may be making many bigger players crawl under their skin; as Android is just a year old os... I hope you get my drift... no pun was intended...

Google Nexus One's First Week of Sales Were Weak, Report says

Big hype didn't equal big sales for Google's Nexus One. According to reports only 20,000 Google Nexus One phones were sold in its first week of sales, according to sales estimates from market research firm Flurry. In comparison to its Android sibling the numbers are 12 times lower than for the Motorola Droid and 80 times lower than for the iPhone 3GS.

The Nexus One didn't benefit from such a strong marketing push like the Motorola Droid (estimated $100 million), despite Google's phone featuring so-far unique Android features. This has reflected in poor first week sales for the Nexus One, as per the table below. (Click image above to enlarge)

Instead, Google chose a soft launch for the Nexus One, selling it through their website. But the steep $500 Google is asking for the unlocked device and the mixed reviews the Nexus One received didn't help to maximize first week sales.

Flurry's report mentions that the Nexus One lacks the "wow factor" and the general perception that the device is not seen as revolutionary, but rather just evolutionary from other Android phones.

Om Malik, of GigaOm, notes that Flurry's estimated sales numbers for the Nexus One might even be a bit far fetched. He mentions Google has been giving away the Nexus One to its employees and also lent it to many members of the media for reviews, which could have bumped up Flurry's analytics.

Next to the poor first week sales figure, the Nexus One has also seen mounting complaints over the 3G connectivity of the device and the lack of developer tools for the Android 2.1 platform.

In her review of the Nexus One, my colleague Ginny Mies notes that Google's phone "isn't quite the game-changer people hoped it would be, though it certainly trumps other phones in performance, display quality, and speed." Next to pros like a dazzling OLED display, snappy performance and sleep, slim design, she marks the lack of multitouch support and the software keyboard as cons.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/186796

BS BS BS

dont forget google hasnt spend millions of dollars in marketing campaign nor it has support from any carriers at present

the phones are sold unlocked

they arent sold with contract or carrier subsidy

take all this factors into consideration b4 coming to a conclusion

the phones are sold unlocked

they arent sold with contract or carrier subsidy

take all this factors into consideration b4 coming to a conclusion

Google fanboys, please try to verify facts before calling other posts BS.

Nexus one can be bought for $529 unlocked or for $179 with T-mobile plan.

The below link is from google site itself. Now are you going to call that BS?

http://www.google.com/phone/static/en_US-terms_of_sale.html

Edited by mathewvp

^

lol, u dont seem to have understood our concept of using these foreign phones till now... we never buy these phones at those prices... thats why waiting for cdma nexus one on verizon which will be available at approx 170$ and then we will work our MAGIC....

and try to use a Android phone first and then start commenting on the google fanboys... lol... u will forget ur nokia's, samsung's, lg's and windows mobiles etc. etc....

• Like 1

What I posted was,

1) People have trouble with 3G when using nexus one

2) The early termination fee is $350 in addition to the one charged by T-mobile

3) There is no customer support from google.

And you are dreaming of getting it for $170 when it released on Verizon? The $170 will be subsidized cost, which means you have to take plan to go along with. Other wise you have to pay an early termination fee which will then cost you more than the actual price of the unlocked phone.

And your view is since google Hero is good, the Nexus one should be great. That is just an assumption, not a fact.

^

I cant stop laughing at your comments mate... guess you are not a member of the techie enclave on the forum and have no idea what we are talking about... or are totally ignorant how we get sprint/verizon phones working here in india...

• Like 1

dude i m not calling ur post BS , i m calling the statistics and the original articles BS ( U havnt compiled u u have copy pasted from other sites , i m referring to them )

google fanboy??

i m not a fanboy of any os or phone , thats the reason why i use phones with diff os

there are always some people who dont wanto to buy few devices , and they will do all sorts of findings and googling to get negative points abt that and then concile themselves for not buying product

if u read blogs and other posts and think what u reading is accurate u need to rethink

many blogs and news articles are influenced , i was a blogger myself and i know how companies coax u to write good/negative points

what i am saying is that dont go on initial staitics

just if sales figures are low doesnt mean its a flop phone

iphone3gs and magic have lot of ad campaigning going on and lot of carrier subsidy as well

all that factors matter a lot

i give same advise to all , first use a handset then comment if its good or bad

sitting in front of compuer screen and reading a site /blog wont give proper view

and still if u say nexus one is bad , so be it

who cares

if people will like it they will buy it , if they hate it they wont

• Like 1

^

I cant stop laughing at your comments mate... guess you are not a member of the techie enclave on the forum and have no idea what we are talking about... or are totally ignorant how we get sprint/verizon phones working here in india...

Who talked about making the phones working in India? What I said was you cannot get the nexus one for $170 which you claimed.

Let me guess, You were thinking of getting a subsidized phone for $179 and getting it unlocked to be used here. Whether you unlock it or not, the two year plan is a legal contract and you have to pay for the plan charges for two years or you can pay early termination fee, exit out of the plan and get the phone. Either way, you are not getting the phone for $170 like you were dreaming.

post-1653-126348130483_thumb.jpg

there are always some people who dont wanto to buy few devices , and they will do all sorts of findings and googling to get negative points abt that and then concile themselves for not buying product

i give same advise to all , first use a handset then comment if its good or bad

sitting in front of compuer screen and reading a site /blog wont give proper view

agreed...

@ mathewvp

take it easy, we are teacher.gif

Let me guess, You were thinking of getting a subsidized phone for $179 and getting it unlocked to be used here. Whether you unlock it or not, the two year plan is a legal contract and you have to pay for the plan charges for two years or you can pay early termination fee, exit out of the plan and get the phone. Either way, you are not getting the phone for $170 like you were dreaming.

never say never... and then there is something called BAD ESN too :Contento:

besides stop taking it personally man ! its an open forum chill and use this mighty resource of knowledge and pure genius !

after reading all these posts handsets which are foriegn(and sold here) are all illegal.

plz correct me if i am wrong

Edited by rahulmalik_81

^

:P:D:Contento::NO::devil2: roflmao

Edited by dkaile

Google lowers Nexus One upgrade price by $100

Well this is a positive step in the right direction for Google, who has faced a stream of criticism lately from upset customers regarding price/upgrade issues and 3G connectivity. Effective today, T-Mobile customers who purchased the Nexus One at the price of $379 will be refunded $100 dollars, or the difference between the $379 and $279 pricing. Refund eligible customers, or those who purchased the phone prior to today can expect to receive the refund within 14 business days. Those eligible to receive the refund will start being notified of this change starting tomorrow. It may not affect a large swath of buyers, but it’s a step in the right direction to better customer service for Google and we applaud this move.

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/01/nexus-one-upgrade-price-change-cometh/

after reading all these posts handsets which are foriegn(and sold here) are all illegal.

plz correct me if i am wrong

yes and no... don't bother venturing into the details ! its like drinking on a dry day...

^^ Well said bro...

As I am not a user of Google phone, i stayed out of this conversations, and came back to see whats happening,

Its like :Contento: :Contento: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse::rofl_200: :rofl_200: :Confuso: :Confuso: :Confuso:

inside on Google Nexus one phone

google-nexus-one-ifixit.jpg

:previous:

now u shud also say

MOBILE KA DOCTOR

^^^

I dont own a google phone, this is not my work.

This image is from ifixit.com

for information only.

Edited by hitesh123

A smart nexus of phones

Google Nexus One

Price: Rs 38,000

The Google Nexus One, not officially available in India, has made its way on e-commerce websites like eBay. Priced at Rs 38,000 on eBay, it is a costly buy.

The smartphone is thinner than the iPhone and you have to hold it in your hands to know that it feels incredible. You cannot help being impressed with the Nexus One’s 3.7-inch Amoled capacitive touchscreen display when it comes to image quality and crispness. Unfortunately, Google didn’t include multi-touch in this phone.

Remarkably enough, HTC has successfully managed to blend a perfect mix of an 800×480 display, a 1 GHz Snapdragon CPU, 512MB of RAM, world-wide 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, and a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, among other things, into a slender 11.5 mm package. It’s a huge risk to put such a beast of a processor in a small form-factor like Nexus One, which can anyday slurp down the battery power. But we were pleased to see the Nexus One battery deal with this issue quite efficiently without resorting to task-killer apps. The 1,400 mAh battery is large enough but if Google decides to launch an enhanced power battery pack, then go for it. The Nexus One’s battery is on a par with the iPhone’s — it dies out after eight hours of continuous usage.

Google’s Android operating system is nice too. The phone naturally connects to your Gmail account and automatically syncs contacts, photos, and more. Notably, Nexus One’s text entry is voice-enabled (data connection required) so you can speak out what you would like to type and Google’s software will type it for you. During our testing, the feature worked quite well, especially in low-noise environments. Android’s voice recognition capabilities can be extended to dictate Facebook status updates, Twitter posts, emails, texts and instant messages. A 5-megapixel camera beats the iPhone’s 3-megapixel sensor, although there are several other smartphones that provide better cameras.

We agree that limited onboard memory of 512MB is a restraining factor, but it remains expandable with external memory cards. So, while the software runs from Nexus One’s memory, heavy applications like navigation apps can keep maps on the removable media, rather than clogging the phone with several gigabytes of data. We don’t see iPhone users making the switch, especially if they have made investments in purchasing the apps from the App Store or BlackBerry. But if you’re looking to step up to a smartphone then Nexus One is a great choice. Don’t go expecting an iPhone killer in Nexus One because it isn’t — not because it’s inferior, but it’s simply different.

• Like 1

Nexus One gets a software update, enables multitouch

The iPhone isn't the only handset getting bumped today -- Google's just outed a very, very significant update to the Nexus One that includes Google Goggles on board and a re-upped version of Google Maps that includes suggestions and a dedicated night mode. Much more significantly, though, they've capitulated and enabled multitouch in Browser, Gallery, and Maps -- great news and a big win for the Android community at large. Finally, there are some 3G improvements in there, but you might have to wait a bit -- Google expects to have it rolled out to pretty much everyone toward the end of the week. Seriously though, now that we've gotten that whole multitouch spat cleared up, it's time for Engadget to rally around something else: ridding the world of tiny ninjas, perhaps? Follow the break for a video of the new firmware -- in all its multi-fingered glory -- in action!

Update: ReadWriteWeb's gotten an official statement from Google on the question on everyone's mind: why now? The company says that Android 2.1 "powers a new class of devices" with more horsepower and bigger displays, and "based on these new capabilities and numerous requests from Android users, we decided to provide pinch-to-zoom capabilities with this new over-the-air software update for Nexus One devices." This sounds like a total cop-out to us -- HTC got multitouch working just fine on the Hero way back on 1.5 -- so we still think they just got uncomfortable with the noise surrounding the groundswell of demand for it. Of course, that's fine by us -- power to the people, right?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/02/nexus-one-gets-a-software-update-enables-multitouch/

Just ordered 2 directly from Google USA.... Pls dont ask how... on the way... along with original dock also (separate accessory)

Nexus One

We reviewed it, we loved it!

Superb design and build, excellent display quality, Android 2.1 OS with Android Market, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, great interface design, excellent web browser, good connectivity features, voice to text converter

Display has poor sunlight visibility and slightly over-saturated colors, interface is occasionally jittery, no DivX/XviD playback, inadequate loudspeaker volume, keys under display are a bit frustrating to use

More Info

109176_matter.jpg

banner.gif

Edited by savramesh