Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

How to clean wipe?

Thanks

reboot into recovery mode on rooted phone (by pressing Home+Power Key on next reboot) and do clean wipe/factory reset;

Hi, I m using Hero with default sprint rom, no issue but i need 2.1 dialer without upgrading rom. is it any app for changing dialer to 2.1. thanks

has anybody used damage control rom or fresh rom

need suggestions should i root or wait for official update

regards

atul

^

Much better to go in for Alap Rom 2.1; based on Indian reliance Settings; Now supposed to be 99.99% perfect (ver. 5; it is based on similar kernels like the fresh rom and damage control roms but nearly everything works, unlike those roms which are customised to US settings...

Edited by dkaile

^

Both derived from same kernel man... this is also FULLY WORKING with video and stuff... this has many things excluded in damage control like Teeter, Stocks Application, PDF Viewer, Navigation etc.... rest, choice is your...

i m on stock 1.5

is rooting very easy?

alap rom derived from eris, when 2.1 stock is released for hero we will have to update once again

also how fast is alap rom from 1.5 stock

we have to update radio also to stop battery drain issues?

^

- Yes, rooting is easy; follow links already given before;

- Your choice; case will be same with any xda rom or this one;

- check and give feedback; depends upon how many applications you install; but its faster;

- no battery drain issue if you do clean wipe; newer radio is always better;

ALAP 2.1 ROM IS TWEAKED FRESH ROM AND OTHER ROM

so basically u are getting fresh rom with tweaked settings , so u getting everything readymade , no need foor any further tweaks and modifications

my frend is getting evdo sign on his hero from first day....

^^^

getting EV sign and getting evdo data is two very different things

on all windows mobile phone when u load evdo prl and come in evdo coverage area u will see EV sign , but when u use data it changes to 1x

yeah i think it is so.... i tested speed with speedtest...it says downloading speed 77kbps n uploading 122kbps

How does the Hero's onscreen keyboard compare with iPhone's ?

I found the iphone's keyboard quite good to use, no problems viz-a-viz physical keyboards although one issue is that screen real estate does decrease while typing. Is hero's keyb equally good ?

^^^ I am in love with the HERO keyboard in landscape mode than the portrait mode... since ive not used the iphones' KB, i cannot comment much.. plus the auto-correct feature in HERO is also fab...

I say the KB is neck to neck. it nowhere lacks anything when compared to iPhone's. Hero is rather good because its Andriod based and not the stupid Apple OS which has no personal customization whatsoever.

iphones KB is very similar to HERO

it wont hurt me to say that google/htc designed the onscreen keyboard on similar lines as apple's iphone , so its almost similar

Hero will be getting official update to android 2.1 on march 26!! hope this time XDA forums info is correct. But as is expected 2.1 may loose root so would it be good idea to rather wait for root exploit on 2.1

I have started getting "signal fadded-call dropped" more frequently, i am in same area of use. While searching for solutions I came across newer radio. Has anyone any Idea about this radio and would it be safe to update the radio on hero? would that solve my problem? People are claiming better battery life and better signals, but I need advice before experimenting.

I have started getting "signal fadded-call dropped" more frequently, i am in same area of use.

Even I am facing the same problem :NOTriste:

I have started getting "signal fadded-call dropped" more frequently, i am in same area of use. While searching for solutions I came across newer radio. Has anyone any Idea about this radio and would it be safe to update the radio on hero? would that solve my problem? People are claiming better battery life and better signals, but I need advice before experimenting.

Mufaddal Sir, we need your help here! what do you say? should we go for the radio upgrade?

^^^ new radio is only for the newer ROMS... DO NOT UPDATE RADIO IF YOUR ROM IS BELOW 2.1... Its like inviting the 'brickwala' to your phone... in simple terms, your phone might brick..

Do not update the radio unless you are in any ROM above 1.5

Thanks a lot for the clarification! What do you say, will 2.1 rom will have the radio upgrade aswell?

We will have to wait until the stock rom is uploaded by sprint... once it is updated in our heros, we will know if the radio is also updated or not...

Some members on xda forum are saying that they have upgraded to new signed Radio on Stock 1.5 rom as well and are seeing improvement.

SOS!!! :sos:

The problem of "Sigal Faded-Call Dropped" now so severe that I can't continue call beyond 28-29seconds and then it gets disconnected, Now ALL CALLS :'(

I am on stock sprint rom, rooted.

Please suggest solution.