Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^

Thanks...

tsk tsk :nono: not here...

didnt get this !!! wat does it mean ??

^

This means that this topic is not for discussing clo*** and by activation u meant exactly that... Its not supposed to be discussed here... there may be other topics/forums where u may get that information and u may try those...u hv already sent me so many pm's and i have explained everything to you, still u want to try that...

Edited by dkaile

^

This means that this topic is not for discussing clo*** and by activation u meant exactly that... Its not supposed to be discussed here... there may be other topics/forums where u may get that information and u may try those...u hv already sent me so many pm's and i have explained everything to you, still u want to try that...

ahhh ok .. m sorry !! :NOTriste: .... Thanks a lot for your PMs buddy.. i found tht other place wer to look for info :) will try it later

^

Yes, thats better; take initiative and then if u get stuck, we r there to help...:winko: and dont worry no one's bricked a Hero till date... unless someone is utterly stupiiiiid.....thats the beauty of open sourced OS....

Edited by dkaile

I think this does not work on hero on the default 1.5 base... will try it once i update to donut or flan...

Edited by dkaile

^^ i think u meant to say, 'degrade' to cupcake or 'upgrade' to flan.. ;)

dhiraj, time to write a review on it...

deleted

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Activated 1 more Hero today.... and that too by remote control.... I hope that member says thank you at least... lol...

• Like 1

Activated 1 more Hero today.... and that too by remote control.... I hope that member says thank you at least... lol...

Yeiiii !!!!! I m on a HERO.. online.. calling.. messaging :) All thanks to Dhiraj Bhai :signthankspin:

It happened so fast and so easy bcoz of his support !! thanks a lot bhai

:thumb:... could you please post a comprehensive review?

:thumb:... could you please post a comprehensive review?

Didnt use it much... but i can summarise my initial views till now :

Pros:

1. Call clarity is good

2. Handy.. very handy (i migrated from Mogul :D )

3. Data is rendered fast and eye pleasing

4. Logging in to social networks is a breeze .. i m on facebook mobile right from the moment i got data activated !!

5. MAPS ... and yes its wonderful.. it can pick your location from the network or GPS also, and shows it on a google map :) getting directions is easy . u can post ur location to ur friends to find u :D

Cons:

1. The keyboard layout is not user/typing friendly in normal mode.. u often end up pressing the wrong key !!

2. Battery is not lasting long (may be becoz of my usage or improper charge)

3. Alarm sounds too low

4. File Explorer !! I didnt yet figure out how to explore files in my sd card and how to set songs(mp3) as ringtones !!

is there any setting or way to increase battery life ?

well this is what is my observation from the little usage of 1 day ... i ll post a comprehensive review once i get to play a lot with it :) looking forward to the vacation now !!

Once again thanks to all the stalwarts here who made it work for me :signthankspin:

^

Droid Explorer has been posted here -

mera dost dhoka de gaya.... droid par chala gaya....crying.gif

for setting mp3 files as a ringtone search "TONE PICKER" in market and install it.

very simple and user friendly application for setting ringtone,alerts and alarm.

TonePicker-0.9.2.1.zip

Edited by coolboyashok

Thanks phani krishna for your review...

TRANSFER YOUR SMS's FROM WINDOWS MOBILE PHONE TO YOUR ANDROID PHONE :

Windows Mobile SMS Migrator [beta 1]

What is it?

Windows Mobile SMS Migrator is a suite of tools that allows you to migrate your SMS Inbox and Sent Items from Windows Mobile to Android. The solution was produced super-quick for a customer requirement, and will be improved going forward (e.g. removing the need for root access, removing the need for a PC).

What are the requirements?

• An application unlocked Windows Mobile device
  • An Android device with root access
  • A Windows PC
How does it work?
The application is launched from a Windows PC, and works in 4 phases:
  • Copy existing SMS database from Android device (with option to backup)
  • Copy SMS database from Windows Mobile device
  • Perform merge operation on Windows PC
  • Copy updated SMS database back to Android device

How do I use it?

To use the application, do the following...

Preperation

• Download and install 'Windows Mobile SMS Migrator' from the Market on your Android device (99 pence)
  • Download and install the PC / Windows Mobile component of WMSM from here - Windows_Mobile_SMS_Migrator.exe ( 2.36MB ) Number of downloads: 635
  • Ensure you have PC USB drivers installed for your Android device - you can get them from here if required - http://android.modaco.com/usbdrivers
  • Ensure you have ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center installed on your PC for your Windows Mobile device

Use

• Connect your Android device to your PC
  • Run WMSM on your PC
  • Follow the in program instructions as prompted, connecting the appropriate device as required. When the process is complete, your Android phone will reboot, and you'll be set!
NOTE: If you have a large SMS database on either device, there may be periods where the application looks as if it is 'not doing anything'. Patience...
Screenshots of the process
To follow...
Known Issues
  • There are currently no dialogues on screen when the application is busy (which can lead user to think it has closed)
  • Application is not detecting if there is a problem with the WM connection
  • There is no dupechecking atm - if you import more than once, you will get duplicates.

And for the future SYNC YOUR SMS TO GMAIL !!!! Yes its possible for Android; there are 2-3 applications for it like Gmail Muscles

Edited by dkaile

hey Guys !!

I have used the fone for a few days now.. and I have only one feeling !! I wish it had better BATTERY LIFE !!!

the battry life of this mobile s*** bigtime... very very less.. it works may be like 3/4th day or so maxx .... but what i like in this is Google Maps integration.. helped me a lot in my trip

I am looking for ways to improve my battery life.. may be flashing a newer rom (for which i have to root the devie).. which i am not sure how successful i can be :)

the other is software update but it isnt working... give me idea guys plzzz

OK Guys, Good News.... Hero can also be used with esn based ruim cards; no need to change to meid based ruim cards... solution for esn based is now available....

^^^ wow, this is cool news....

Guys !!!

I have found the issue which drains my battery like water .. it is the awake time of the mobile... usually when we press the end key, it has to go to sleep, thus saving battery. But my hero, never used to sleep.. it was always awake 100% because some process was holding the cpu usage for some reason

if you notice in the above sentence.. it is all past tense now !!! i hav found what caused this issue (probably) and am verifying it right now !! will update after a full charge/discharge cycle and let u know why it happened and what cud be the solution !!!

Thanks to this forum, i am having a great time with the hero !! :signthankspin:

Here is the official Sprint RUU of the latest version 1,56.651.2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=608434

Some good customs rom are - one from modaco - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587674

and one from flipz - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584032

this is an important post to root your cdma hero - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581577

the android 2.1 version is not stable so i wud recommend people to wait some more before upgrading to it...

STATUTORY WARNING: Playing with software requires some level of programming finesse... I wud recommend newbies to first try and learn a little more about android/linux before plunging in...