Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

palm was palm; wm was wm... this is android and we need to get used to its way of functioning... not evrything in other os was perfect, and android is also evolving... many new things coming in 2.1...

1. answered, till some crack comes

2. try the attached file and report back whether it worked

3. answered

4. on 1X data and voice cannot work simultaneously; only on evdo it can; wait for it....

5. call recording is not supported; use Gmail to backup everything even sms (LOL), Calendar inbuilt is very good, use the mini widget that is inbuilt to display upcoming events of next 2 days; it does not play avi; convert MPEG4 or 3GPP with H.264 or H.263 and MP3, AAC, or AMR audio. Videos need to be 480×352 or smaller to play back properly; use dafualt player or download Video Player from market; Inbuilt Music player is exceptional and nothing extra is needed;

6. no idea of rss reader, search market

com.alex.BluetoothFileshare-1.0.3 1ST EDITTION.rar

Bluetooth didn't worked.

while tried to send a file via bluex "Error in local device(power disabled)"

When i tried starting server got a message that it will work only in rooted device.

obviously you need to be rooted; rooting is must....

Few Pointers -

- I flashed new modaco rom earlier. Was facing issue of few icons not displaying properly like Peep (Twitter Client) and Voicemail;

Resolution - went back to nandroid backup (in rooted device, press home and then power to access that menu) and did a wipe (factory reset) and then flashed rom from zip file on my sd card. Its incredible, no computers's are needed to flash roms and everything can be done from the device itself. After new rom loaded (in 5 minutes or so), just entered my gmail address and everything synced within minutes and all my contacts and calendars were restored. Total procedure of ROM Update and Restore Data - Less than 15 minutes.

- the Delivery Reports in SMS are very good and specify exact name/number of the person delivered to and the time delivered (unlike windows mobile); Useful when sending same message to multiple recipients.

- You can send Group SMS directly from Phone; the application is built in . But for that you have to create Groups which are automatically saved in your Gmail contacts also.

- In SMS there is no Sent Folder as the SMS is saved in Chat Style. Also you wont see the Draft Folder by default. To save a message in Draft, just Compose a new message and dont send it; just press the back button; it will automatically be saved in Drafts and a new Drafts folder will now be visible in Menu.

- Phone can be made Silent or Vibrate directly from the Volume Down Key.

- Planning to shift to Postpaid as these NUC charges on data will kill me...

• Like 1

i have no idea to rooting.i am totally new to this.can you provide me guidance.and what are the benefits of rooting?is there any disadvantage? What will we do if we stuck in the middle? our contacts and calender will be synced after it but what about the programs installed from market and the data inside it?

Some tips:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/184659-1/master_google_android_40_tips_and_tricks.html

5. Try using folders to keep your home screen organized. Long-press on a blank space and select Folders to create one. You can then drag and drop frequently used contacts, apps, or other shortcuts into it to cut down on clutter. To rename a folder, press and hold the folder's title bar while it's open.

16. Stay up to speed with your feeds with the help of NewsRob, a handy app that syncs your phone with your Google Reader account.

Some tips @ the above link not working like 9,10 etc.

Rooting link I have given of XDA earlier; follow that link and root; dont be afraid... all will sync back... only benefits of rooting; in any case u r not going back to sprint for warranty.... lol...

You can follow this guide for rooting - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583291

Edited by dkaile

I have rooted sucessfully.But when i tried sending a file using bluex still the same error is coming.

I tried enabling server,it just enable but can't find hero from any other blue tooth device.

Did it working for you?

My firmware is 1.5.

I have not tried yet... will search for better option...but at least u rooted which by far more important...

Edited by dkaile

Default IM is not working becuase it uses Sprint SMS Backend for Chatting now Internet...

Bluetooth is Solved for Rooted Phone already Wait for Android 2.1 Sense UI (Expresso Build from me)

:clap: :clap: Hetal Back into rom building after long long time...

I am using CAR MODE which routes our calls to speaker phone by default,useful when driving.

how did u go into car mode? do let us know...

any possiblity of HTC sense in my Moto Droid?? HP, Dkaile??

Please let me know.. not getting time to sit and research..

Need help on this.. :)

^^^

the senseui isnt ported onto 2.01 of motodroid

but i am using sense ui theme on my Motorola Droid

it works well on my motodroid and runs smooth

try it out

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=254&t=923

Ill see.. but i see some news saying its possible.. will ask HP.. soon..

Battery Life Update: Experimented using Hero without data; only Voice and sms; and its been 2 FULL DAYS and still 30% juice left; so it should last 3 DAYS on voice with my kind of Voice usage; @10-12 calls of 3 minutes each and 10-15 sms per day; thats PHENOMENAL.... note: GPS was always ON... with Full Blast Data ON it lasted me FULL DAY on voice and data including wifi and data on simultaneously, along with GPS and bluetooth....

Pretty good, eh...^_^

can someone let me kno where can i get HTC Hero in delhi?? i am desperately searching for this phone!!

:previous:

how did u go into car mode? do let us know...

Try searching "CAR MODE" in market you will find it.

Glad to hear Hetal is Back into rom building :clap:

Bluetooth transfer also we need to solve.

NDRIVE is working well with india map.

SMS POPUP is also good for direct display of incoming sms on screen almost like palm.

• Like 1

^

Ok, thanks for that... and Yes, BT TRANSFER is the single most important issue we need to solve fast... its solved in 2.1 and the roms coming soon... BTW this message is sent from my Hero...

Ill see.. but i see some news saying its possible.. will ask HP.. soon..

yes its possible and there are a couple of roms as well for sensui

but they arent complete as its not completely ported

its buggy and many things wont work like wifi / bluetooth

thats why i use sense ui theme for time been

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=1067

Email client of hero (Android) is really poor. I fail to understand why mail client can not support IMAP IDLE? G mail application can be configured only for 1 mail ID. Symbian mail client on N97 support imap idle out of box. With multiple mail boxes support.

Its said than k9mail is supporting imap idle. I will download and post comment.

the email client is very very poor for non gmail services

people who use yahoo ( lets accept there are still good no of people using it )

and hotmail will have hard time on hero

^

oh, never got around testing because I am totally google "fanboy" so never needed to.... email rocks a doodle on gmail application.... multiple gmail account client support is already here in 2.1 (upto 10 push email) and is available on the new modaco rom as on date... only thing stopping us the damn ##3424# doesnt seem to work for us on 2.1...

Ab bas phataphat bt transfer problem needs to be solved...also I think wifi range is a little WEAK in comparison to my earlier pro...

Edited by dkaile

Free lifetime WaveSecure accounts for Android users till 31 Jan 2010. Download from Market today!

In case you haven’t heard of Wavesecure, this is one app that should be on your phone all the time. What is Wavesecure ?

WaveSecure is an award-winning mobile security service that lets users protect their phones, data and privacy in the event of theft. With WaveSecure, you’ll never have to worry about losing phones again.

• Track down your phone’s location and who is using it
  • Lock down your phone remotely, make it worthless to the thief
  • Backup all your data, automatically and securely
  • Wipe out your data remotely, protect your privacy

Don’t wait, install Wavesecure today and take advantage of the free lifetime offer !!!

Edited by dkaile

Multiple Push email upto 10 email can be done in Version 2.1

For Bluetooth Transfer use Bluetooth File Tramsfer Software from Market

Please Root your Phone for all other Magics

• Like 1