post-18748-126423429564_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423431145_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423432504_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423433863_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423434902_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423436486_thumb.jpg

post-18748-12642344018_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

and @sadikk - us shud start paying me now for running your unofficial customer care... u ***ody dont pay me a cent... LOL... more than half ur clients phones me up every half hour... saari malai akele khata hai...

:rofl_200:

^

Its 100% customisable who u want on which screen.. its so freakin good, u will forget wm forever; and cut paste is also easy dont worry; call x/y is totally customisable and according to my personal choice...

more screen shots attached -

I am also attaching photos of chat style sms; and multitasking on Hero (multiple softwares open at one time)

post-18748-126423956532_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423957156_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423961179_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126423964662_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

and @sadikk - us shud start paying me now for running your unofficial customer care... u ***ody dont pay me a cent... LOL... more than half ur clients phones me up every half hour... saari malai akele khata hai...

Theek hai aapko main cellwala ka CC bana dunga :P

CV Bhejo lol... hahahahah..

Thanks yaa aap ke bina mera kya hota kya pata.. Thanks a lot..

Is there any application for sending group msgs?

Edited by coolboyashok

^

I have created groups in google contacts and using it to send group sms by the inbuilt application....

you can also use textplus or handcent...

Edited by dkaile

^

ignore those lines and slightly dull screen in those shots; my screen shot software clicks the shot when I shake my phone.... lol... maybe thats why or maybe the screen dimmed just at the moment I was clicking...

for your mogul query, pls post in relevant topic and I will answer; not here...

@ashok : u can open the people option, at the bottom click on the 3rd icon which is groups, then select which group u want to send an sms, the screen opens with 2 options ie 1) send grp msg. 2)send grp mail. use whichever u want

^

here's the keyboard screen shot again; somhow the screen dims when i shake it to take a shot as the screen tries to come back toportrait mode from landscape... as you will see when I am typing your name, any new word it will automatically add to its dictionary and prompt you from next time...

post-18748-126424751552_thumb.jpg

Dhiraj Bhai,

when i tried to send a grp msg from the phone, the msg did go thro, but something strange happened, ie all my previous msgs got deleted, i dont know how...can u tell me what went wrong??

Gurus,

1.How to run java app. like NG pay and other Bank applications?

i installed Java App explorer but i could not able to run the JAD file previously downloaded..

2. HOw to copy the URL from my message and paste to the browser windows..?

3. OPera Mini-entering URl the screen becomes black..

kindly help me..

It also heats up a lot..(mY observation)

and thanks for all..

pbananth..

@punit

strange, never happened to me; must be something wrong with your rom or the installed programs

@ananth

java application is built in; u will need to add the specific applications u need to it; the url's when clicked directly from text sms directly open browser window; who uses opera mini in a phone like hero; use the default browser or try dolphin browser which is supposed to be very good.... never had any heating issues till date...

Dhiraj,

i got the url in the message..when i clicked it opened in the browser..

but the message i am getting is-"this program is for mobile only not for desktop pc".

whether there is a way to change the browser setting to represent itself as a mobile application..

thanks for the speedy reply..

I want fwd my msg to group and cant find option for forwarding sms to grps.

@shubhanyu,

correct,

but i opened only on my hero..

wether the browser represent itself as pc browser or mobile browser?

that is question.if so how to change it..

thanks..

@ananth

I just checked and clicked link in a sms and it asked me to select the link after which it went straight to the browser and opened the site; maybe the url sent to you was mistyped or not properly configured

@ashok

to send a group sms by default application (or you can use the very capable handcent program that I have recommened before), you first need to create a group. Open People (Contacts in android) - then roll your finger to the 3rd option on the scroll bar that you can view below on the screen i.e. Groups - Now click Add Group - the give the group a Name - then add the contacts you wish in that Group. (Also note that this group will be automatically synced to your Gmail account also and will be viewable after your next sync) - Once the group is created - click on that Group's Name and you will get 2 options - First to send group message and second to send group mail - choose group message - it goes into the sms application - Tap to compose your message and click send - to send to all the group recipients...

Cut and paste in received sms is slightly tricky - to cut or copy from a received sms you first need to forward it and then select it by a long press in the text body and you will get the option of either cutting or copying - then you can either discard that message or save it to drafts and use the cut/copy matter in any other application...

PS: Pls check the rom in which you are, as the original sprint roms specially 1.29 had several issues... I urge all to upgrade to 1.56 or even better to some good custom rom like modaco 1.3 (based on 1.56 base) which is very stable and trouble free and all the screen shots pasted by me are of that rom...

Edited by dkaile

be careful if u r using handcent application

its known to cause 100% awake issue on hero , which would mean poor battery life

read abt it on ppcgeeks/xda

thanks...Dhiraj..

Some more interesting screen shots -

These include -

- Rworld (yeah, its working),

- Google Talk Application (only phone except perhaps Pre which has this);

- Bookmarks (with scrolling previews, unbelievable);

- Facebook Application;

- All Programs (came in 4 shots);

- Android Market (download 20000+ applications directly from phone);

- Landscape Keyboard (better shot);

- Text Editor Application (great for taking notes; there's also an inbuilt notes application where u can even scrible notes by hand; but this is more handy as it opens/edits immediately on PC);

- Google Maps Application....

post-18748-126430725879_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430727181_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430731281_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430735339_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430738082_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430738971_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430740079_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430741054_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430745859_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430748841_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430751234_thumb.jpg

post-18748-126430759357_thumb.jpg

Edited by dkaile

And you know what, there's a wonderful Voice Search Program which i just discovered; which recognises my voice command and immediately searches Google and gives me a complete search; no typing... i just tried with saying "Australian Open" and there I was .... at the AUSTRALIAN OPEN.... Voila...

be careful if u r using handcent application

its known to cause 100% awake issue on hero , which would mean poor battery life

read abt it on ppcgeeks/xda

In fact, people were using handcent when there was a wake issue with the default 1.29 rom's default sms application, not because of it... anyways no such wake issue with the latest version of handcent...

I want fwd my msg to group and cant find option for forwarding sms to grps.

to forward a message to a group long press on the message then select forward. u will go to next screen where press on the "To" window and then press menu. In the pop up menu which comes on the bottom press on "people" and then u will get the contact directory in which groups would be the first option, press on that. Select the groups u want and press ok and then u will go back to the message screen, and then press send.

I more thing i have noticed that unlike in my previous nokia i can forward a sms to more then 10 people at one time( i have a group of 36) and all the messages get forwarded.

^

Activate Latitude on your Google Maps account and other people (whome you choose) can also see your position by the position of your mobile phone (if location is on)... in case you are kidnapped.... LOL...:rofl_200:

You will have to ask to Google to make your house a landmark... like Taj Mahal... then ANYBODY will be able to see it... :Riendo: YGMP

YGPM and YGMP... what are these??