Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
s207

Buy Corby Only If You Want To Remain In Cdma

:previous: Not true - I find no difference in voice clarity at least between RCDMA and Idea (GSM). In fact Idea is slightly better. If you compare it with say Airtel, then definitely RCDMA is better. So it depends who you are comparing with. I know CDMA is touted as the superior tech., but this claim does not seem to hold good on the field. 

Please try it on CDMA and CDMA network and GSM and GSM network

I can clearly notice the difference when i call a number of GSM Idea and RCDMA

Use HTC Hero and Enjoy CDMA till MNP actually become a Fact of Life. Enjoy..

Dear Mr. Mufaddal,

You have mistaken our concern about CDMA handsets. It is not only about availability of CDMA handsets you/we are talking about.

It also relates to the PRICES of the CDMA handsets YOU are talking about in comparision to same feature GSM handsets.

It would be of great help to compare if you could please give approx prices of the handsets, you have mentioned.

Regards

handset availibility is not at all an issue with cdma and never will be

dear

when i say something , i do say it in all aspects

in cdma there are lot of handsets to choose from

and at dirt cheap rates too

only thing is u shud know where to look at for these handsets

sometimes u have to go out of the way to get things done

as far as prices go in comparison with similarly featured gsm handsets , cdma handsets come far cheaply priced

FYI i have given up buying gsm handsets and now only buy imported cdma phones coz i get the same handset in cdma at 1/2 to 1/3 of cost of what i get in gsm

once again , sometimes u have to do things out of the way , u can know what that is by seeing what and how people use imported phones

• Like 1

When I am travelling from one town to another - in RCDMA I can speak continuously without any break, but in my Airtel oops, every 5 min the call gets cut and again I need to dial. No way these both technologies can be compared. Only handset was a problem. But now it is improving very very much. So please wait guys, dont take immediate action to shift out of RCDMA- Best tariff, good coverage

:previous: Thats what I'm saying! You are really comparing Airtel with RCom not CDMA with GSM!! Have you tried comparing with other GSM operators? If not, there is no basis for your claim.

If it were true that GSM is more prone to call drops while on the move, then can you explain to me how I can drive around the city for over an hour, passing thru dozens of cells, without a single call drop, while using my Idea connection?

Yes, if I try that on my Airtel connection, I too would be temped to echo what you said. :grin:

Just for the record, Idea does drop calls once in a rare while when you are driving and talking! :P But the fequency has been approx. the same as RCDMA's calls drops, when you are on the move.

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

Sir, the main advantage of CDMA technology is effective handling of the tower switching during a call... This is what our friends are trying to say...

Idea have Superb Connectivity in Maharashtra but in Mumbai it s**ks... And IDEA GPRS Plans are Ugly Bitch. can not look at it.

:previous: You summed it up right. The network rocks in Mah. & Goa circle. Better than RCDMA. Tariffs now seem on the higher side, but the quality is there. GPRS plans are expensive... so I make very limited use of it.

i got corby, and want to remain in cdma only.

i got corby, and want to remain in cdma only.

Dear Friend

It is good that you are in CDMA but CDMA is orphaned Child and soon you will feel Cheated. This will be more clear

once 3G starts Please do not spend much amount on fancy Sets

Edited by rajeshkatiyar

^^^

3G is still in deems, at lest when it starts not all operator will get it.

At lest now we are on CDMA + EVDO !

So why wait go for it..

:previous:

Yes... 3G GSM Handsets are available in plenty in India, but not 3G GSM services of our beloved operators... Even BSNL is extending 3G coverage, may be slightly faster than a snail... :Riendo:

Though choice of OMH CDMA EV-DO handsets are very limited, we have EVDO services atleast.. So why waste this golden opportunity...

Edited by kanagadeepan

^^^ Both views are 100% correct.

Did you see Sunil Mittal's reaction when he said he was disappointed upon 3G auctions getting delayed yet again..

I like to see him sweat nowadays.. they were supremely confident once upon a time.

Hopefully auctions will happen in Sep 09 & actual implementation (i.e. proper implementation not like BSNL types) after 3-6 months.

Sep 09

it's gone yaar :NOTriste:

now wait for sep2010 :winko:

^^^

make it sep 2xxx

can make it xxxx too, since 2xxx also not sure, if they go on like this... :rofl_200:

why we are talking only about corby,

there are lots of handset which are only cdma, htc, palm, etc , etc,

So I think this topic dont make sense to me ! We know why we are here !

Edited by hitesh123