Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RSumit

SMS problems in LG phones

Ya! and thats why reducing teriffs still not working some great magic for them. SMSers (esp College studs) don't even bring RIM in their deciding list.

U can receive 160 char SMSes but on forwarding only 140char goes... ridiculous!!!

I always thought it a short coming of N191 before joining this forum but now it seems it fault of RIM/CDMA. Does all RIM handsets hv 140char limit?(is it same 4 all cdma handsets)

They hv to lower SMS rates & increase char limt to 160. SMSes cant always be replacd by voice calls.. i mean you dont call to say SMS jokes in voice.

At least they can consider coming up with RCVs/Plans specific for SMSers.

Edited by RSumit

Ya! and thats why reducing teriffs still not working some great magic for them. SMSers (esp College studs) don't even bring RIM in their deciding list.

U can receive 160 char SMSes but on forwarding only 140char goes... ridiculous!!!

I always thought it a short coming of N191 before joining this forum but now it seems it fault of RIM/CDMA. Does all RIM handsets hv 140char limit?(is it same 4 all cdma handsets)

They hv to lower SMS rates & increase char limt to 160. SMSes cant always be replacd by voice calls.. i mean you dont call to say SMS jokes in voice.

At least they can consider coming up with RCVs/Plans specific for SMSers.

17605[/snapback]

Well, my 2030 supports upto 160 chars. ...for forwarding also. And incresing the limit to 160 is hardly enuf when GSM users can send close to a 1,000 chars!!! Besides you can't even use MMS for non RIM users! Cant SMS from the net. And no Yahoo! integration either... No ways voice calls can substitute all that...

Some handsets like 2030/7130/gtran/7230 support 160char sms :clap:

Well, my 2030 supports upto 160 chars. ...for forwarding also. And incresing the limit to 160 is hardly enuf when GSM users can send close to a 1,000 chars!!! Besides you can't even use MMS for non RIM users! Cant SMS from the net. And no Yahoo! integration either... No ways voice calls can substitute all that...

17635[/snapback]

It seems Reliance has a strange policy of keeping their customers totally under thier grip. No 3rd party meddlings. So u cant download tones/pics/games inspite of having java phone, nor MMS to others and even not petty EMS. RIM just don't want to share with thier revenue.

OR may be they dont follow standards so these 3rd parties r not compatible. Even in there handsets there no local web browser... use the clumsy one in RWorld...favs automaticaly gets deleted, no opts like pics on/off etc.

Now they better start opening up and handshake with standards.

May be later handsets will more conform to the standards. Atleast this LG model has resident MMS.

Anyone knows whether it has 140 or 160 character SMS ?

This is amazing ...140 char SMS!!! ;) And for this reason I wont even consider this phone! Guys, think before you buy - I discovered very recently that several of the messages my friends send form GSM networks and which don't get thru to me are just about a character more than my phones capacity. A friend tried to send me an SMS from his Idea, in front of me, and he even got a "Message Sent" message on his screen! And he tried twice ...but nothing got thru to me. You are likely to get into several misunderstandings on this count ...as I did. No use buying phones with a measly 140 char SMS capacity when others (GSM users) have close to 1,000 char capacity ...unless you just dont need SMSes.

I also discovered one more thing: SMSes sent to Tata Indicom mobiles and FWPs from my RIM dont return a delivery reciept! :P

Edited by raccoon

I also discovered one more thing: SMSes sent to Tata Indicom mobiles and FWPs from my RIM dont return a delivery reciept!  ;)

Dunno abt TATA but my RD2030 acknowledges for FWP.

I also discovered one more thing: SMSes sent to Tata Indicom mobiles and FWPs from my RIM dont return a delivery reciept!  ;)

17993[/snapback]

tata indicom. run like hell from them man run like hell. they send me 10k bill for no reason and instead of sending them 20 complains (i got complain ticket number) 6 faxes and 2 personal visits to galleries they havent correted my bill hence i have cancelled the phone but nobody has come to take away there damn box but they are still sending me bills.

run away from tata indicom.

i have 2 tata mobiles.... same thing here... 1stly i get totally outrageous bills..then ive cancelled it more than 2 months back & YES...i'm yet getting my bills.

& yes again..no ones comes to collect the handset...so i'm experimenting with them now(software wise , i mean)

I also discovered one more thing: SMSes sent to Tata Indicom mobiles and FWPs from my RIM dont return a delivery reciept!  :D

17993[/snapback]

You mean your 2030 returns a delivery receipt to RELIANCE FWP? That I believe mine does too ...im talking about Tata mobile & FWP! Has anybody got a delivery reciept for SMSes to Tata phones? At least I don't...

ur right..when i send a sms to tata...i usually get a report the next day or in some cases..after 2days

Well, at least you got them ...even if its after a day or two ...Iv never got any ...ever! :) But yes, most of the msgs did get thru.

by the time i reached at the end of the thread, i forgot wht the topic was abt :)

Expected Lauch date of 6130?

oh yes... the LG 6130 & the Nokia 3105 will be at almost all the WW by the 9th & 10th.They dont know the prices as yet, but they say that there will be exchange schemes for both pre-paid & post-paid users.

You mean your 2030 returns a delivery receipt to RELIANCE FWP? That I believe mine does too ...im talking about Tata mobile & FWP! Has anybody got a delivery reciept for SMSes to Tata phones? At least I don't...

18028[/snapback]

It does work the other way round, sms sent from TATA phone to Reliance (both FWP and mobile on 93 no. ), I get a delivery report.It works both ways fine here.

It does work the other way round, sms sent from TATA phone to Reliance (both FWP and mobile on 93 no. ), I get a delivery report.It works both ways fine here.

"It works both ways fine"? :confuse: You mean you get a delivery conf. report even when you send messages FROM Reliance TO Tata? Really strange why it shouldnt work here... :confuse:

Edited by raccoon

I think we people are going off topic this topic is about LG 6130 and not sms why dont u start another topic for sms related problem

I think we people are going off topic this topic is about LG 6130 and not sms why dont u start another topic for sms related problem

18316[/snapback]

There you go, new topic. Pull your hair on the 140 charcters or delivery reports now :confuse:

There you go, new topic. Pull your hair on the 140 charcters or delivery reports now :confuse:

:confuse: RIM is going to make us bald real soon... :( Then Reliance can get into the Minoxidil business... :P

Edited by raccoon