Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::Hitesh::

Download Full Anti-Virus software for free

^

I so agree, I use avg from a long time, and there isnt anything that it cant do :)

Some general comments:

For registry leaning etc. I use CCleaner. The first C stands for Cr**. Have been using it for quite a few years.

The LvSaft group is a very competent lot so they should be good.

AvastFree is popular with a lot of software pros.

CCleaner has a very basic registry cleaner. There are proggies that clean a lot better... but such cleaning can be dangerous, if you aren't sure what you are doing. CCleaner on the other hand seems does very basic cleaning. So its v safe, but not so effective. Best thing by far is to use uninstallers, so you don't clutter it up in the 1st place.

Heard good things about AVG though never have used it myself, stuck to McAfee as got used to it.

@Rajan - thanks.

@Kamal - thanks, can I post a link to the Dr. Web and Kasperky mobile AVs in the Android software thread? Most Android users would visit that thread and with Android market being unmonitored, there are many malware floating around so everyone on Android should have an AV.

Wary of double posting hence asking.

Edited by digitalnirvana

^^^

Yes dear Dipan, you can. :)

Free BETA Versions of Norton Internet Security 2012 & Norton Antivirus 2012 available from here http://us.norton.com/beta/index.jsp

Keep in mind that once the beta testing is over & release version comes out, it will stop working.

Is there any good, credible antivirus available for free now ?

AVG

:(

Anything better ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

Microsoft Security Essentials : Using this since last 3 years on all my machines. (Am a WinXP User).

• Like 1

Personally using Avast 8 Free edition on my laptop and I am pretty happy with it.

^^^^^

Yes... Avast is very good and FREE for personal use...

There is a deal on win patrol which is a good anti spyware go to winpatrol dot com and buy for $2.50 unlimited subscription it normally costs $29.95.

Believe me AVG is actually excellent. There is no need to buy an AV. You can go for MSE if you don't like AVG.

Don't want to get in a flame war here, but I have been using it for 6-7 years on all machines and have had zero infections inspite of multiple virus outbreaks in office and using known to be infected pendrives.

On Win 8 machines I have started remaining with the inbuilt Microsoft Security Essentials.

But I still prefer AVG if I know there's some hostile/suspicious stuff around and install it for some days and then remove and switch back to MSE.

@Ami bhai,

I too feel, no need to purchase AV (use free or use free ;) )

After avast my preference is always AVG

then I may go for MSE but it is too daam slow in disinfection

^ I agree fully Hitesh bhai.

Will start trying out Avast now since you are recommending. Have been with AVG for too long i guess.

My biggest problem with MSE is that I can't get any info on suspicious files, it just says it was blocked and you have option to unblock. On top of that it blocks almost everything so too many false positives. And its not clear if its scanning USB pen drives etc on access or not. Otherwise, its quite idiot proof.

• Like 1

Recommend you also use an anti-malware software and a personal firewall for a very basic protection of your computing device. Especially if you do online banking from here.

^^^

MSE shows files name / Path / affected with etc info, which info are you looking for ?