Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
madhumnair

SMS from Reliance Website

The xxxxxxxxxx: is like a chat thing. Even if they send it as xxxxxxxxxx without : you still not reply to it.

Hmm..... Long time back I had asked LG Mobiles Developers to provide a global clipboard(Copy) option for all the text feilds atleast in their future handsets. I think they haven't yet considered it __ may be they consider it to be confusing for most users.

It can be very useful in such a situtation as well as in R-World etc.

Hmm..... Long time back I had asked LG Mobiles Developers to provide a global clipboard(Copy) option for all the text feilds atleast in their future handsets. I think they haven't yet considered it __ may be they consider it to be confusing for most users.

It can be very useful in such a situtation as well as in R-World etc.

19965[/snapback]

You mean something like the USE NUMBER option, which lets you to call back or store any number received as sms.

I sent a message to myself. This is how it displays:

INTERACTIVE

02:11 am Nov 24

0937XXXXXXX:

Hows this as an

example frm me?

- Racoon

When I tried the "Reply" option, it displays "No reply phone number received."

So as you say EEPROM, apparently the "from" number is not revealed ...or rather it seems its revealed (as its clearly showing above) but its not being recieved in the "headers" (and thats why the "From" function is not working). Perhaps its just being sent as a part of the message body? Either way the senders number seems to be revealed ...so its not right to say that the Message Centre is not revealing the "from" number, right? :D

This will definitely make life a bit difficult for us, as the senders name will not display from the addr book & we cant use the "Reply" f(x) either ...but then in RD 2030 you can't get a delivery receipt if you use "Reply" ...so at least I never use it anyway! RIM .......arrrggggggggggg!!! :clap:

No, that not it. The no. xxxxxxxxxx: is not the from no..There is no from no. The SMS message center (Hyderabad no.) sends the sms without revealing the from no. Also, the Message center no is not revealed on Reliance Handsets.

19955[/snapback]

Beetle, did u really try it out urself? Who says that its not the FROM no? When Manoj msgd me, it showed his no. itself with a stupid "colon" added to it! Get that now? If that colon wouldn't be there, we could simply selected REPLY and bingo, there u go!

Maybe its different in Hyd :clap:

No, that not it. The no. xxxxxxxxxx: is not the from no..There is no from no. The SMS message center (Hyderabad no.) sends the sms without revealing the from no. Also, the Message center no is not revealed on Reliance Handsets.

19955[/snapback]

Beetle, did u really try it out urself? Who says that its not the FROM no? When Manoj msgd me, it showed his no. itself with a stupid "colon" added to it! Get that now? If that colon wouldn't be there, we could simply selected REPLY and bingo, there u go!

Maybe its different in Hyd :P

20012[/snapback]

He He, thanks for calling me Beetle. Ok. here it is, my last effort to put some sense into the legend moderator of rimweb :D

Have you ever got any sms with no reply no.? Like some emergency message from Reliance. It happens all the time on GSM...!! Even the four digit reply no. is not revealed. Happens on reliance too. Well, this is one such message.

The xxxxxxxxxxx: is being sent as part of the SMS, not as a header/phone no. and definetely not with a colon added by mistake. xxxxxxxxxx: is the way it was designed to be, and meant to be. Legally and by common sense Reliance cannot allow the PHONE NO. to be displayed as the FROM no, as it did not really arise from the phone, but the phones owners account (Which is not the same as phone). I hope it makes sense.

The no. is being sent as part of the SMS. :)Read Dr. CODEs post, he knows it too.

About the Hyderabad no., its the message center no. dude..!!! Send an sms to a GSM phone, and it will reveal the message center no. Havent you heard of stuff on GSM like changing Message center no. and getting unlimited free sms?? Happens all the time. Aaaaaah :'( Not on Reliance, never been able to change the message center no. Dont know any other message center no other than the Hyderabad no.

Edited by EEPROM

I sent a message to myself. This is how it displays:

INTERACTIVE

02:11 am Nov 24

0937XXXXXXX:

Hows this as an

example frm me?

- Racoon

When I tried the "Reply" option, it displays "No reply phone number received."

So as you say EEPROM, apparently the "from" number is not revealed ...or rather it seems its revealed (as its clearly showing above) but its not being recieved in the "headers" (and thats why the "From" function is not working). Perhaps its just being sent as a part of the message body? Either way the senders number seems to be revealed ...so its not right to say that the Message Centre is not revealing the "from" number, right?  :unsure:

This will definitely make life a bit difficult for us, as the senders name will not display from the addr book & we cant use the "Reply" f(x) either ...but then in RD 2030 you can't get a delivery receipt if you use "Reply" ...so at least I never use it anyway! RIM .......arrrggggggggggg!!! :P

20005[/snapback]

Chiraag read this :'( :) Ok, one more example. Do you have an sancharnet account? Send an email from Sancharnet email account to a GSM no.. You will get an sms on GSM with REPLY no. as SANCHARNET (Yes, alphabets not numbers) This is a similar thing. Here instead of SANCHARNET its INTERACTIVE.

The FROM no is INTERACTIVE, the owners account is part of the SMS. Ok. I am tired, :D

The xxxxxxxxxxx: is being sent as part of the SMS, not as a header/phone no.

The no. is being sent as part of the SMS. :)  

Alrite, if thts the case, then it plainly s*cks! If we cant know the name of the corresponding no. from the phone book, its logically useless! :D
Legally and by common sense Reliance cannot allow the PHONE NO. to be displayed as the FROM no, as it did not really arise from the phone, but the phones owners account (Which is not the same as phone). I hope it makes sense.
I guess there cud have been a better way to let the recipient know tht this msg has not originated frm the cellphone! This is not really the way to go by making the incoming no part of the msg!! correct?
About the Hyderabad no., its the message center no. dude..!!! Send an sms to a GSM phone, and it will reveal the message center no. Havent you heard of stuff on GSM like changing Message center no. and getting unlimited free sms?? Happens all the time. Aaaaaah  :'(   Not on Reliance, never been able to change the message center no. Dont know any other message center no other than the Hyderabad no.

20016[/snapback]

I've played arnd with a quite a few GSM phones too! lolz, but whts this got to do in this topic? How is the Center no. relevant here?

Maybe its different in Hyd :)

20012[/snapback]

Ooh, the relevance of Message center no. is a reply to this. I am not in Hyderabad :D Common Chiraag, you are smarter :'(

Chiraag read this :'( :) Ok, one more example. Do you have an sancharnet account? Send an email from Sancharnet email account to a GSM no.. You will get an sms on GSM with REPLY no. as SANCHARNET (Yes, alphabets not numbers) This is a similar thing. Here instead of SANCHARNET its INTERACTIVE.

The FROM no is INTERACTIVE, the owners account is part of the SMS. Ok. I am tired, :D

Ya, I saw that ...definitely seems that way Beetle.

Chiraag, its kinda similar to email ...if you know what I mean...

But the mechanics of it dosent help the fact that it still makes life difficult for users... :P

First of all Reliance SMS Application is awesome, three cheers for the one who found it even though this is not official.

Does anybody knows, where the connection is made ( i mean the server which is connected to the portal to send the SMS), as you might guess, this is yet not official, so the person who is still developing has left a glitch. A glitch to a small world.

It will reveal the code to this application.

Well i think i have the answer to this. The script is mainly in .js (Java Script ), the script which is very powerfull, but in this case, that is what is helping in logging in, validating the rim numbers, and most Importantly the connections part (Ummmh sounds interesting isn’t it)

So when you enter this url http://rworld.relianceinfo.com/webapp/RWor...r?event=COMPOSE. you get the compose screen, if you have logged in.

so what if you entered http://rworld.relianceinfo.com/webapp/RWorld/sms/, this by mistake.

Holy Crap, looks, like the Guy who is testing this application, has left the directory browsing on.

So all you can see is the files and folders, which constitutes this appl. and even the dates, when this application was tested and the dates of recent changes.

and check out the scripts folder, that’s the gold mine if you are searching for the server address and how its authenticated.

If you are a programmer or good in scripting, you can download all the .js file, open in the notepad and see the code.

Voila' you can stumble upon the connection part of the program, which might help users to create their own application, and host it on their own website.

And the rest you can do it yourself.

Let me know what you get out of it.

Krinish

Well we dont know what way its charged.moreover one cannot register in another persons name since the password is smsed to the concerned number for registration. for me neither matters since i used a prepaid number to register with outgoing barred :clap:

19813[/snapback]

How did you manage to log in with prepaid. I have been trying for a couple of days. I get an error always. Anybody know how prepaiders can avail of this facility?

Well that number "Was" a postpaid converted to prepaid

in the doc posted by Arun, the page 18 reads,

9.3 Multiple Messaging System

This feature is currently available in Gyanmandir portal. To be made available on www.relianceinfo.com.

Whts this Gyanmandir? Is it related to R-World?

Whts this Gyanmandir? Is it related to R-World?

20524[/snapback]

Gyanmandir (gm.ril.com) is a intra-net portal for Reliance employees, havn't had a chance to go into the details of the system since my friendly WW Store Manager is busy with BBC launch these days :ph34r:

September 2002 to January 2003
Reliance Infocomm Gyanmandir Portal

The Gyanmandir portal is designed and developed using Domino.Doc. All the documents of Reliance will be stored in this portal and the employees of Reliance will access the same, with due security aspects provided. Customized search is also provided in the system that helps in searching documents in any of the libraries. Links to the mail database and salary information is also provided in the site, so that it becomes a one-stop site that caters to all the needs of the employee.
Role Involved in the analysis of requirements, design, coding and testing. Leading a team, distribution of work and coding.
Environment: Domino.Doc/Domino, Lotus Notes, Domino Designer, Lotus Script, Java Script, HTML, Win 2000

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=cache:YoxvXUdIVWYJ:www.lavatech.com/resumes.nsf/0/FDB2BC5A13ED
924385256D870058C106%3FOpenDocument+gyanmandir+reliance&hl=en

gyan mandir as said is the intranet of RIL. it has all the resources tht might be required by any RIL employee (like leave, attendance cheking, information abt some other employee, etc) availiable on it.

Every Corp has this stuff... as for the SMS portal... it is totally free with just the prob of limited quota... this SMS portal was launched thru gm.ril.com only...

CAD

alrite so does any1 really know wht this quota is? Hence we wud understand how n when to use! if its say "x" msgs in a month, then is this month corresponding to our billing cycles or independent of it?

Hey guys,

I have tried this tool and if you need a delivery receipt you need to put in you RIM number as i have tried email and it oesnt work but RIM Number gets the delivery receipt

nope donno the quota but today recieved the msg that ur msg quota is over for this month!

i think its 100 msg per month. jus a wild guess

For my 7130 the opts reply / forward are missing if i sms myself thru net ... so can't fwd jokes etc .. :-(

ME too have tried MMS.RIC so many times.... Hasnot worked for me  :(

Vijay

19897[/snapback]

Try this: ...

To: 093xxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com

Tanveer

I was trying to send SMS to a RIM number through SMS portal. I am getting an error stating "Your quota for this month has expired; Please try agin after some time"

Please suggest!! Please guide what is the limit of this quota.