Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
madhumnair

SMS from Reliance Website

it says u r not logged in please log in now how to do that

it says u r not logged in please log in now how to do that

19769[/snapback]

Click on the link and use your R-Bill login to authenticate.

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/SMSLogin

And you are on :-)

And Its working I tested it just now :-)

Edited by psarna

yeah its working and the good thing is that you can send message of 430 characters but is it chargeable since it uses ur no to send the sms I do not have to worry about it since I am in DAPO but what about others

Help says that every user has a particular monthly quota of SMS, and you can send as many SMS as your quota. If its Quota based then it has to be free, coz if its chargeable then it would be unlimited.

Maybe Quota is dependent on your plan/usage... How to know that :clap:

Edited by psarna

Click on the link and use your R-Bill login to authenticate.

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/SMSLogin

19772[/snapback]

Now thts super cool, psarna!

Wish they supported all other Mobiles too. No issues! Somethings better than nothing, huh?

Can some1 tell me why the message delivery is set to an email id as well? Wht could be the logic behind it? though nothings wrong, but still would like to understand! And how do u set the Group Lists in this?

its not for email only u can put ur mobile no also there as is given in the help section i had given my email id the sms got delivered but no delivery report till now strange

and the good thing is that you can send a longer message but why is it not put on the site it is like a hidden thing you have to go thru backdoor to access it

If u ask this to RCC i am 100% sure they have no idea about it

Strange are the ways of reliance

Maybe these r jus ways of RIM testing stuff thru RIMweb community? ;) Where could they find a dedicated 1000+ strong RIM addicts? :P

Whtever! We are at an advantage!! Get more of ur frenz introduced here and keep SMSing!

Any1 knows abt the GROUP LISTS mentioned in the Help Section? How do u set it up!

gr8!

It worked for me also, having FWP.

But i am confused for one thing.

If i register other phone number (for example: my neighbour's number)

and then use his number to send the SMS, then who will be charged.

It should be the neighbour, whose no i've used.

Well we dont know what way its charged.moreover one cannot register in another persons name since the password is smsed to the concerned number for registration. for me neither matters since i used a prepaid number to register with outgoing barred :P

Now thts super cool, psarna!

Wish they supported all other Mobiles too. No issues! Somethings better than nothing, huh?

Can some1 tell me why the message delivery is set to an email id as well? Wht could be the logic behind it? though nothings wrong, but still would like to understand! And how do u set the Group Lists in this?

19790[/snapback]

For RIM to RIm messaged Reliance does not need to pay any ADC, so it can actually provide the facility for free to RIM users bound only by network constraints (impose a monthly quota!).

If they introduce it for other service providers too, am sure it would be billed.

Also, features as group list etc might be still in development, we should be able to see them in sometime.

As for the email for delivery reports, that's an added advantage - say you are out of India and need to send some SMS, login to Reliance, send the SMS and check the delivery reports on email :-) Sounds good ehhh...

gr8!

It worked for me also, having FWP.

But i am confused for one thing.

If i register other phone number (for example: my neighbour's number)

and then use his number to send the SMS, then who will be charged.

It should be the neighbour, whose no i've used.

19810[/snapback]

yes it would be your neighbour if you use his login and password, but then you would require the password to login which is only SMSed to the phone when you register. If you manage to con your neighbour to get his password his account is all yours :-)

If you manage to con your neighbour to get his password his account is all yours :-)

19815[/snapback]

But if your neighbour doesnt use the net,

Then you could make use of it.

Better than to go to waste ..

Anyone has a neighbor like that ??????? ME from DAPO or else i wud defn wish to have such neighbors :P

Manoj jus smsd me some time back. His no. is stored in my Phone. But when i got his msg, his no. was 09323xxxxxx:

do u'll see the colon after the no.? Thts the reason the Corresponding Name wasn't recognised from the Phone Book in the SMS! Now heres 1 more bug :P

Manoj jus smsd me some time back. His no. is stored in my Phone. But when i got his msg, his no. was 09323xxxxxx:

do u'll see the colon after the no.? Thts the reason the Corresponding Name wasn't recognised from the Phone Book in the SMS! Now heres 1 more bug :P

19845[/snapback]

Dude, thats the way its supposed to be. Try replying to the number, THERE IS NO REPLY NO. Its no bug

If DAPO users r not charged, then one can use the DAPO no. for login.

cauz neither he nor his DAPO friend will be charged.

and one more thing, why there is no link in the site for this SMS application?

or is it available on R-World?

cauz i've no RIM only FWP.

So i can't check.

It's not avail in R-World. There are easier means to provide it it in R-world if at all (why shud they ever :P ) they wish.

As for using wap - some one wid a bit knowledge in html/Javascript/wap can make a wap version out of it and host on a free wap host and access that page & send SMS :thumb:

U still have directory access on the SMS webpage and U can download off all the scripts etc if U want :P

Cooool!! Finally someone can start sms service to Reliance phones. But the from no. would be a problem.

Hutch has a similar service as a part of its corporate connections (not sure)

Hey can anyone find out what id does all these sms are sent inorder to reach the customer? i mean if for airtel its number@airtelkk.com etc ; what could be for reliance :P

Hey can anyone find out what id does all these sms are sent inorder to reach the customer? i mean if for airtel its number@airtelkk.com etc ; what could be for reliance :P

19885[/snapback]

Reliance has no such service yet. Its been mentioned so many times before on various threads in this forum. The mms.ric thing also never works.

Dude, thats the way its supposed to be. Try replying to the number, THERE IS NO REPLY NO.  Its no bug

19857[/snapback]

"supposed to be"! What does that mean here? Y shud it be that way. The no. could have simply been without the colon and we could have directly replied via SMS! Isn't that better?

No, that not it. The no. xxxxxxxxxx: is not the from no..There is no from no. The SMS message center (Hyderabad no.) sends the sms without revealing the from no. Also, the Message center no is not revealed on Reliance Handsets.

The xxxxxxxxxx: is like a chat thing. Even if they send it as xxxxxxxxxx without : you still not reply to it.

Help says that every user has a particular monthly quota of SMS, and you can send as many SMS as your quota. If its Quota based then it has to be free, coz if its chargeable then it would be unlimited.

Maybe Quota is dependent on your plan/usage... How to know that ;)

19777[/snapback]

May be you right.. In "Help" They clearly mentioned.

So, there is nothing to be happy for DAPOs

Can someone find out whats the real quota?