Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Sprint And Htc Reveal The Evo 4G Android Smartphone

Mar 24, 2010

PC World

Sprint HTC EVO 4G

After months of rumors, Sprint and HTC's Android 4G smartphone is finally here. The HTC EVO 4G (originally codenamed "Supersonic") sports a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen with multitouch and runs HTC's updated Sense user interface over Android 2.1 mobile OS.

With such a large display, the EVO is ideal for watching video. Not only does it support a wide array of video codecs, it also has HDMI output and comes with a kickstand for hands-free video watching.

The EVO 4G also ships with an 8-megapixel camera with "HD-capable" video capture. Unsurprisingly, its powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, also seen on the HTC-built Nexus One.

Like the HTC Legend, Desire and HD2 Mini, the EVO 4G runs the revamped Sense interface. Launched at Mobile World Congress, the new Sense UI offers some useful new functions for easy navigation including a new feature called Leap. Essentially, Leap is an elegant way of handling multitasking; it's actually a bit reminiscent of Palm's webOS deck of cards visualization. Pinch anywhere on the homescreen, and you'll jump to seven thumbnail versions of your open pages. From there, you can go to any of those open applications or close out of one.

Another new feature in a new widget called Friend Stream. It allows you to view your friends' status updates, shared links, and pictures all in one seamless view.

Sprint says its 4G network delivers peak download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. While Sprint has been talking about its WiMAX service (via the Clearwire network) for a few years now, we haven't seen very many WiMAX-enabled devices outside of laptop cards and modems. At CES, Sprint announced the Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot that will work with WiMAX networks, where available.

The EVO 4G is coming this summer to Sprint, but pricing has not yet been announced. Check back soon for a closer look and hands-on review of the HTC EVO 4G.

10 times faster than 3g... Lolz... India is yet to see 3g... Lolz... Hail democratics and Babus...

good feature pack phones and power of connectivity good going HTC and Sprint.

But we can only dream about it :Confuso:

WOW !!! Here comes the new toy for the rimweb GURUs to play with.

This phone AFAIK is comparable to the HD2, but this has the plus point of having powered by Android.

Wish this becomes available soon enough!

No dreaming... this will be here ASAP..... now will have to take decision whether to first try out Verizon N1 or wait another 2-3 months for Sprint Supersonic.... hmmm... tough call...

@ Dhiraj Sir,

What is the difference between the two? apart from the looks if any?

seedhi sadi bhasha mein... Supersonic, Nexus 1 ka baap hai..... lol... mind blowing specs sheet yaar... check the link given by Arun for full specs....

8MP camera, Dual fronT (1.3mp) camera, HDMI Port, Micro USB, 4G enabled, 4.3" screen.... these things are higher than Nexus 1 in this phone...

The basic strategy of Sprint to unveil this phone (though we knew about its coming since last 3 months) at this crucial juncture is to discourage prospective customers from shifting to Verizon Nexus 1....

Viase if we keep on waiting, there will be NO END to new launches... every 2-3 months you will se a new and better product coming out... thats why, ascertain your needs and LIVE THE MOMENT.... like right now, I am enjoying the HERO as hell... most capable device and size in Indian Conditions as there is no sight of even 3G, let alone 4G which seems a joke at the moment...

Edited by dkaile

But what do say about the looks?? and the Sense UI?

I feel that looks of Sprint offering looks damn good!

i already read abt the supersonic months back

but now after official confirmation and seeing full spec sheet

i think i will give verizon N1 a miss

i always beleive that sprint offers best deal , and i am glad that proven correct with the EVO announcement

I think N1 is Best Fit in Hand and Pocket as well as for Gaming

I just Bought and Played Raging Thunder 2 and Seems Okay.

i love the N1 looks... EVO looks like a brick whereas N1 is like galsNO.gif... slim trim with nice curvestongue.gif

@ Amit Bhai!

Atleast leave the phones yaar! Don't look at them with those "Shaitaani Nazar" (Just Kidding)

Agreed that looks are better of N1 but I still feel its better to wait for Sprint Supersonic!

PC world has given comparison between N1 and Evo4..

Comparison

That back cover stinks for me!

first let the EVO come in hands , simply reading abt size dimensions and seeing pics wont give proper idea about size

holding a phone in hand and seeing pics is way different

so we cant comment about size , unless we hold it in out own hands

^^^

since its appeared on fcc so it should be launched in a month

may be by mid june

EVO is launching on June4....So who all wants it... let me know...

Edited by dkaile

price?

^

You really took me seriously; I am not a seller; maybe my wordings didnt come out right...

let me rephrase, all my friends who want it , let me know; my friends dont ask me price....I try to get best possible price for them... even I dont know the price... LOL..... tentatively must come around 25-35K

Others may kindly contact Sadikk...

Edited by dkaile

well once evo launches even i will sell my incredible

and i m sure even other members who have incredible will do same ...