Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

Sprint HTC EVO 4G

EVO 4G shipped with improperly grounded displays?

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/06/14/evo-4g-shipped-with-improperly-grounded-displays/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28Boy+Genius+Report%29

Apart from scattered complaints that the glass display on the HTC EVO has a tendency to separate from the devices housing, word from xda-developers is that the EVO likely suffers from the same poorly grounded capacitive display issues on another popular HTC device, the Droid Incredible. What this means that is if an EVO with an improperly grounded display is placed on a flat surface, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to operate. But complete the connection by placing a finger on the side of the display and — voilà! — the issue goes away. We should be perfectly clear and say that not all devices suffer from this issue, but from what we’ve read it seems that this is a real problem that needs to be jointly addressed by HTC and Sprint. How is your EVO’s display functioning?

[Via Good and EVO]

as long as im concerned my evo looks and works absolutely fine with no hardware or any physical issues with the phone. im throughly enjoying my phone and showing it off .. :Sorprendido::GirandoOjos:....so im cool

I dont think this is a big issue; such campaigns are started by rivals at the launch of all good phones...

@sandeep

rite now ur phone is new

in case if the issue is there still it will take some time to pop up

i will be getting one more evo , will check that also for this hyped issue

i agree with dhiraj bhai...sometimes the rivals put up such things to avoid people from buying...

@ muffaddal there will be a flow of the EVOs and the INCREDIBLEs coming your way...so get going my friend... :)

Seidio's Innocase II Surface could hold the screen well even if there is an Issue..

Link

now this is getting on my nerves...i dont find any defect right now as well i dont think in near future that the screen/display will come out...i mean the phone is with me and i have checked it throughly and doesnt seems anything like that to me.....this must be the trick of the rival companies to discourage people to buy the EVO as said earlier by dhiraj bhai.....and i dont trust the grapevine or the rumours on the internet.....

Just relax, why bother so much, don't take all these reports on your nerve. there are positive and negetive news roaming around for every product.

^

True indeed.

But these are not rumors as the EVO users are the ones who are telling.

Anyways whats the loss in being preventive than careless. :Decepcionado:

i know but jitna EVO pe discussion hua hai on this forum utna kisi phone pe nahin hua just considering one damn reason from the rumours from the internet...can u imagine buying a mecedez and after 1 week the steeting wheel comes off.....?

same thing here..its been just 10 days since the phone is launched and people have started having stupid problems and have started posting them on internet as well...seems crazy to me...

Same is here. But why to care.

You have a phone which is not owned yet by others and enjoying to the fullest. Kick everything and enjoy it.

Dont you worry me also joining you.

sumit u r right...i dont care whatever others say...but just that why are people so bothered abt this issue in india as though there will be thousands of evo users in india...lol...:Contento:

im a proud owner of a phone which will be only in few hands as of now...and top of that im the first one on this community to own it... hope that ur evo is all set soon...

Beacuse of high relolutution Screen this phone doest have good battery back up i suppose

@ Parin bhai.

Not due to high resolution but because its LCD and not AMOLED.

exactly sumit..lcd screen will eat up more battery. but if u keep the brightness level decent and u keep bluetooth, wifi and other stuff off when not used your battery will last for one whole day...

Even If it lasts 2 hours I give a damn,,,,, I love it, I Got it...

Edited by SumitVerma

hahaahahahaha..true...jalne wale to jalte rahenge..haathon ko apne malte rahenge...

I keep my incredible brightness at FULL at all times and also data on 24x7 and battery lasts full day; similar battery tests may be posted by evo user(s)...

@parin

amoled is sharper than lcd but the supplier is Samsung; and the cost over 3.7" is very high as of now, hence lcd is used here in evo...

That mean Incredicle Consumes lesser battery due to Amoled

That very good

Amoled Zindabad

Hurray for Incredible Users as Battery is core of this highend phones.

More Battery life = More Fun

:Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

I totally agreed with Dhiraj bhai here! Battery backup and crispness of AMOLED display is much better than compared to Incredible and with data on 24x7 I dont think EVO could get more than 10 hours, I am damn sure.

Maybe Seidio's 1800 mah could do some wonders and could compare with Incre's 1300 mah battery

Edited by SumitVerma

hi, wat is the price of evo in india and how i can get it ??

btw, thanks !!! :signthankspin:

@rahuljin Wait for 6 months and u can get this beast beween. 20 to 25k

Though official price is 550$ shipping and customs extra

Better is to get it from sadik or hitesh whom ever u want as it needs to be unlocked to work on reliance or tata

Edited by parin

Yes it is @550 but its sold off everywhere!