Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

Sprint HTC EVO 4G

^

Thats useless waste, Its better to wait for the custom releases.

Well I guess very good custom roms would come out soon since evo 4g is selling very well... So lets keep the fingers crossed... Btw I havent even updated to the lateset patch (1.47) ... nor rooted... thought I'll root aft I get the android 2.2...

HTC Evo 4G Android 2.2 Froyo Update is Finally Here, Sooner Than Expected

Just if you haven't noticed, today is August 3, 2010, the day when the HTC Evo 4G users were promised an Android Froyo 2.2 update and what really comes across as a pleasant surprise is the fact that the OTA update has already started reaching a number of users before the scheduled/expected time.

Android-Froyo-2.2-Update-Arrives-For-HTC-Evo-4G1.jpg

Unlike the cases of many Android Froyo craving smartphones users across the globe, the Evo 4G users have gotten lucky as they did not have to indefinitely wait for the Froyo goodness to arrive, with their OTA update arriving on time.

The HTC Evo 4G as it is has been a hot selling smartphone given its bright feature set and the ability to run on WiMAX bands and add to this the advantages that Froyo brings in, Evo 4G suddenly seems a complete package.

The particular update for Evo 4G arrives with goodies such as USB tethering, voice dialing, Wi-Fi hotspot functionality and support for Adobe Flash 10.1. Another noticeable improvement is the ability to install applications to the removable storage options.

There is also a new flashlight application which can be brought into use as a great amusement option. Another great advantage of the Froyo over the Eclair would be unbelievably better browsing speeds and you will realize this when you eventually have version 2.2 running on your Evo 4G handsets.

Edited by dkaile

^^^ waht u guys says shud i go for this??

Getting update on mine too :P

^

YES, YES, YES...

If you aint rooted, then go for it IMMEDIATELY...

Sadly, No (official) update for us Incredible users yet... :Decepcionado:

Edited by dkaile

Mine still says : 'Update to 1.47' .... should I go for the 1.47... Is it safe yet ? Will wait for the rooted froyo to come before upgrading...

Update : Went for the update....(keeping fingers crossed)

Update2 : Successfully updated to ver 1.47.xxx.xx... (thank God)

Now its time for Froyo.. :)

Edited by gaurangbhartia

@ Gaurang it will ask for first 1.47 and then 3.xx do OTA twice

@Hetal : Thanks :) ... Just completed with 1.47 OTA (thank god it didnt brick my device !)

Now again sit tight and do second OTA

Still Downloading... Download is stuck....Network Error

Edit : I found the error is due to my internet connection (DSL link Down)... The phone is still safe.. (Whew)

Have to wait till the link is back...:(

Edited by gaurangbhartia

^

LOL.... 100% BSNL hoga...

^

LOL.... 100% BSNL hoga...

Ur 99.99% Correct ... Its MTNL !! :(

I am getting erratic signal ... the link light does not stay for more than a few mins... i can surf only for that time till it gets disconnected again... Looks like I'll have to use my gprs to surf... but cant update my phone on that... :(

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Phone will be safe as it will first download OTA. Verify OTA Signature byte and if it correct then only flash it. Don Worry

do this only and only if u dont want root

this thing patches root for now

and unrevoked team has asked not to load it unless root is not important for you

it will come sooner or later ! 

so enjoy today !

Why to Hit axe to Leg and then go to Doctor.

Always be on ROOT not matter what. Verizon may lock any Damn Stupid Apps, Market, NV Item you know CM_Guaridian.exe which dont Allow RWorld in Windows Phone.

yeh log hame darate (muffi/hetal) rahenge to hum darte rahenge kya???

UPDATE NOW and ENJOY... Root doesnt make much difference if you are general user... I have not rooted my Incredible till now...

and Shadowmite and team will eventually root it, so dont be afraid... ENJOY.... :Riendo:

aur aisa soch kar agar log Doctor ke pass jaana band kar denge to unki (Hetal/ Muffi) doctori kaise chalegi... they need guinea pigs like YOU/ME... :Contento:

Edited by dkaile

Mareej to chahiye hi hai Doctor ko..LOL

:Sorprendido:

:previous: sahi baat hain DK... maine bhi abhi tak root nahi kiya hain.. waiting for froyo to come to my incre asap..

Edited by Greatest

root is root

people using incredible never rooted becoz of complex rooting methods and now god knows whats stopping them

rooting has big big advantages

- loading custom roms , thats why i love android

- using wireless tether

- very soon google is blocking all pirated apps , so again if u wanna run those free cracked apps u will need to root

-

for users like us who need roms . roms and more playing with phone will love root

for people who believe in " why fix something which aint broke" , wont need root ever

now there are plenty who like us , so they will root

and there are plenty who dont wanna do anything on phone , so the wont root

different users , different using styles

plus u missed one very important point

shadowmite and team were the ones who warned

the warning was more particular for incredible than for evo

reason been there is full nand unlock been made , which will not work on new 2.2 official for incredible

Edited by Mufaddal

MTNL finally back up ! :)

yeh log hame darate (muffi/hetal) rahenge to hum darte rahenge kya???

UPDATE NOW and ENJOY... Root doesnt make much difference if you are general user... I have not rooted my Incredible till now...

and Shadowmite and team will eventually root it, so dont be afraid... ENJOY.... :Riendo:

aur aisa soch kar agar log Doctor ke pass jaana band kar denge to unki (Hetal/ Muffi) doctori kaise chalegi... they need guinea pigs like YOU/ME... :Contento:

Good one Dkaile ! What a motivation... You are promising better life after death... lolz...

Aur wese bhi I don't think doctors ko mere jese mareez chahiye... I think they hate the ones who always keep nagging untill they are fixed.. :P

And you are no way a guinea pig... only n00bs like me have the chance to be one ! :P

I think I'll go for Hetal n Muffy's suggestion and wait for a few days... Titanium Backup and Nandriod backups are something I dont wanna miss and they need rooting.

As for custom roms.. I used to flash custom ones on my Atom Exec almost every 2-3 weeks... so that is something I wanna do to Evo too (maybe once every 1-2 months now but still..) :)

Aur wese bhi I wanna play with it for a few days before transferring my number on it... so far I have tried lots of apps on it.. some worth mentioning are :

Swype (Beta)

Sign Lite - lets you dial by signing on the screen (you have to allot signs to the contacts)

Lookout - Phone locator (Even though I know that if sum1 steals your phone, the first thing he'll do is switch off and eventually re-flash it / change e$n etc... but still this thing has a chance that if you by mistake leave it sumwhere or if it is stolen and you realise it within a few minutes, then there is a chance that you get your phone back .. :)

ES file Explorer - This one doctors and patients cant live without .. :P

Edited by gaurangbhartia

@muffi/hetal - dara diya na tumne ek aur bande ko....

@muffi - just waited too long for easy method to root and now got so bored and realised what the hell... I will definitely root ASAP, i.e. as soon as I get this froyo update and fikar not... it too will be rooted soon...

Edited by dkaile

I agree with Mufaddal sir and Hetal sir!

Stock rom, you are stuck with what they have for you, custom roms you can choose between so many available.

I cant loose root at any cost.

10 Benefits of ROOTing

With ROOT you can rock the world

With ROOT you can Impress Kim Kardesian

With ROOT you can stop Nuclear war

With ROOT you can Pawn Terrorist

With ROOT you can control any Damn Gadget HEROS style

With ROOT you Screen can Stretch from 3.7 to 5 Inch

With ROOT you Battery can Extend to Hefty 30 Days

With ROOT you never need money on Prepaid Balance

With ROOT you are never billed for your SINS

With ROOT you can get EVDO with even Number working on it Magically

^^^LOL...

@ Dkaile ye sab tumhara kara dhara hai...lol..Ab sambhalo...

With ROOT you can Impress Kim Kardesian

HAAAAA HAAA HAA HAA HAA!!