Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rkburra

Any reviews for BSNL 3G Data Card?

very true said greatest.

for the past couple of months i have been travelling and as currently in mumbai..mahim area, i find bb+ is seriously pathetic.

Somehow, it is the norm for service providers to check the signal strength in your residence or near it, what i dont understand is how do they expect us to sit at one location with such kind of apendage to the laptop.

I am on this network for data for a couple of months if not less, and then switch over to bsnl...

^^^ Looks like Keralites are given more pref. than anyone else by BSNL in India..

Dude you have awesome speeds, and I have been following your pics about speedtests..

You are one lucky chap..

^^^ Looks like Keralites are given more pref. than anyone else by BSNL in India..

Dude you have awesome speeds, and I have been following your pics about speedtests..

You are one lucky chap..

Thanks!!!

But the speed is really fluctuating.. Getting good speed in early mornings..

This is the best speed for BSNL 3G in a small town @ Kerala ..

1092767106.png

Modem : Huvawei EC 1762

Bought from : http://unlockmdm.blogspot.com/

This modem is very robust. Has an external antenna port. The "Mobile Partner" s/w allows to make voice calls , SMS & MMS simultaneously.

^^ That is some awesome speeds you get.. Can you post a picture for the modem you are talking about (ec 1762)

In the blog the data is not shown proper..

^^ That is some awesome speeds you get.. Can you post a picture for the modem you are talking about (ec 1762)

In the blog the data is not shown proper..

EC 1762 Images :

post-70525-0-29037600-1293958805_thumb.j

post-70525-0-61732000-1293958845_thumb.j

post-70525-0-68760000-1293958868_thumb.j

^^^ cool... Anyhow, I have already bought the fastel modem and will use it with bsnl 3g.. Later on, ill post my speedtest results, and compete with u.. ;)

^^^

Waiting for the competition between Huawei and Fastel. :)

^^^

Waiting for the competition between Huawei and Fastel. :)

Here's the story about my fastel modem

1) Bought the modem on Nov 25th. It was working for 1 week.

2) After 1 week , When I connect modem , getting message as "No Service" , "Not Found" , "Limited Service" etc even I am just 500 mts away from the BSNL tower.

3) Complained @ fastel number , they asked me to courier back the modem. I did the same.

4) After so many follow-ups I got the modem last week. This time the gain of the modem seems to be very poor. I wont get singnals when I am inside my room , but getting signals in balcony ; that too , just 2 points signal.

5) Since I am in-need of a connection and this fastel is not suiting any purpose , I thought like buying this EC 1762 of Huvawei.

6) This robust model of EC 1762 giving me good signal where the fastel was failing with "No Service" signal.

The quality of the Fastel modem is very poor. They have built in very delicate plastic casing. Not sure how they are making them. Each of their pieces are different in nature seems. Anyway worst experience with Fastel !!

:previous:

The main problem apart from Signal and build-quality of the Fastel Modem is the SOFTWARE... It comes with very very POOR and immature SOFTWARE..

1) Even I have found 3 to 4 silly spelling mistakes too...

2) There is option for searching signals manually, but it is NOT AT ALL WORKING...

3) The s/w 50% doesn't recognizes the SIM at first launch.. If you reinsert, then it can identify the SIM..

4) The Statistics is also NOT working correctly...

But the price is good (Rs2100 incl courier).. Their time to delivery and condition of courier/package is good.. Thats why I didnt complain and also NOT recommend anybody here..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

The main problem apart from Signal and build-quality of the Fastel Modem is the SOFTWARE... It comes with very very POOR and immature SOFTWARE..

1) Even I have found 3 to 4 silly spelling mistakes too...

2) There is option for searching signals manually, but it is NOT AT ALL WORKING...

3) The s/w 50% doesn't recognizes the SIM at first launch.. If you reinsert, then it can identify the SIM..

4) The Statistics is also NOT working correctly...

But the price is good (Rs2100 incl courier).. Their time to delivery and condition of courier/package is good.. Thats why I didnt complain and also NOT recommend anybody here..

Correct !!! All the above issues are there with Fastel Modem. If you want to save money go for it. If you need good harware and trouble free operation, don't go with Fastel.

^^^ cool... Anyhow, I have already bought the fastel modem and will use it with bsnl 3g.. Later on, ill post my speedtest results, and compete with u.. ;)

:GirandoOjos: With my experience on fastel modem , I wont think that you will get a speed like this :

1094632065.png

^^^ I am planning to shift to Kerala now.. :)

Even I feel Kerala, in particular the capital district, Trivandrum, is well connected with comparitively better data speeds.

I am blessed with EVDO on my phone with TI, 3G with BSNL and alternatively on Docomo. Very much contented with the data transmission speed and coverage I am getting though would like to see a fall in tariff to go easy on pockets :)

Friends last month when i was in chennai , i was using this fastel modem and it was a WOW !!! experience there 350-400kBps transfer rate on idm i was getting , even a movie of 800MB from youtube got downloaded in just 25 minutes , fastel modem works well with gud 3G signals that i have experienced but same modem did'n worked in coimbatore :(

Well friends one thing i would like to ask is that i have experienced that in Amritsar BSNL speed is not crossing more than 1mbps which was last time 2-3 mbps..... I think BSNL 3G speed is going down day by day ...

Has anybody experienced bad speeds in bsnl 3G ???

Sometimes to feel like 1x of reliance is better than HSDPA :(

my bro has purchased one in AHmedabad. i used it on Thursday while i was there. i checked the speed on speedtest and found D/L 1.6Mbps and U/L 900Kbps.. then i started surfing and found it to be good no issues. i used for abt 2 hours. then again after abt an hour, i reconnected. i was unable to browse anything. so i disconnected nad reconnected, it was good then.

my bro is satisfied with it. he told me that he found little problem while on road travelling from home to his works which abt 40km away. as per him, it will sorted out soon.

when 3G was launched speed was great but now in Goa the speed is not so good it is reduced day by day, may be because of too many users.

when 3G was launched speed was great but now in Goa the speed is not so good it is reduced day by day, may be because of too many users.

yes. That's correct. I am not getting > 1 Mbps in Cochin city. This will be becuase of too many users.. All the speed test results which I have posted are from a small town , users will be very less compared to Cochin city.

I just searched the net and found out how to use bsnl 3g card with huwaei vodafone modem

Just search the net for software "TM_webConnect_2_05_0036_0_Setup.exe" download it and install it and you can use bsnl net on your vodafone huwaie data card I am using it right now