Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prashantsolanki

Internet Usage Calculation

I wld like to know how can I know how much Datatransfer I have used from my 1 GB limit in Freedom Plan

Pls let me know

Regards

Prashant Solanki

22439[/snapback]

you can calculate via website of relianceinfo.com there u have to login as customer with id & password you check your daily usage in MB

Yes and its good. whatever it shows to me is a bit more then what relaince charges so when du meter shows me 1000mb i m sure its less then it and i will not be charged for additional mb, but if u r looking for exact then atleast in my exp is doesnt show excat and also the diff runs in mbs like if du shows me 900mb i was charged for only around 750mb and i have observed this since 5 months that there is a diff

Dear R connect users, I am a new user of R connect freedom plan and I wish to share some information for you, I am using internet with R connect since two weeks and found something usefull to you. I have been using windows 2000 with service pack 4 and optimised patches from microsoft websites. as soon as I connected to the web, the dial up monitor in the task bar used to blink, I closed all the messenger services and even realplayer. still the monitor is blinking( data transfer is going on). So I tested the data transfer rate in the dialer and it's transffering data with a speed of 16-20 kbps. I really shocked. I am not using internet- didn't open a website- didn't login to messenger- windows auto update feature is off- still data transfer is going on. finally I thought there should be some virus in the system. I installed norton antivirus- upgraded from web- scanned all the hard disks-no virus found. So I thought norton can't detect some viruses. and I tried trend micro's House call online virus scan facility. and scanned again all my system. no use. still data teransfer is going on. then I decided to format the system and re install windows. just installed win2k and sp4 upgraded from net. again no use. the same data transfer is going on. so I tried windows XP with service pack2 and upgraded from net. now it's ok. If I am not using anything the LG RD 2030 is automatically diconnecting and as soon as I click a link it's connecting again.. now I am happy. beware of windows 2000 ( has bugs unlimited!!!) Dear R connect users, blank your Home page to save valuable MB!!!.

still the monitor is blinking( data transfer is going on).

when u r on a network .. there r minimal network packets broadcasted and received.. but that might not count to 15-20 Kilobytes per every second. It generally happens most when the system is connected to the network .. or gets disconnected. :)

Edited by swaroop

still the monitor is blinking( data transfer is going on).

when u r on a network .. there r minimal network packets broadcasted and received.. but that might not count to 15-20 Kilobytes per every second. It generally happens most when the system is connected to the network .. or gets disconnected. :)

35371[/snapback]

I am not on a network, the data transfer (session throughput) rate is monitored by the reliance R connect dialer wich was 15-20 kbps, I think microsoft is spying information!!!!

I opted for freedom plus plan on 1st of july with a new postpaid connection, the plan activated the next day, i am doing online stock trading so my net is always between 10am-3.30pm and apart from that i surf the net for atleast 3 hour more. The data usage at realiance site is quite less than what i calculate manually. I have got a data exchange limit of 1.5 gb (i.e. 50 mb per day) by till now i havnt used more than 28 mb average per day (accd. to bill site). No i want to migrate to freedon plus to freedom plan as it would be cheaper by rs 250 and would still be under my limit. But i am worried that even after applying for migration, if reliance fails to migrate or instead they migrate to default plan by some mistake (i read abt this mistake by reliance side in this forum). What should i do so that there is a seamless migration from freedom plus plan to simple freedom plan.

kindly let me know which software is most reliable and authentic in terms of monitoring of internet usage(data volume statistics) through r-connect. my handset is Lg rd5130 and i am using windows xp on my Acer TM4150 Notebook.

Thanks in advance,

Amitava

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hi Everybody,

You can use to monitor/calculate your data transfer over Magitime. It was best and i used from R-Connect service when started on RIM. Moreover this software helped several times while Reliance issue heavy discrepancy bills and able to fight with them. They also onetime provide such manipulated bill for while claiming details of data tranfer. We used this software while they charging 40 paise per minute time for defend to RIM for huge bills. But i changed everyone to Platinum plan. So no need such softwares now.

PS: All monitoring sofwares are slowdown your speed of net due to calculating process. That like put a watchman before the gate and check everyone allow to home. So your as your requirement.

Click here and Download Magitime

With warm regards,

I have used bandwidth monitor,NET Traffic Meter and many other traffic monitors-but believe it or not there traffic report do not match with your RConnect data report.Rconnect will charge according to there report.So what is the use of having such monitors.May be i have not used the monitor properly or configure it properly but tthat means those softwares arent user friendly.(By user friendly any Newbie can use the software easily.)

Hi All,

Iam under Freedom Plan.

I do not have any kind of software tocheck how much GB iam using.

I do check daily on Relianceinfo.com my unbilled usage of my mobile and unbilled usage of Data Plan.

My bill also reflects what Relianceinfo.com says.so, how muchever i download there is no problem.The website gets updated daily at midnight after 12.It reflects what i have used till yesterday.

I hope this will be usefull for you also.

Just login on relianceinfo.com, using Mylogin link.

In this you have unbilled usage,click on data you get the data downloaded till yesterday.

This is what will reflect in bill also.

i bought ZTE data card and have also registered on relianceinfo.com but when i visit my billing area it doesn't show any kind of usage under unbilled area. i tried calling customer care and they say they don't provide such kind of service. are they folling around with me or reliance no longer provide this service ?

reliace website shows your unbilled data usage only if you have freedom(1 gb)/freedom plus (1.5gb) plan, for rest of the plan they do not show any usage. I am a zte user with freedom plan and i get all details at reliance site.

Can't find the login link on the reliance site. Has its location been changed? It was in its place only yesterday.

login link is

bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/LoginServlet

but my unbilled data usage is not appearing on the site for last 3 days

reliace website shows your unbilled data usage only if you have freedom(1 gb)/freedom plus (1.5gb) plan, for rest of the plan they do not show any usage. I am a zte user with freedom plan and i get all details at reliance site.

i am under freedom plan but my billing control panel shows no data usage. when i call reliance customer service they say they don't offer such service !! ******s !!!

:angry: Someone had said on this forum that Reliance is going to soon discontinue usage monitor on its site for non-data card Freedom plan users after it discontinued this plan completely last October for them. Has it come true?

Those #$@!@$ :( They are charging me Rs. 2000 for using 1 GB extra last month because I was too late in checking my data usage from their site. The first GB costs only Rs. 650 and GBs thereafter cost three times as much! What thiefs! And now they even take out their usage monitor so it's the customer's responsibility to check it and Reliance can claim any arbitrary usage at these exorbitant rates. Grossly wrong business practice on the part of Reliance to remove support for their services midway.

By the way amitstg thanks for the link. Those idiots shifted/removed it from its earlier place and left me wandering like a blind man :)

:angry: Someone had said on this forum that Reliance is going to soon discontinue usage monitor on its site for non-data card Freedom plan users after it discontinued this plan completely last October for them. Has it come true?

Those #$@!@$ :( They are charging me Rs. 2000 for using 1 GB extra last month because I was too late in checking my data usage from their site. The first GB costs only Rs. 650 and GBs thereafter cost three times as much! What thiefs! And now they even take out their usage monitor so it's the customer's responsibility to check it and Reliance can claim any arbitrary usage at these exorbitant rates. Grossly wrong business practice on the part of Reliance to remove support for their services midway.

By the way amitstg thanks for the link. Those idiots shifted/removed it from its earlier place and left me wandering like a blind man :)

RELIANCE IS QUITE FAMOUS FOR SUCH MALPRACTICES--- MY SYMPATHIES WITH U