Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prashantsolanki

Internet Usage Calculation

Hello Everybody

i am using Rconnect since last 2 months on Mandrake 10.1 (fulltime) and Microsoft Windows XP / ME (occasionly)

My rconnect plan is Freedom, i am happy with Relience service and tarrif and even billing also,

but i can't successfuly keep up with the results of rconnect bandwidth usage against my calculated results.

so far :clap: (fortunatly) my calculated results exeeds Relience Rconnect calculated results,

for example my 1st month usage results in 900 mb something, Rconnect caculation results endded up as just 600 something MB,

and in last month, i used carefuly and highly suspected that i would surpass 1 GB bandwidth limitation.

but Rconnect showed that i used only 800 MB, :P

this mismatch in results is caused by DU Meter's ethernet usage calculation,

combining 3 operating system's results in one is tuff work.

is there any good universal method?

or is there any good software for calculating bandwidth other than DU Meter and Online eye pro (it is not working for me) for windows?

thanks in advance

for medu meter is best.

29681[/snapback]

I found Magitime after going through this very discussion. Its amazing, very simple and I'm totally totally satisfied with it. Amazingly accurate too.

Last month figures using DU meter 697 Mb billed and DUmeter shows 645 Mb tell me accuracy of other things... I think the only bandwidthit failed to measure for me was probably Y messenger...

Last month figures using DU meter 697 Mb billed and DUmeter shows 645 Mb tell me accuracy of other things... I think the only bandwidthit failed to measure for me was probably Y messenger...

29916[/snapback]

I still find Magitime to be very very useful, and totally free. The number of options it gives, and the detailed reports are something very convenient.

Hi guys, reliance has finally introduced a data transfer notification on its website.

So for all you freedom, freedom plus plan surfers, you can logon to 'mybill' section of Relianceinfo.com website, wherein you'll also get the data transfer details alongwith other billing info. But Iam not sure about the updation rate - whether its realtime/daily/whatever

I guess this will help us poor souls keep a check on our usage!

Thats a very good news for our Freedom plan members.

Finally Reliance has done a good job.

LAGE RAHO!!!

For me it shows 0MB, cool na i have used from then 800MBS. i think still they have not upadted exact detials for every users.

I had been noticing for the past many days that the 'unbilled usage' section was undergoing changes. For a while, they had a link for 'RConnect Unbilled Usage'. Then they removed it. Now they have put it separately - Voice and Data. However, my RConnect Usage date is five days old, and the usage is ZERO. Is this a flaw that could be exploited?

Memories of the prepaid FREE RConnect usage are still fresh. Is it now time for FWP/FWT users to enjoy the benefits of technical glitches during upgradation?

Dont go overboard while using it, or else the Negative Balance Effects will be brightly visible in ur "bills" this time! Dont forget that u r not using a prepaid cell, that u can throw it off...! :)

And dont rely on the stats provided by the site, they might jus not be updated real-time! Soon u might even see a disclaimer for this!

hey dont be happy seeing "0 MB".

Remember its "UNBILLED" usage.That wont increase unless one crosses the limit,ie 1GB for freedom and 1.5GB for freedom plus as far as i guess.

Can someone make sure of this????

Remember its "UNBILLED" usage.That wont increase unless one crosses the limit,ie 1GB for freedom and 1.5GB for freedom plus as far as i guess.

May be its true?

But then whats the use of this facility?

one can decide whether he should use more RConnect or not (If he is crossing the limit) after seeing his usage in this facility.

May be they r testing it or correcting it?

We can only WAIT-n-WATCH!

This notification service is only for freedom plan users. All other users will see 0mb. Freedom plan users should be able to see their transfers.

But I am not sure, also since its a new thing, it may take time to update and display proper data transfer figures. Lets hope this works.

If it does, I may go in for their freedom plan coz now atleast we can keep a check on the transfer

Its still 0 MB for me, even though I have used more than that. Date is also blank. Or does it start ticking only after the 1 GB limit is over ?

Dont know what these people are upto. Its been months since I shifted to the Freedom plan, and I still am unable to activate my ricmail.com ID. So the RConnect usage monitor might be just as (in)efficient!

I talked to chairmans office and what they told me is that i have a older version of sofware in my handsets. I use LG RD 2030 and the version with wich this works is f15 or soemthing. so i need to go to lg service center and get it upgraded. guys u check ur versions also, may be we all r facing the problem for that only....

There is no new s/w version than 15 for 2030 i believe! Once again, they came up wid a dumb answer!

Hello Everybody

RConnect Data Exchange feature works for me,

eventhough it may in infancy i am soooooooo happy that Rconect is geting transeparant,

in RConnect Data Exchange my usage as of yesterday was 312 mb.

and i must strongly correct one misunderstanding between some forum members on RConnect Data Exchange.

AFAIK RConnect Data Exchange feature is not intended to show you your usage after you cross your bandwidth limit,

it shows your exact usage of Rconect as of yesterday,

if anyone get 0 as the result, these may be reasons.

1 > you have plans other than Freedom / Freedom Plus,

2 > your must update your handset or Phone's Firmware,

3 > you have just started using rconnect (you didn't crossed even 1 day)

Edited by raghugs

Reliance has now mentioned it:

1. For all others, Unbilled Usage will be 0 MB.

2. Unbilled Usage is as of yesterday for your current billing cycle.

30229[/snapback]

Hello Vishal and Everbody else.

it seems for RConnect Data Exchange's unbilled usage count is updated when i logout and login again(if i have realy used above one MB within that).

or it is updated when i logout from Relience billing site and disconnect from internet and conect again and login again to Relience billing site,

i don't know exactly but when i checked my usage first time it was 312 MB but after some time i checked again my usage and this time it was 317 MB,

i want just to inform you that Relience is updating our usage more than once in a day,

30229[/snapback]

Hello Vishal and Everbody else.

it seems for RConnect Data Exchange's unbilled usage count is updated when i logout and login again(if i have realy used above one MB within that).

or it is updated when i logout from Relience billing site and disconnect from internet and conect again and login again to Relience billing site,

i don't know exactly but when i checked my usage first time it was 312 MB but after some time i checked again my usage and this time it was 317 MB,

i want just to inform you that Relience is updating our usage more than once in a day,

30235[/snapback]

I have been following the data shown on my "Unbilled Usage" area. Almost everyday, the layout changes. And yesterday, my usage was 500 MB. Today, its back to 0 !!!

When will Reliance utliize the money they have been paid. What sort of programmers are at work I wonder...?