Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Vodafone 3G Update

is anybody able to make video calls with vodafone 3g i tried calling but its not working on prepaid

And on my postpaid 3g is not being activated I simply get the sms that it will be activated within 72 hrs the CC is of no use as they give a TAT of 24 hrs whenever I call them

I sent 3 requests to Vodafone to activate 3G on my mobile Nokia E 61 (max speed of 384 kbps) when it never happened I called CC to find out why it was not activated I am told since ur mobile is of lower speed the trial shall not be activated and once they release 3G plans of Apr 10 they shall inform and I can activate by subscribing to it.It seems medu vada has classified mobiles into two category for activating trial.Trial is activated only if ur mobile is listed on the list of mobiles which can be activated on medu vada 3g

I sent 3 requests to Vodafone to activate 3G on my mobile Nokia E 61 (max speed of 384 kbps) when it never happened I called CC to find out why it was not activated I am told since ur mobile is of lower speed the trial shall not be activated and once they release 3G plans of Apr 10 they shall inform and I can activate by subscribing to it.It seems medu vada has classified mobiles into two category for activating trial.Trial is activated only if ur mobile is listed on the list of mobiles which can be activated on medu vada 3g

seems "Medu" VADA is behaving like "Millaha" VADA :rofl_200: (too much chilly)

Vodafone Essar officially introduced much awaited Tariff Plans for its 3G Mobile and Data Services.. To activate the 3G service on Vodafone Mobile subscribers need to send a SMS ACT 3G to 111. After the confirmation by subscriber 3G Data Plan “Pay As You Go” (10p/10KB) will be activated.

Vodafone 3G Tariff Plans :

Prepaid plans

3G Mobile Internet Pack (Mobile Phones Users)

Pack- - - - - -Free Data Usage- - - - - - - -Validity- - - - - -Activation SMS Code- - - - - -Deactivation SMS

Rs.102- - - - - - - -100 MB- - - - - - - - - - - - 30 Days- - - - - - ACT MI102 to 111- - - - - - - - - -Can MI102

Rs.376- - - - - - - -500 MB- - - - - - - - - - - - 30 Days- - - - - - ACT MI376 to 111- - - - - - -- -- -Can MI376

Rs.850- - - - - - - -3 GB- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 30 Days- - - - - - ACT MI850 to 111- - - - - - - - - -Can MI850

Rs.1250- - - - - - -5 GB- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 30 Days- - - - - - Act MI1250 to 111- - -- - -- - - - Can MI1250

Combo Plans (Voice, SMS and Data)

500- - - -500 MB+ 500 Local and STD Min + 500 SMS- - - - - 30 Days- - -Visit Vodafone Store or call 111/116

1000- - -1000 MB+ 1000 Local and STD Min + 1000 SMS- - 30 Days- - -Visit Vodafone Store or call 111/116

Mobile Broadband- Data Card Plans

650- - - -- - - -1 GB- - - -30 Day- - - - -- - - -Visit Vodafone Store or call 111

850- - - - - - --3 GB- - - -30 Day- - - - -- - - -Visit Vodafone Store or call 111

1250- - - - - --5 GB- - - -30 Day- - - - -- - - -Visit Vodafone Store or call 111

Advance Rental Data Card Plans

3250- - -1 GB per month up to 6 month- - - -6 months- - - Visit Vodafone Store or call 111/116

4250- - -3 GB per month up to 6 month- - - -6 months- - - Visit Vodafone Store or call 111 /116

6250- - - 5 GB per month up to 6 month- - - 6 months- - - Visit Vodafone Store or call 111 /116

Video Call Charges : Rs.3 per minute or 5p/sec

Beyond Free Usage Data Charges : 10p/10Kb

Courtesy : Telecom Talk, link here

:previous::Equivocado::Sorprendido::Contento:

at the end of it all, :Confuso:

and even after anything else is left behind, crying.gif

And the lastest thing, MNP.. :Chulo:

Combo Plan Rs 500 looks good..

Instead of paying Rs 376 for 500 MB... Here additional Rs 124 is getting 500 Local and STD Min + 500 SMS..

:previous:

Still costlier than BSNL's combo plans, where for Rs500 BSNL gives 1000-Voice minutes + 500MB 3G data + 500 SMS + 50 VIDEO CALL MINUTES...

Almost all private operators are charging 5p/sec (Rs3/min) for ALL Local/STD/Roaming video calls incl Docomo, AirHELL, Idea, Aircel, RGsm... But Vodafone is a little bit different here with Rs4/min for OUTGOING ROAMING VIDEO CALLS... Even Rs3/min was NOT ENOUGH for that BAKASURA stomach of GREEDY Vodafone...

Vodafone, Idea, Airtel in Pact for Pan-India 3G services

Telcos will use each other's networks via intra-circle roaming agreements

Source

bl14_3g_eps_693059f.jpg

In an undeclared roll-out of inter-dependency in the highly competitive telecom market, three major telecom players – Vodafone, Idea Cellular and Bharti Airtel – have entered into agreements to provide pan-India 3G services.

The three will now use each other's networks through intra-circle roaming arrangements where they do not have licences.

Airtel, Aircel and Reliance Communications each own 3G spectrum licence in 13 of the 22 telecom circles, while Vodafone, Idea and the Tatas each have licence in nine circles.

Except for Vodafone, two others, however, are unwilling to officially confirm the arrangements. In an e-mailed response to Business Line, Vodafone said that it "has entered into a bilateral roaming agreement with Idea and Airtel in circles where we have not built our own 3G network".

The communication further explained: "With this agreement, Vodafone / Airtel / Idea will bring a pan-India experience of 3G services to their customers."

TIE-UPS

While Aditya Birla-controlled Idea has entered into an intra-circle roaming arrangement with Vodafone for introducing 3G services in Delhi and Kolkata circles, Bharti Airtel will partner Idea in providing 3G services in Karnataka – primarily in Bangalore and Mysore. 3G services in these circles were launched earlier this month.

Vodafone, meanwhile, has started 3G services in Andhra Pradesh and Kerala through an agreement with Idea. Uttar Pradesh (West) is another circle where the company plans to introduce similar services through Bharti Airtel's network.

Similarly, Bharti Airtel has entered into intra-circle roaming agreements to share Idea's 3G network in Gujarat. Airtel launched 3G services in Gujarat since the midnight of June 29.

Ms Shaily Shah, IT analyst at Gartner, said: "more such tie-ups amongst operators are in pipeline in the coming days" since no Indian telecom operator has obtained pan-India 3G spectrum licences.

COMMITMENT CLAUSES

Although operators admit entering into agreements, they remain tight-lipped when it comes to sharing details, especially about commitment clauses regarding reserving a specific portion of spectrum. Moreover, pricing issues too remain undisclosed.

Industry sources point out that under no circumstances can there be a pricing flexibility in these arrangements. An operator in intra-circle roaming arrangements will always be dependent on the host operator's pricing strategy. There has to be parity in rates between the two companies.

Queries sent to Idea and Vodafone elicited no response on issues relating to commitments with host network and pricing strategy.

"Since each operator is dependent on another for network sharing, there is bound to be homogeneity in the market," Ms Shah said.

LOW-KEY

The intra-circle arrangement networks have been kept low-key. While companies say that they these launches are done "locally in the respective circles," industry sources differ.

"This sort of arrangement is relatively new in the Indian market. Perhaps operators want to be sure on the outcome before highlighting them," Ms Shah said.

Idea has launched 3G in Karnataka(Bangalore) using Airtel Network. Now what will Vodafone do? They don't have 3G spectrum here and i don't think both idea and Vodafone can run on Airtel network..

Looks like mostly there will not be 3G services from Vodafone in Bangalore :(

Vodafone's NEW 3G Tariff Plans...

The plans below are for Mumbai Circle...

To check for your circle, go to this link and select your circle from the top right corner >> http://www.vodafone....px?hc=5&cid=mum

Postpaid

34gocvm.png

Prepaid

al6jnp.png

looks like vodafone hasn't updated the plans for the chennai circle.

looks like vodafone hasn't updated the plans for the chennai circle.

Not even for Gujarat!!!

sent from Motorola Photon 4G

Not for karnataka

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

vodafone has reduced the tariffs for many circles like gujarat,karnataka,andhra,kerala but still no reduction in sight for chennai. wonder when they will do it. and a call to the customer care is met with a curt replay saying " we'll inform you when we change the tariffs".

Vodafone cuts 3G rates by up to 80%

Press Trust of India | Updated: June 19, 2012 19:05 IST

New Delhi:

Vodafone on Tuesday slashed 3G tariffs by up to 80 per cent, becoming the fourth telecom service provider to reduce rates after Bharti Airtel, Idea Celluar and Reliance communication.

Vodafone 3G plans now start from Rs. 25 for 25 MB data usage and go up to Rs. 1,599 for 12 GB data usage.

Under the pay-as-you-go for pre-paid customers, the rate has been cut by 80 per cent to 2 paise per 10kb.

With reduction in tariffs, Vodafone also announced there will be no additional charges for roaming on data usage.

"Additionally, Vodafone will now allow its customers to use data from their bundle package while on-net roaming across any location in India without any additional charge," a company statement said.

Last month, Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications had reduced tariffs for its third generation (3G) high-speed internet services. "With the introduction of these plans, we aim at establishing a foundation for providing a 3G data plan for everyone, making it affordable to the masses in the country," Vodafone India chief commercial officer Sanjoy Mukerji said in a statement.

The 3G tariff war is happening at a time when most of the operators are up in arms against the high reserve price of spectrum proposed by sectoral regulators Trai. The government is likely to take a decision on spectrum price in the Empowered group of ministers meeting on July 21.

The operators have warned that mobile bills could increase by up to 100 per cent in certain circles if the proposals are accepted.

According to industry experts, the price war in 3G tariffs may be an effort to cash huge investments made by telecom operators.

The government had received over Rs. 67,000 crore from the 3G auctions held in 2010. With operators taking huge loans to pay for the 3G licences, experts say operators are under pressure to recover the investment.

Source: http://www.ndtv.com/...up-to-80-306508

Edited by mgdelhi

Is the above revised plan for Mumbai Postpaid customer?