Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

^

personal choice; though I found neoprene to give better cushioning...

• Like 1

@dipanlahiri how you rooted the epic. i tried with oneclick and gave me error. after 4-5 tries, it worked but then phone started behaving abnormally and hanged. i had to reload DI18 and then again upgraded to EC05.

There has to be some other issue... I am rooted with cwm 2.5.5 on ec05

@dipanlahiri how you rooted the epic. i tried with oneclick and gave me error. after 4-5 tries, it worked but then phone started behaving abnormally and hanged. i had to reload DI18 and then again upgraded to EC05.

Mine was prerooted and CWM installed by Hetal bhai. Oneclick method should work. There is a very helpful video

WTF... rooted epic.. worked fine,.. then installed battery ico mod and phew... it asked me that phone should be rooted. i said ok an dthen phone never staerted. it was vibrating after every 2 mins or so... had to do Odin...

this usually happens when there is a kernel mismatch... maybe the selection is different from ur installed one

Having issues with gameloft games

Would be great it someone could help.

tried on dl18 and ec05, same issue from both roms.

Pic attached for better understanding

post-44393-0-16512800-1303236156_thumb.j

@Dj can you elaborate? i didnt get you...

Edited by csmart

@Sumit I was having issue for NFS shift it was saying out of memory bla bla error on Chicago level 2, went to Menu > Applications > Task Manager > RAM tab and cleared Level 2. Not sure if yours is same issue though.

@csmart did you select any mod or it just gave error after installing? I know you would have already made sure but just cross checking, was the correct ROM version selected when applying the mod? Note that mod application does not work for Stock EC05. For Stock EC05 if you want this you would have to flash the .zip file I posted through CWM.

If the error came just after installing without selecting any mod then you should report your issue in the XDA thread here.

precisely... it requires a deodexed kernel. thats the reason csmart is getting the error. for trial sake u may wanna download the pre rooted, deodexed ec05 from xda. odin it and then use this icon mod... it will work without any issues.

^

personal choice; though I found neoprene to give better cushioning...

The neoprene dkaile suggested is pretty good. Protects the phone well. Have also recently ordered a leather one.

apologies :sorry: :sorry: .. guys found the problem. some i selected improper battery mod. thanx everybody...

Edited by csmart

csmart no need to apologize bhai glad your problem got resolved.

Edited by dipanlahiri

Previously I was using Blackberry. and syncing/having backup of contacts and calender on outlook worked perfect.

but now I have Epic, searched net for hours... but all in vain.

How do I copy my contacts and calender entries from Outlook2010 to Epic's phonebook/calender?

Export all contacts to desktop from outlook in csv format, than import them to either gmail or copy them to sd card then import directly to epic.

Previously I was using Blackberry. and syncing/having backup of contacts and calender on outlook worked perfect.

but now I have Epic, searched net for hours... but all in vain.

How do I copy my contacts and calender entries from Outlook2010 to Epic's phonebook/calender?

thank you rajan bhai and rishi bhai :)

Export all contacts to desktop from outlook in csv format, than import them to either gmail or copy them to sd card then import directly to epic.

I am using Win 7 (32bit)

Windows unable to show SD card icon in the Explorer :(

When connecting USB cable, i pick "Mass Storage". but still cant see the icon in Explorer.

I tried uninstaling/installing drivers, then USB Debug mode On/off(tried both).. but still cant find the SD card icon to move CSV files.

Your phone must be diag mode.

Dial ##8778# and select pda.

I am using Win 7 (32bit)

Windows unable to show SD card icon in the Explorer :(

When connecting USB cable, i pick "Mass Storage". but still cant see the icon in Explorer.

I tried uninstaling/installing drivers, then USB Debug mode On/off(tried both).. but still cant find the SD card icon to move CSV files.

Voila!!

Thank you again rishi bhai :)

Epic directly does not import or support csv u need to have 3rd party app, instead follow my guide link posted by Rajan. Android can import vcf from folder u need to export that from outlook that's tricky and tough job.

Not tricky, but tough job... Yes :(

took like 3-4hrs lol to transfer contacts

first figuring out how to sync with outlook.. later i came to know that google hates microsoft.. how stupid of me.. it was the obvious which i cant see :P

then folowed ur advices.. and exported 600+contacts in vcf format.

then having issues in finding SD card in explorer.. so transfered all 600+ vcf files into a google account.

by that time followed rishi bhai's advice for PDA mode. and then transfered all vcf files into SD card.. then clicking all of them one by one and registering them.. LOL

guess thats how android started torevolutionize my life unlike others :D