Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

welcome aboard (EC05) Dhiraj.. finally you got it..

WHOEVER CHANGING TO MDN MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE PROPER NET PLAN...

please dont blame any member/forum for high bills after flashing MDN...

Just had stable Video Chat first time ever on my phone via QIK with Anupe Vincent and also absolutely stable Skype Call... First time I saw a use for the Epic's Front Facing Camera..

Now its truly turning into a BEAST....

EC05 for EPIC is Rocking Bugless Beast # 2.2.1 #Froyo

Edited by dkaile

Wow,Guys EC05 just ruined my dad's phone. It made the titanium backups to disappear and the USB was not at all getting connected,so me going back to EB13 once and for all.

Downloading the Epic experience ROM and will check it out. . :)

............... Put full MDN text dump (kindly be on appropriate data plan for mdn as username) and then did the OTA (notification for which I was getting since many days).......

I have 3 Queries here Please Clarify.....Pls Excuse my Ignorance....

1. I had followed the "Generic R world Password method" posted on our fourm to activate data back on my Epic just 1 week before

Now, How do I know whether i am using MDN as User name. Pls enlighten me here ( as in the Post you said to be cautious regarding the Apropraite Data Plan for MDN as username, for the EC05 to work with out rebooting, can I proceed with EC05 update.

2. Next I have asked the CC guys & they said I was on "Default - Data Plan" & "Default - Mobile Internet Plan"

i am confused with this point. should i be with default plan (or) any type of Data Plan (or) mobile Internet Plan i am really sick of thses plans, as i just came to know that there are two different plance that can ba active for data on our phones 1st one is for browsing on laptop using phone as modem & the next one is for browsing on Mobile.. which should i take

dont know waht to do !! - Can I proceed with EC05 Update.. i dont wish to have phone radio resets because of these data plans issues.. Pls :unsurehelp:

3. I have one click rooted my epic. so I shall Unroot by ODIN to Stoc DI18 again to get he EC05 update notification. BUT HOW TO I GO FOR mdn AS USERNAME for R world - data plane .. or what should i do prior to updating the, so as not to have radio resets.

Dheeraj Bhai...as you observed rightly, resets are is only because of data, I had also seen it when i updated to EB13 last month. but wast is clear for me..

Edited by satishdave

In Default data plan you will be charged arund 50 paise per minute, u will end up paying a very large amount.

Change your plan immediately to avoid that.

• Like 1

In Default data plan you will be charged arund 50 paise per minute, u will end up paying a very large amount.

Change your plan immediately to avoid that.

thanks for immdiate reply..

i will go with some data plan may be 199 plan

also did you understand my query in the ^^^ post above..pls reply

I think now we have just one issue with epic which the devs and our rim gurus must find a solution that is call conferencing I.e. 3 way call.

:( slipped this beast for not having this feature and settled down with former one, droid incredible.. but am pretty sure, that this can be achieved..

slightly OT : how to configure netconnect plan, i.e., using MDN as U/N & P/W..

@Everyone :

A bug that i noticed in the EB13/ EB05 (several ROMs) ... I've been on froyo for over a week now... Absolutely no complaints ... all of a sudden when I turned on the camera today it gave an error message :

Warning : Camera Fail.

This did not let me use either the camera or the video mode / alternate recording utilities. I identified this to be a software glitch because whenever i turned on a software like "barcode scanner" the camera worked fine. Tried to remove the mem card, formatted it (since some forum said it could be due to limited card space - I have a 32GB!).. Tried another mem card (some forum said use a class 6 card)...

The glitch is apparently caused by wireless location sensing that fails. So if you get the error ... go to settings (on the phone .. not the camera), go to location and security and turn off both the GPS options.

Now the cam is back to a rocking perfect mode!

Just a tip if someone else faces this issue.. PS : ROM's where I faced this issue are Bonsai ROM and Nebula.

I think now we have just one issue with epic which the devs and our rim gurus must find a solution that is call conferencing I.e. 3 way call.

:( slipped this beast for not having this feature and settled down with former one, droid incredible.. but am pretty sure, that this can be achieved..

slightly OT : how to configure netconnect plan, i.e., using MDN as U/N & P/W..

Follow this thread

http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/307-configuring-netconnect-data-plan-with-optional-evdo/page__pid__1316#entry1316

• Like 1

I saw your post and checked my camera and video, they're working fine. I didn't find this problem. I'm on stock rom.

@Everyone :

A bug that i noticed in the EB13/ EB05 (several ROMs) ... I've been on froyo for over a week now... Absolutely no complaints ... all of a sudden when I turned on the camera today it gave an error message :

Warning : Camera Fail.

This did not let me use either the camera or the video mode / alternate recording utilities. I identified this to be a software glitch because whenever i turned on a software like "barcode scanner" the camera worked fine. Tried to remove the mem card, formatted it (since some forum said it could be due to limited card space - I have a 32GB!).. Tried another mem card (some forum said use a class 6 card)...

The glitch is apparently caused by wireless location sensing that fails. So if you get the error ... go to settings (on the phone .. not the camera), go to location and security and turn off both the GPS options.

Now the cam is back to a rocking perfect mode!

Just a tip if someone else faces this issue.. PS : ROM's where I faced this issue are Bonsai ROM and Nebula.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

It seems to be an issue that's popping up intermittently for various users at different stages of their usage pattern :) (Its not just the Epic, all SGS devices seem to be facing this issue... to the extent where Samsung seems to be replacing devices too)

Eg :

http://www.samsunggalaxysforum.com/samsung-galaxy-s-how-to/camera-fail/

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-continuum/63934-camera-fail-error-contiu um.html

This site describes an alternate process : (not testetd by me though)

http://www.droidtips.info/samsung-2/howto-fix-camera-failed-error.html

http://www.samsunggalaxysforum.com/samsung-galaxy-s-how-to/camera-camcorder-and- music-player-issues/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8616992&postcount=472

:)

Thought I could help our members some research time (and most of the sites seem to have a solution though) except the 3rd link (and its a different option) :)

Cheers

karki

This is really bad. This is for sure with eb13 and not on/off issues, Samsung would not be the preferred device. I'm sure noone wants to be in a state of uncertainity as when would my phone give up on me. It was supposed to be that people get the phone and then not worry about it.

DAY 5: mine is going fine.

^

All fine and up and running 24 hours on; Zero resets; so that issue with EC05 is a thing of the past; No camera issues either (maybe they were limited to EB13)

Those wishing to configure MDN as username can follow post#685 as already laid out by doc_anurag. The attached pdf file on that link is quite detailed even for newbies. DO NOT under any circumstances flash to EC05 with Rworld username

Also before configuring MDN please ensure proper Netconnect data plan otherwise you will be charged on per minute basis; However if you want to taste Froyo immediately, you can flash EC05 after uploading MDN username text dump and Switch data OFF (this option is now available in default 2.2.1 rom, no need for quick settings type of program) till you get the proper plan activated...

Edited by dkaile

^

Those wishing to configure MDN as username can follow post#685 as already laid out by doc_anurag. The attached pdf file on that link is quite detailed even for newbies. DO NOT under any circumstances flash to EC05 with Rworld username

Also before configuring MDN please ensure proper Netconnect data plan otherwise you will be charged on per minute basis; However if you want to taste Froyo immediately, you can flash EC05 after uploading MDN username text dump and Switch data OFF (this option is now available in default 2.2.1 rom, no need for quick settings type of program) till you get the proper plan activated...

Am not sure about EC05 but i had faced the same reboot issues with rworld plan on EB13 also. The way i got around is by first flashing the complete data dump for mdn as username and password, then flashing a partial dump with the rworld plan username and password. This way i was able to use rworld without the reboots.

It seems to be an issue that's popping up intermittently for various users at different stages of their usage pattern :) (Its not just the Epic, all SGS devices seem to be facing this issue... to the extent where Samsung seems to be replacing devices too)

Eg :

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-continuum/63934-camera-fail-error-contiu um.html

http://www.samsunggalaxysforum.com/samsung-galaxy-s-how-to/camera-camcorder-and- music-player-issues/

Thought I could help our members some research time (and most of the sites seem to have a solution though) except the 3rd link (and its a different option) :)

Cheers

karki

i dont think these are the issues anybody has reported in this forum. EB13 was faulty and had some bug. i have used camera with location and even uploaded the captured pix on my facebook. no problem what so ever. i have done it on EC05 with stock ROM thru Wi-Fi.

i am also using Tango for video chat with my bro-in-law. though i dont recommend Tnago as quality is poor. but he is on iPhone 4g and no other video call app is working. Sjype does not show video chat (voice call working) option and Qik disconnect within 1 sec. may be prob because of difference in platform. no idea. I am using Tango for almost 3 months now..

^

As far as the feedback i got from a friend who had tried that solution on EC05, this did not succeed...

Eg :

Cheers

karki

i dont think these are the issues anybody has reported in this forum. EB13 was faulty and had some bug. i have used camera with location and even uploaded the captured pix on my facebook. no problem what so ever. i have done it on EC05 with stock ROM thru Wi-Fi.

i am also using Tango for video chat with my bro-in-law. though i dont recommend Tnago as quality is poor. but he is on iPhone 4g and no other video call app is working. Sjype does not show video chat (voice call working) option and Qik disconnect within 1 sec. may be prob because of difference in platform. no idea. I am using Tango for almost 3 months now..

use fring. video goes through. The quality was better on DI18 than EC05.

^

All fine and up and running 24 hours on; Zero resets; so that issue with EC05 is a thing of the past; No camera issues either (maybe they were limited to EB13)

thanks..No confusion now, now i can update for EC05.

Follow this thread

http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/307-configuring-netconnect-data-plan-with-optional-evdo/page__pid__1316#entry1316

thanks doc..

before doing that, just need to clarify, i had already done for "Generic Rworld Password for Data" and data started working flawlessly after that.. and before doing that i took the complete dump of NVItems.. now, do i need to write original NVItems before writing the Netconnect values or i can do it over RWorld one.. am a bit confused.. please guide.. :signthankspin:

^

no need to re-write nv dump or nam dump as you wont be playing with that now; just overwrite the rworld dump with this mdn dump (32 items without evdo and 36 with)

:previous: thank you so much dhiraj sir... 1x data started working.. now have to fight for evdo, as evdo is enable on my mdn from backend...

sent from my AnDRoid-6300 using tapatalk...

^

if evdo was already enabled on your handset it should not have gone off; try toggling data on/off few times and then evdo starts working; happens to me all the time...

:( data worked only for some 2-3 hours.. i switched off data @ around 12:30, and tried to switch it on again, but it failed.. in menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile network, it states "turning on" but fails..

^

if evdo was already enabled on your handset it should not have gone off; try toggling data on/off few times and then evdo starts working; happens to me all the time...

sir, i never got a chance to see evdo working on my incredible purchased from tarun sir.. although, evdo was working perfectly well earlier on my samsung mpower txt..

it seems there is some configuration issue.. please help in rectifying that..

Load your dump file again.

:( data worked only for some 2-3 hours.. i switched off data @ around 12:30, and tried to switch it on again, but it failed.. in menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile network, it states "turning on" but fails..

^

sir, i never got a chance to see evdo working on my incredible purchased from tarun sir.. although, evdo was working perfectly well earlier on my samsung mpower txt..

it seems there is some configuration issue.. please help in rectifying that..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk