Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Tapatalk working again..

Anupe Vincent :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

Was always working...

Sent from my Samsung EPIC 4G using Tapatalk

Trying Mystery's Emotionless Beast theme over Syndicate Frozen 1.1 ROM

Kinda different..... Only bug found is that chequered background in stock browser returned

:( data worked only for some 2-3 hours.. i switched off data @ around 12:30, and tried to switch it on again, but it failed.. in menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile network, it states "turning on" but fails..

^

if evdo was already enabled on your handset it should not have gone off; try toggling data on/off few times and then evdo starts working; happens to me all the time...

sir, i never got a chance to see evdo working on my incredible purchased from tarun sir.. although, evdo was working perfectly well earlier on my samsung mpower txt..

it seems there is some configuration issue.. please help in rectifying that..

Do you have your EVDO, login and password details. You will have to enter them while making the NV dump, or u will only have 1x

Thanks rishisuri.

I followed this procedure at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=963652. And its upgraded to EC05 smoothly. Had some hiccups with rooting, but its done now (link for rooting froyo on epic 4g http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770388)

The same procedure I have published go to di18 using odin than ota.

Hi,

My epic 4g is on dl17.. How can i update it to the latest. It seems, only the phones on di18 are getting the update. Kindly guide me.

Thanks

am in delhi

evdo is damn stable here

not once went to 1x

Rom: EC05

Username : MDN

post-18748-0-18568700-1301578453_thumb.p

Edited by dkaile

@dkaile have rooted? if yes, then did you face any problem? also how you did it.

rooting is straight fwd. download the clockwork mod rooting tool 2.5.5 from xda and just let it weave its magic. the process cant be any simpler. as for DK, he would urge me to burn EC05, but would never root !!!!

Some how rooting EC05 fails on my device. Which ever process I use.

Worked on mine Kalpak sir

rooting is straight fwd. download the clockwork mod rooting tool 2.5.5 from xda and just let it weave its magic. the process cant be any simpler. as for DK, he would urge me to burn EC05, but would never root !!!!

Had no issues rooting EC05 with CWM3 , only thing to remember is that once CWM3 completes FS conversion to EXT4

we need to immediately flash from revovery any of the latest ROMs which have kernels with EXT4 support.

I personally am on SRF 1.1 ROM themed with Emotionless Beast theme

Well, this is my personal experience - go for CWM3 only if you are sure , coz there are differing opinions on whether it is advisable to go for CWM3 on EC05

Edited by ananth001

Worked on mine Kalpak sir

Sir mat bolo. It sould work but not working for me. Interesting thing is when I try to root, on screen it shows some junk charecter and error next to it.

I formatted cache still rooting fails.

Android central has posted a new tar which lets u update to a pre rooted stock EC05 without losing data ( if you are already on Froyo), perfect for people like me who hate data restores after each flash.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/71389-odin-ec05-froyo-ec05-prerooted-cwm-v2-5-1-0-rfs-odexed.html

:NOTriste: I will be greatful if some one can solve my problem with FROYO

Irrespective of version or ROM I use, if its froyo, my phone incoming ringtone will silence if I have one missed call. In some ROM, clearing notification will bring back ring tone. In some ROM it will not ring itself. In EC05, incoming notification is never there. Please help. I see many people complaining so on other forums. Due to this reason I am not able to switch to FROYO for more than 2 hours.

Strangely so... I feel the same happening... thanks to my baby girl I have been keeping my phone on silent mode... but this morning it just didn't vibrate when a call came... it got me wndering and now reading this... ahhhh

:NOTriste: I will be greatful if some one can solve my problem with FROYO

Irrespective of version or ROM I use, if its froyo, my phone incoming ringtone will silence if I have one missed call. In some ROM, clearing notification will bring back ring tone. In some ROM it will not ring itself. In EC05, incoming notification is never there. Please help. I see many people complaining so on other forums. Due to this reason I am not able to switch to FROYO for more than 2 hours.

Strange i never had this issue on EB13 and just now tested on EC05 its working fine. How about trying to back up your SD card then do a reformat and reinstalling the rom after a complete wipe. This was the advice after EB13 for all such issues.

In froyo the call logs also shows all incoming and outgoing sms, this i find unnecessarily clutters up the log here is solution for that. Its tested by me and works fine on EB13 and EC 05

ALWAYS BACKUP your phone when making any changes!

**Deleting the logs of text messages doesn't actually delete the message,

only the log

1) Backup your text messages ( For safety only, it does not delete any messages)

2) Go into the Logs view and press menu->View by-> Sent Messages

3) Press menu->delete and Select all followed by pressing the Delete button.

4) Repeat step 2-3 for Recieved Messages.

5) Backup orginal LogsProvider and remove it (I used Sdx Stock App , its paid but can be found with google )

6) Mount /system/app as RW and copy this apk file LogsProvider.apk (I used Root Explorer, google it)

7) Turn the phone completely off and start it up again. ( Reboot immediately after copying the apk)

8) Try sending yourself a text message, or have someone text you and it shouldnt appear in the Logs.

9) In case you face force closes just restore the logprovider apk you had backed up and reboot.

Oh and dont forget to change the LogsProvider view back to All logs

Link to the original post on XDA http://forum.xda-dev...93&postcount=62

Things I did so far

Formatted SD

wiped before flash

wiped after flash

Default ring tones

Removed Quick settings.

ZIP flash

ODIN flash

Kernel flash

NO SD

Another SD

No root

with root

CWM 2.5

CWM3

RFS

EXT4

Stock ROM EB13, EC5

Bonsai ROM

couple of other ROMs

:confuse:

Am I missing something??

@kshah @Dj - No such issue at all with EC05 rom of phone going silent after having a missed call; Tum logo ne pata nahi kya kya phone ke sath kiya !!! I was on stock DI18 and took stock OTA to EC05, so no hanky panky here...

Probable causes-

- Non stock recovery

- Non stock roms

- Non default disk partitioning system

- Non stock radios

Edited by dkaile

Which rom r u on ?

Is your phone in working condition ?

Things I did so far

Formatted SD

wiped before flash

wiped after flash

Default ring tones

Removed Quick settings.

ZIP flash

ODIN flash

Kernel flash

NO SD

Another SD

No root

with root

CWM 2.5

CWM3

RFS

EXT4

Stock ROM EB13, EC5

Bonsai ROM

couple of other ROMs

:confuse:

Am I missing something??

flashed the Midnight 5.2 ROM today - pretty straight forward, no issues found. Till now I have tried the following ROM's

Bonsai 3 (EB13) and Bonsai 4 on EC05

ACS SRF 1.0.2 and SRF 1.1.0 (themed with Emotionless Beast) on EC05

Midnight 5.2 on EC05

CM 7 (Alpha 1) on EB13

haven't had any problems with any of these ROM's, though my favourite is SRF 1.1

I am waiting for stable miui

flashed the Midnight 5.2 ROM today - pretty straight forward, no issues found. Till now I have tried the following ROM's

Bonsai 3 (EB13) and Bonsai 4 on EC05

ACS SRF 1.0.2 and SRF 1.1.0 (themed with Emotionless Beast) on EC05

Midnight 5.2 on EC05

CM 7 (Alpha 1) on EB13

haven't had any problems with any of these ROM's, though my favourite is SRF 1.1

i also like SRF 1.1 amongst the current choices, waiting for viper rom's EC05 version though.

Edited by dantool

Midnight 5.2 is quite stable, thanks to Bonsai 4.0.1 kernel. Everything works, including wired tether

even I am also waiting for stable MIUI..its too gud......