Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

i have said before also root has a problem with epic, i tried rooting and have lost my epic twice thanx once got it repaired from the company , second is still lying dead with me, i'll say ec05 stock is excellent, stick with it , no problem at all.

rooted stock ftw :rockon::punk:

BTW when stock rom is flashed using Odin... does it overwrites Kernel and modem to stock as well?

Screen shot of last few tests...

rlyzie.png

This is the speed which i got on 1t day of EVDO activation.

Some of the speed are 300+, 500+ so I guess its EVDO and not 1X.

My main concern is signal strength im getting when Data is active.

My network strength goes to 0 everytime I connect to net.

PRL: 10005 (HSD)

1zyh9h1.png

Also tried with PRL 00005.. was more horrible.

Cant even receive calls with PRL v. 00005

When data is inactive I get like 3~4 bars of signal strength.

The only conclusion i can draw is that your nearest Reliance Tower is heavily overcrowded. Inherently the CDMA technology is designed as such that unlike GSM, the tower won't deny a connection but as more & more people jostle for the limited bandwidth available, it's going to die a slow death in terms of speed. Just try running the same speed test in very early morning hours say around 3-4 a.m at the same place. If you get good enough speed, all izz well.

Interestingly whenever i am in a very posh area of Mumbai like Napeansea Road, Pedder Road, Nariman Point, EVDO speeds are better even during peak hours compared to the aam aadmi areas. Understandable because very few of those guys driving BMW's & Mercs in those areas will be using a Reliance CDMA connection and towers are relatively free of congestion.

So try testing your EVDO speed in one such area of Delhi also..

This is my alternate practical logic which has turned out to be true over a long period of time.

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

yeah maybe.

I downloaded a 25mb video from youtube.

the speed ranged from 0 ~ 80~ 130 ~ 200 ~400 ~ 500 ~ 800 ~1000 ~ 1200 ~ 1400 kbps (max which i've seen)

Also tried it on torrents.. download speed ranged from 6Kbps ~ 130Kbps (kilo bytes)

So probably reliance network issue.

Any suggestion to improve signal strength?

Currently im on EF02 Modem, HSD 1005 PRL.

Low Signal bars is feature of epic. I have conducted few trials and has screen shots proving that epic shows evdo signal strength when data connection is ON but not getting time to post thread. So just don't worry about signal strength.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Oh okay. Thanks for the info.

My epic will be on sale shortly at a very attractive price; Original condition; Not a single scratch; buyer will feel as if he is getting brand new set with full box and all original accessories; meid is registered and evdo ON; will be throwing in new screen protectors and brand new leather case; expected time about 15 days;

original dock will also be sale along with this/separately

send me your best offers/ prebook for both by email - dhirajkaile@gmail.com

:previous:

Something special coming after a very long time. Handsets from Dhiraj ji, always hot seller.

Which one will be the next, an Evo3D or waiting for Galaxy S2 to be launched? Ok just checked the Evo3D thread, u have already booked one.

Edited by tarun_kabra

decided to move roms... now on supernova

I have also have experienced deterioration in signal bar when data connected on epic, but the speed of EVDO is not affected due to signal bar fluctuation. I am getting speed of around 120-150 KBps

The lost of signal bars when evdo is used has been there on epic since day 1

its not only with relaince but same thing happens on sprint network as well

its not that big of an issue anyways

Samsung Epic 4G Be Receiving Gingerbread This Month?

Read more: Could the Samsung Epic 4G Be Receiving Gingerbread This Month? - on Drippler Samsung Epic Updates http://drippler.com/samsung-epic-4g/could-the-samsung-epic-4g-be-receiving-gingerbread-this-month/#ixzz1RtMmNFTn

Drippler - Get in sync with your gadgets

Still more rumors hitting the net regarding the perpetually impending Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for Sprint’s Samsung Epic 4G. An apparent leak picked up by Sprintfeed has set the date of the update for some time this month. Pretty exciting news- if it’s true.

According to SprintFeed’s sources, the Gingerbread update will be rolling out to Sprint users by July 24 at the earliest. Again, this is something we need to take with a grain of salt- SprintFeed hasn’t been the most reliable news site as of late. A lot of their recent leaks and rumors have ended up falling flat, meaning either one of their sources is inaccurate, or they’re performing a lot of creative extrapolation and fabrication. Not sure which, but either way, be cautious about believing this one.

The Gingerbread release for the Epic 4G has been rife with delays, and this isn’t the first leak we’ve seen for the Samsung Epic 4G. In June, there was an apparent Gingerbread build leak; which was later discounted as not even being the right build for the Epic. No one’s really sure why the release has been delayed for so long, but the website Techwiz believes it to be a result of lengthy preparations in getting the release ready for the public.

The update had best arrive soon-with the Samsung Epic 2 said to be coming in just a few months’ time; the Epic’s days are most assuredly numbered.

Read more: Could the Samsung Epic 4G Be Receiving Gingerbread This Month? - on Drippler Samsung Epic Updates http://drippler.com/samsung-epic-4g/could-the-samsung-epic-4g-be-receiving-gingerbread-this-month/#ixzz1RtMvJtRp

Drippler - Get in sync with your gadgets

Most of the time when dat is on, any person trying to call me gets a msg that my pbhone is unreachable.

I guess that's because my phone is onnected to 1x instead of EVDO.

Is there a way to disable 1x and my phone connects only on EVDO?

I want it to be temporary because at times I go to places where reliance do not have EVDO.. so that time I connect thru 1x.

Is there a way to disable 1x and my phone connects only on EVDO?

There is a way of doing that.. Refer here > > http://forum.ppcgeek...tml#post2116841

But i have a sinking feeling that by keeping it on EVDO only, Voice & SMS may not work as both require 1x channels AFAIK. Still Try..

Thanks rajan bhai.

Yeah you were right.

With that method when I was on HDR mode, I got full signal strength and whooping 1.9MBps of speed.

But no calls :( even when data was off.

So now back to hybrid mode.

I have registered two new epics(mine & my colleague's) with reliance(including Evdo) through Genius bhai, because of the lack of time for him, he could not help me with the programming. So, I have to do myself. But I am kinda new & noob in this. So here I am requesting you guys for help. I have received complete details of registration details(Akey,HDR username & password) from Genius bhai on Friday. So, me & my colleague tried to transfer one of his present reliance number to his epic by hcc, first dialed *229 followed by pin no from old handset, received msg confirming that first step is successfully completed & then dialed *228 from epic when prompted entered the same pin no but it says "Your phone could not be activated". Went to Rwebworld they too don't have any clue. Is it phone problem or some thing else(like insufficient programming)?. Till now I have only rooted the phone, uploaded Reliance Evdo 100005.prl & try to change the MCC & SID values to 404 & 14655 respectively using cdma workshop, even though the changes are being written to the phone successfully, after the phone is restarted the MCC & SID fields are being shown empty, tried this few time but same result & no idea why it is happening. So, basically our two phones are not programmed at all. So, I request you to help me in programming our phones to be usable for atleast calling & msging purpose first. For Net connection, after some search I have got 2 links:( http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/307-configuring-netconnect-data-plan-with-optional-evdo/ ; ) is the programming explained in those links are enough if done to have both 1x & Evdo net connection in epic?

So suggest me the way forward.

Go to webworld. Ask them to check the status of your phone's RSN.

There is a way you can do it yourself thru sending a SMS.. to a number. I dont remember it now. but somebody in the forum will definitely tell you. it's really common.

If the status of your RSN in ok and empty/ready to be programmed... ask the web world guy to transfer your number manually thru their system.

The problem with foreign registered handset is when you transfer your number using HCC card, the RSN number is not updated in the Web World guy's system. So they get confused.. because in their system old phone's RNS is showed instead of new phone. At least this happened twice in my case.

After your phone number is transferred manually.. dial *228 and it will program your phone via OTAF.. your NAM1 settings will be injected in your phone.

Then You have to inject the AKEY manually using CDMA WS.

NOTE: AT THIS POINT TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR NAM1 SETTINGS.

Then upload PRL, and dump file having your MDN and HSD username and pswd.. and write it using CDMA WS

You are all set :) hope this helps you.

You can proceed accordingly, it is perfect.

I have registered two new epics(mine & my colleague's) with reliance(including Evdo) through Genius bhai, because of the lack of time for him, he could not help me with the programming. So, I have to do myself. But I am kinda new & noob in this. So here I am requesting you guys for help. I have received complete details of registration details(Akey,HDR username & password) from Genius bhai on Friday. So, me & my colleague tried to transfer one of his present reliance number to his epic by hcc, first dialed *229 followed by pin no from old handset, received msg confirming that first step is successfully completed & then dialed *228 from epic when prompted entered the same pin no but it says "Your phone could not be activated". Went to Rwebworld they too don't have any clue. Is it phone problem or some thing else(like insufficient programming)?. Till now I have only rooted the phone, uploaded Reliance Evdo 100005.prl & try to change the MCC & SID values to 404 & 14655 respectively using cdma workshop, even though the changes are being written to the phone successfully, after the phone is restarted the MCC & SID fields are being shown empty, tried this few time but same result & no idea why it is happening. So, basically our two phones are not programmed at all. So, I request you to help me in programming our phones to be usable for atleast calling & msging purpose first. For Net connection, after some search I have got 2 links:( http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/307-configuring-netconnect-data-plan-with-optional-evdo/ ; ) is the programming explained in those links are enough if done to have both 1x & Evdo net connection in epic?

So suggest me the way forward.

@M.S.Raju- kindly try two three time using HCC I am repeat two three time and transfer my number.

How to hide ip address and surf anonymously over evdo and wifi on epic?

There are ways to do it on computer thru proxies. Been using it to make free calls t my friend in US thru google. (Coz that service is not available in india, indian ip are blocked).

But how to get the same on android devices?

No its not that what I'm looking for.

I want to use a proxy which hides my original ip address and show any other bogus ip address. This way I could download free games and free movies which are only meant for country specific people.

For example tere was a paid pc game which was free for S customers as it supported adds.

but people who sont have US ip ddress cannot download it.

I used Hotspot sheild to download that game.

Also calling to any american phone thru google is free in US and only for US IP address. I used Hotspot sheild to mak calls frm India.

I was looking similar kind of app for android devices.

@abhi.r - are you looking for something like This

If yes, Also go through This and This, might solve your purpose.

In Samsung Fascinate, there is an advanced option in Wifi settings, to set proxy & port. I don't remind if there was any such option in Epic

Got a epic for myself! Any suggestions which ROM should I flasj? Dj bhai told me to flash the supernova on my dad's epic and it's really bad dunno why. . It is very slow. Any other suggestions?

I tried SFR 1.1 and 1.2.

And I ended up with a sponged phone.

You know about it ^^

So I'm back to stock rom and removed unnecessary bloatwares.

I like stock rom. Its clean neat and smooth. (Might not be smooth :P) but phone do not give unexpected surprises. :)