Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

EC05 Supernova really s**ks. Karki bhai is on ec05. ill try changing from rfs to ext4 n see how it goes! Cheers!

Samsung Epic's latest gingerbread 2.3.4 leak is live now (shared from Google+ Thanks Muffi for the link)

its latest one as of july 22

thanks to samfirmware

http://hotfile.com/dl/124888596/3935e47/D700EG22.rar.html

Sypernova flashed and running solid on 3 epics.

I am not able to mount usb only. It really lags a lot.

Wipe and reflash

Did so, i cant see the boot animation but just can hear the sound. Same issue as before.Now let's see if its same or not.

With evdo on and normal usage just like dk bhai mentioned. I get only 6 hrs of battery life :( on epic.

Stock rom: EC05

Modem: EF02

I definitely need 3vo, not coz of 3d or 1.2ghz dual core proessor.

But bcoz of monstrous battery life.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

There is something wrong with the battery. U need a new battery. That's by far the worst standby time I have heard on epic.

ok, I'll try full charging and discharging method and see how my phone behaves.

With wifi on I used to get 8 hrs backup.

And without data/wifi ... 12 hrs ++.

May be because I'm running too many widgets.

Edited by abhi.r

@dk bhai..

Draining the battery...

Drain the battery by all means possible? (3g/hotspot/max brightness/gps all on)

Or let it drain with normal usage?

Charging..

Charging with phone on with 3g or wifi?

Or Charge with phone switched off?

Edited by abhi.r

@abhi-r - remember this was not achieved when the phone was brand new. It requires proper reconditioning of battery. Full charge then full discharge cycles till the phone switches off itself, 3-4 times.

@abhi.r - It would have been better if you posted it in epic forum; I let it discharge fully just once and then fully charged it overnight with the phone switched off; Switched on next morning and then did just normal charging every night whatever the batter level. You can repeat it 2-3 times if you fell the need.

Thanks dk bhai.

Mods please move my posts to epic thread if possible.

<< Posts Moved >>

Last week, even I had some problem with battery, I thought it may be network related. Also thought of buying new battery. I was not getting more than 3 hours. Actually I had moved to stock EC05 from EF02.

Then I again flashes EF02 and battery was proper. I dont know if I did something wrong while loading stock ROM. I found EF02 faster compare to stock. there are few issues though like screen takes time to refresh after unlocking. but nothing major. I haven't rooted it.

Using this EF02...

Edited by csmart

I have registered two new epics(mine & my colleague's) with reliance(including Evdo) through Genius bhai, because of the lack of time for him, he could not help me with the programming. So, I have to do myself. But I am kinda new & noob in this. So here I am requesting you guys for help. I have received complete details of registration details(Akey,HDR username & password) from Genius bhai on Friday. So, me & my colleague tried to transfer one of his present reliance number to his epic by hcc, first dialed *229 followed by pin no from old handset, received msg confirming that first step is successfully completed & then dialed *228 from epic when prompted entered the same pin no but it says "Your phone could not be activated". Went to Rwebworld they too don't have any clue. Is it phone problem or some thing else(like insufficient programming)?. Till now I have only rooted the phone, uploaded Reliance Evdo 100005.prl & try to change the MCC & SID values to 404 & 14655 respectively using cdma workshop, even though the changes are being written to the phone successfully, after the phone is restarted the MCC & SID fields are being shown empty, tried this few time but same result & no idea why it is happening. So, basically our two phones are not programmed at all. So, I request you to help me in programming our phones to be usable for atleast calling & msging purpose first. For Net connection, after some search I have got 2 links:( http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/307-configuring-netconnect-data-plan-with-optional-evdo/ ; ) is the programming explained in those links are enough if done to have both 1x & Evdo net connection in epic?

So suggest me the way forward.

With reference above issue,we've put request in webworld for manually transferring a no to the epic on wednesday,they told us that no will be transferred within 24-48hrs,we waited till yesterday & consulted webworld about the status for which they suggested to try diailing *228 to activate the phone,tried dialing *228,but it says "your phone could not be activate".Until wednesday,it was showing "the RSN will work with any prepaid,postpaid & HCC" while sending getstat <meid> to 53738,but from wednesday evening(till now) it is showing "the RSN will not work with any prepaid,postpaid&HCC" if I send the getstat sms, although I will check it out with web world guy 2morrow what happened from his side, it would be good if i get some suggestions from gurus as what would be the fault as I want to be sure there is no problem from my side, do i need upload reliance prl after phone is activated as suggested by abhi.r in reply to my post here, but how can I dial *228 without uploading reliance prl.

Last week, even I had some problem with battery, I thought it may be network related. Also thought of buying new battery. I was not getting more than 3 hours. Actually I had moved to stock EC05 from EF02.

Then I again flashes EF02 and battery was proper. I dont know if I did something wrong while loading stock ROM. I found EF02 faster compare to stock. there are few issues though like screen takes time to refresh after unlocking. but nothing major. I haven't rooted it.

Using this EF02...

Using this rom since yesterday.

Battery seems to last longer than before.

I m getting like 16-18hrs backup. With normal usage and data on.

Edited by abhi.r

@st_7 - I think your *228 failed due to incorrect akey; u need to refeed your akey (contact ur seller) and then give re-activation request.

how to feed the a-key,when I put the a-key 26 decimal format & 16 character hex value & pESN in the respective spaces in the cave section of cdma workshop 2.7, it writes successfully but when after I check the values after the phone is automatically restared, the concerned spaces are showing empty again. I just don't know what is the reason for this, any thoughts on this

EDIT: Just got activated the no on the phone, but calls remain hardly 10 seconds, may be a-key problem, will try to inject akey again using cdma workshop

EDIT2: Seems to be Everything is ok now, call do not cut in 10 seconds. But in the phone Menu-Settings-About the phone-Status, the network still shows Sprint & MDN still shows some US number, they didn't change, how to change them to reflect the present number & network.

Edited by st_7

Anybody able to use google voice?

I tried but it said "failed to determine network integration" error.

Bought a neoprene pouch from a street side vendor for the Epic @ 20 bucks.

It's a shade better than the HK one, since it fits much better. The only thing missing is the android robot.

Hi Harshal, thanks got the pouch sorry was sick not in office so could not collect and update earlier, must say you were extremely helpful after the first got misplaced. Thanks, +.

Harshal bhai, mera pouch kahan hai? :(

Is there a way to restore home screen settings after flashing a rom?

Setting up google accounts and home screens and other apps is a pain after flashing new rom. And backup and restoring of apps and data both is not possible. Few apps always crashes

@abhi

It depends from which rom to which rom you are switching. If both uses same launcher, you can take back up and restore. Else no way

If you are using stock rom then follow this (assuming TB is used)

Take back up of twlauncher 2:3:3 and then in new rom after installation of all apps, restore only data of twlauncher. Then reboot. If u get too many FC wipe.

I m been using this trick since long successfully

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thanks kshah.

I'm on leaked EF 02

And I removed stock messaging app.

Installed GO SMS pro.

But I've stopped receiving any sms.

But I can send thru go sms pro.

Trying to restore app thru TB but unsuccessful.

System apps better be restored using root explorer than TB

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I need to create NV items for reliance EVDO on epic 4g, there used to be a link in mobile5 to create nv items for netconnect plans with optional EVDO, but now it seems to be removed, so can any one help me in creating nv items?

Guys, upgraded my epic to 2.3 and used this custom ROM http://randomking.romgeeks.com/development/randomrom-2-3/ . I am getting a good battery backup with wifi on. Also flashed EH06 modem with this. Phone feels awesome.