Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Oh sorry to bug u. please ignore my above post. With my few research on net, found out that 2.3 is recently launched and it will be too early to get an official update from manufacturers.

Thanks karki bro :)

:)

Epic Android 2.3 Gingerbread alpha release is available thro Cyanogenmod. its based on a recoded Eb13 radio.

the best yet .. though the Camera / GPS does not work as of now .

Still alpha .. just installed the ROM (and removed it coz Cam is kinda very important for me :))

cheers

karki

Also phone gets too hot while charging.

Edited by ananth001

To upgrade to EC05, shall we do it right from EB13 or to downgrade to DI18 ?

guys after that radio proramming i am facing too much network fluctuation and call drop problem. anyone else facing this prob or any solution for this... i m on stock di18

Edited by pulkitgupta3195

guys after that radio proramming i am facing too much network fluctuation and call drop problem. anyone else facing this prob or any solution for this... i m on stock di18

I think that radio parameters are for EB13 and that's why you may be facing problems. Flash EB13 or wait till tomorrow for EC05 ( The latest update) to be out and you can try flashing it.

I would beg to defer. This reprogramming works flawlessly with di18. It is just to restore first from factory state and then to reinstate your nam parameters. What radio you use, has almost no bearing.

EC05 released By Bonsai on xda get it soon.

I confirm that the programming is working flawlessly on stock di18 with 0 issues...

radio repgramming is a magic......go for it..its may be due to some other softwares

Wait for it to come on xda I would say

Today's EPIC OTA Update From Sprint is Coming bundled with Sprint ID... Fairly innocuous looking name for some cleverly disguised bloatware...

So consider whether you would be comfortable with that OR should wait for XDA..

Subtler Sprint ID arriving on Samsung's Epic 4G, Galaxy Tab http://reviews.cnet....9-10356022.html

What's Your Sprint ID http://support.sprin...vanity:sprintID

Cardinal rule I repeat... Wait for xda

i suppose this does it

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Remove_an_installed_Sprint_ID_Pack_from_your_phone/case-wh164052-20101005-123200?INTNAV=SU:DP:MVT

Today's EPIC OTA Update From Sprint is Coming bundled with Sprint ID... Fairly innocuous looking name for some cleverly disguised bloatware...

So consider whether you would be comfortable with that OR should wait for XDA..

Subtler Sprint ID arriving on Samsung's Epic 4G, Galaxy Tab http://reviews.cnet....9-10356022.html

What's Your Sprint ID http://support.sprin...vanity:sprintID

Cardinal rule I repeat... Wait for xda

There is already a EC05 Rom up from Bonsai v4.0, based on stock EC05 Rom, de-odexed, Check Here. More Info Here.

Though the links are removed from there but I got these two mirror links for the same on XDA:- Modem & Update, just upgrading my Epic, lets see.

Edited by tarun_kabra

OK Guys, updated to EC05-Bonsai v4.0 without any hassles.

First updated modem using ODIN than flashed Bonsai 4.0 using CWM 3.0

Best part of Bonsai Roms-no need to wipe/backup, it does all on its own and also restores the apps/call logs/msg/contacts/user accounts.

Phone updated with no hassles of reloading apps/restoring backups/syncing google.

post-24797-0-86134600-1300729887_thumb.p post-24797-0-37770500-1300729910_thumb.p

Edited by tarun_kabra
  • Like 1

that's good. What seems to be the highlight... do u notice anything beter of eb13

that's good. What seems to be the highlight... do u notice anything beter of eb13

Nothing special, there looks no major diff in normal usage from Truly Epic to Bonsai. Except a few diff in appearance e.g. % battery indicator.

OK Guys, updated to EC05-Bonsai v4.0 without any hassles.

First updated modem using ODIN than flashed Bonsai 4.0 using CWM 3.0

Best part of Bonsai Roms-no need to wipe/backup, it does all on its own and also restores the apps/call logs/msg/contacts/user accounts.

Phone updated with no hassles of reloading apps/restoring backups/syncing google.

All thanks to tarun, :signthankspin: I have Bonsai v4 on my Epic :Sorprendido: . For the few hours that I ran it, it worked like a charm.

And because I had the Bonsai v3, it was only a ten minute job to update it. I recommend it and its worth a try.

updated modem to EC05 via ODIN, also flashed Bonsai 4 ROM. Everything OK as of now.

Edited by ananth001

the radio resetting is back to haunt me again. dunno what to do???

^^^ Bhai, get back to eclair...