Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

@ Chirag

The link you posted opens a website of some electronic stuff manufacturer.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

acs ics rom is very good, and gives u better battery back up, but u have back up basic apps like file manager etc and have to reinstall again, other wise if u are happy with file managers like astro u are good to go with acs ics , looks very very cool,

varun u can install directly no need to revert to stock , u can just install using cmw, follow the instruction from qbking77 from youtube,

The ACS ICS ROM is no longer there, it has been superseded by Marcusant ROM.

@abhi thanx for informing. i've updated it with proper link. apologies. this is what happens when you copy paste and mutli task.

@digitalniravana Yes. it has been superdeded. but many people have issued and its laggy. read the users comment. not advisable till next version.

i've been using ACS ICS more than a month or so. i am very happy with it.

Thank you Chirag :)

+1 to you.

Hi All,

I have tried both Official CM7 RC0 and MIUI rooms which are MTD partition based. Apart from the fact that they look and feel awesome and have tons of customizable feature, i'd like to mention more important think ... 3g data (EVDO) doesn't seem to work on these roms. I have tried changing Mobile network option but I'm not able to use mobile data. 3g icon comes and goes every 30 secs or so.

So if anyone is thinking of trying out these roms, i'd advise they try to find solution to this problem beforehand.

Apart from that I'm extensively involved in testing OC/UV of various ROMS and KERNELS released on XDA and as per my experience RandomKings Thunderhawk 3.3 is best ext4 based rom while Toadlife's CleanGB rom is best RFS based rom.For kernel's i'd advise both samurai's and shadow kernels.

Dev

Epic Timezzz

Never heard of these rooms. Please post their link. Well try it out.

Those who are interested in MIUI ROM for Epic 4G, can now install it. as per review its like iOS and few people have problem with Camera, especially video recording.

Video for how to install. I think you need to be on Stock GB.

Small review:

I have uploaded ICS ACS ROM v5.5 for Epic. Whoever is interested can download it from here.

They have removed from xda and hence i've psoted here.

Thanks. Installed. ROM looks nice and clean.

Recently switched to Clean GB v1.3 with the latest shadow kernel ( v 1.3+) OC to1.2GHZ. Phone is running butter smooth and the battery life is absolutly amazing. After a whole day of use with 3g ,surfing ,call etc still had 45% percent battery left. Never before have gone a full day on my epic without recharge.

Will recommend the combination to any one who wants the stock experience with amazing battery life.

Recently switched to Clean GB v1.3 with the latest shadow kernel ( v 1.3+) OC to1.2GHZ. Phone is running butter smooth and the battery life is absolutly amazing. After a whole day of use with 3g ,surfing ,call etc still had 45% percent battery left. Never before have gone a full day on my epic without recharge.

Will recommend the combination to any one who wants the stock experience with amazing battery life.

Which apps you use for overclocking? Is it safe to overclock? I think battery life will be much better if the phone runs 1Ghz.

What does DSS settings in data programming window do?

##3282# > Edit > Others > DSS

Edited by abhi.r

Which apps you use for overclocking? Is it safe to overclock? I think battery life will be much better if the phone runs 1Ghz.

I use the voltage controll app. Been playing with OC only recently and feels1.2 makes it real smooth. Dont think mild overclocking will harm it, extreme OC to 1.4or even 1.5may cause damage.

Currently I am on ACS ICS v5. 5 with Shadow kernel.

Whenever I overclock and undervolt using Voltage Control my phone restarts.

Only overclocking is fine, but undervolt makes the phone to restart.

^^^ can you explain how to do it? i tried it but could only overclock the CPU. I couldn't change the volt.

thanx in advance

Open Voltage Control > Switch to Voltage Tab> Select the frequency > Move the slider to undervolt.

You can select different voltage settings for different frequencies.

Then save changes. Hope your phone don't restart like my phone do.

I'm on ACS ICS v5. 5 with Shadow kernel 1.0.0.6 iirc

Installing too many apps drain battery? My phone drains 20% battery ever 1.5hrs minimum use with EVDO on.

Edited by abhi.r

That performance was without any overclocking or any undervolt. You

:(

The post was towards your query of undervolting not working, certain ROMs work better with setCPU than voltage control.

That performance was without any overclocking or any undervolt. You

Try calibrating the battery please.

Then do not undervolt, it damages the circuit.

as far as my knowledge allows me, undervolting never damages the circuit but only alter the behavior of the output, even the same case with overclocking but becoz of the heat produced by extra voltage, the circuit gets into "thermal runaway conditions" ,so dont worry, undervolting will not get onto ur nerves, if u are ranging the voltage insanely from the specified it will get into random reebots, "but if it is your bad/worst day, cpu will go mad, so never try to do undervolting too much"

abhi.r

if u want save some battery , using titanium pro, uninstal wimax things , i am getting almost a 30min increase in battery after i did, becoz ur mobile will keep on looking for wimax signals at regular intervals even though u didnt turn it on,thats kind of drain the battery,

Edited by shadow

^^ nice thread ,, but "phone exploding" because of overclocking is a myth though :pleasantry:

When in college my friend tried to overclock his pentium4 machine to the extreme... Smoke is what I saw and burned marks near the processor in the motherboard. Lol

Tho there were 3 cpu fans including water Cooling system using jugaad tech.. and 2 guys with table fans and a fire extinguisher borrowed from our hostel. We too expected for some explosions :D but nothing as such happened.

Regarding battery life... Removed Advanced task killer app, and now phone is giving good backup...

10% with EVDO on (no browsing tho, only timely sync) and too much calling in 2.5 hrs.

Flashed back my rooted Epic 4G to Stock EC05, (ota) upgraded to EI22 and then again (ota) upgraded to EL03. :Sorprendido:

Edited by venbab

that ota will not bring any major changes, it only removes CIQ and some small visual changes , if u are rooted and already on a no ciq rom, then no need to update