Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Mobile Number Portability service from November 25

Very nice to hear this Kesav ji... May be Obama's visit to India also a reason for this super fast security clearance..

Then when will we south and east zone people can expect MNP in our circles???

In call details sections.

Previously i was able to see 4 digit LRN code only for calls made to tata numbers.

From today i can see 4 digit code attached to every number i dial(execpt landline)

So i must say TTSL system is fully impleted and ready for MNP.

Edited by me_saket

Previously i was able to see 4 digit LMP code only for calls made to tata numbers.

From today i can see 4 digit code attached to every number i dial(execpt landline)

What is LMP Code ? can you explain it.

Previously i was able to see 4 digit LMP code only for calls made to tata numbers.

by mistake i typed it as LMP, it's

LRN = Location routing number.

details are here

Any updates available on implementation and readiness of operators.

Or may be operators thinking of how to delay further instead of preparing for the implemenation :angry:

:previous:

They've already started my dear friend.

Current howls and cries by opposition asking Raja to resign over 2G Scam is basically funded by GSM biggies.

GSM biggies are of the opinion that they can postpone MNP by an year or so if Raja leaves office.

2G scam is a figment of imagination.

I would have felt existence of meaningful opposition parties in India,if they've asked for Raja's regisnation based on the poor performance of BSNL or Delaying MNP for more than a year. These are the real issues(with 100% evidence) which affect the common man.

I'm more than 100% convinced that oppostion will never take those pro-consumer issues because then they'll never get money to run their parties.

Edited by kesav

Last Menstrual Period

@tanveer

Now the child is going to be delivered on 25th November. No menstrual period in the last leg of pregnancy!! LOL!!

Current howls and cries by opposition asking Raja to resign over 2G Scam is basically funded by GSM biggies.

GSM biggies are of the opinion that they can postpone MNP by an year or so if Raja leaves office.

2G scam is a figment of imagination.

I would have felt existence of meaningful opposition parties in India,if they've asked for Raja's regisnation based on the poor performance of BSNL or Delaying MNP for more than a year. These are the real issues(with 100% evidence) which affect the common man.

I'm more than 100% convinced that oppostion will never take those pro-consumer issues because then they'll never get money to run their parties.

If MNP is implemented, I will be happy.. But if R@ja was thrown away in the process for postponing the MNP, I WILL BE DOUBLE-HAPPY.. Bcoz, I am MORE eagerly waiting for throwing away of R@ja from Ministry than that of MNP..

Though I guess, the reverse may happen.. He may bring MNP in hope to get small good name from people or atleast to divert Media for sometime from 2G Scam..

But friends, Mark my words... Even if PM, S0nia, Raghu1, all MPs, SupremeCourt, etc beat our great telecom minister with old-ch@ppals dipped on dilute-cow-dung and kick him in bu+ts, he will never move even one mm from his seat.. Because he is the great R_A_J_A---> R for R@scal, A for Arr0gant, J for J0ker, again A for Ar$e-h0le...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Dear Friend, I agree to everything in your post in spirit(although I'm not in favour of certain words you've used) except for the word "2G scam".

IMHO, 2G scam is just a story scripted & financed by cartel(read as GSM hooligans), played by opposition and staged by media.

All the talks in the media about 2G scam is just rubbish and certainly doesn't have any substance.

Raja is an inefficient minister but certainly doesn't have courage or intelligence to execute a scam.

IMHO, 2G scam is just a story scripted & financed by cartel(read as GSM hooligans), played by opposition and staged by media.

All the talks in the media about 2G scam is just rubbish and certainly doesn't have any substance.

Do we then conclude that the Supreme Court of India's strictures against Mr. Raja's continuation in office, Comptroller and Auditor General of India's massive audit report pointing out huge irregularities, blatant violations, Former Telecom Secretary's revelations, Mr. Raja flouting every advice from PM's Office, DOT Eligibility Criteria, TRAI Reccomedations are all part of this story scripted by this GSM Cartel, Opposition and Media?

Can two of the most independent constitutional authorities in India, Supreme Court and Comptroller and Auditor General be influenced by GSM Operators, Opposition and Media? God save India then!!

Supreme Court is hearing the matter and it's not complete.

Let us not talk about it till the judgement.

CAG is an auditing agency and it has done its duty of finding the avenues where revenue to the Govt. could have been maximized. Anybody on the finance side would have given the similar report.

It's not in CAG's purview to say whether if a department has taken that route for maximizing revenue will result in any adverse effect on citizens.

CAG submitting report is just only one half of the process(pertaining to revenue side).

Now it has to be reviewed (again pertaining to revenue) by PAC(Public Accounts Commitee) which will then be tabled in parliament which will debate those avenues' merits wrt to sociological impact.

Process gets completed only then.

In the past CAG has submitted several such reports on many ministries, no minister ever has resigned over such report.

Edited by kesav

Previously i was able to see 4 digit LRN code only for calls made to tata numbers.

I too see LRN code to every number I dial......

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am not getting any LRN code for any operator dialed to any operator.

Is this means AP not yet ready for implementation :NOTriste:

Are you TATA Indicom/TATA Docomo prepaid customer?

TTSL/TTML lists last 10 outgoing calls made by prepaid subscriber in the subscriber's online 'my account'.

You can see the LRN only there.....

Edited by kesav

Are you TATA Indicom/TATA Docomo prepaid customer?

TTSL/TTML lists last 10 outgoing calls made by prepaid subscriber in the subscriber's online 'my account'.

You can see the LRN only there.....

I am not able to see any LRN numbers in online account. I am from Pune.

^ I am also not getting LRN in "My Account" for DOCOMO number.

@kesav could you post a screenshot?

Telecom minister Raja has resigned.

How does it effect the implemenation of MNP.Will it be delayed further ?

I wanted to initiate a new thread on this, but already there have been two long threads on MNP, so I refrained myself....

I want to ask everybody, post-MNP which operator to switch to?

Everybody please suggest which is the best operator vis-a-vis voice-tariff/data/VAS/network/clarity/GSM<->CDMA/Postpaid<->Prepaid ??

If you want to make it useful for other forum members then I suggest you to start a poll circle-wise may be starting with your circle WB.

As for as tariff is concerned, now almost all operators have uniform tariff across circles.

But network performance, network coverage, billing, customer care differs from circle to circle for the same operator.

So I feel having a pan-India poll or thread for preferred operator is not desirable.

Edited by kesav

If you want to make it useful for other forum members then I suggest you to start a poll circle-wise may be starting with your circle WB.

As for as tariff is concerned, now almost all operators have uniform tariff across circles.

But network performance, network coverage, billing, customer care differs from circle to circle for the same operator.

So I feel having a pan-India poll or thread for preferred operator is not desirable.

Good suggestion, my dear Kesav.

But how many active/ regular Rimwebians reside in West Bengal, I think at the most 3 or 4. There may be other members from WB circle, but they don't visit the forum regularly.

This is why I approached all the members.

Yes, as the tariff is almost similar, the deciding factors will be Network quality/VAS/Billing/CC etc.

Also GSM/CDMA or Post-paid/Pre-paid factors are also very much important.

So, isn't it proper to ask all the Rimwebians on this? Please reply.

Asking all rimwebians is fine but if someone says "I prefer RCOM CDMA for X & Y reasons" without mentioning his circle then it becomes not an useful information.

That's why I suggested circle-wise polling even if for some circles only 3/4 polls getting casted.

If you use a common thread then it will become too clumsy even if each poster mentions his circle along with preference. Reader may not get any overview of the poll since to identify Rimwebians' preferred operator he has to filter the posts based on his circle and count the votes manually.

Edited by kesav

^ I am also not getting LRN in "My Account" for DOCOMO number.

@kesav could you post a screenshot?

Hope me_saket's screen-shot is sufficient?

As expected and higlighted, GSM biggies want MNP implementation to be postponed to January 20 next year

Mobile service providers want the DoT to extend the date for mobile number portability (MNP) to be extended to January 20 next year.

Some of the GSM operators have expressed inability to meet the November 25 deadline set by DoT.

source :: http://telecomtiger.com/PolicyNRegulation_fullstory.aspx?storyid=10255&section=S174

Anyway for GSM biggies, half of their task is completed after the removal of Raja.

Now, they're freely suggesting their own timelines which they never have intetion to adhere.

Hope Kabil Sipal has mental strength to force the operators to toe the line and stick to Nov 25.

Edited by kesav