Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rakeshgoyal

Advice needed for using Palm Pixi Plus

Hi everyone.. I am new to this forum and before I start I take this opportunity to thank everyone (in advance) who will be reading my posts and commenting on it. I have recently bought a brand new Palm Pixi Plus for my Reliance CDMA. Now, I am facing the following problems for which I need some advice:

1) The voice clarity somehow doesn't amuse me. The other person can hear me clearly but the speaker in my handset gives me the feeling as if there is some kind of disturbance in the voice.

2) I am not being able to create a palm profile because of which I am not being able to download any applications in my handset. Can someone please help me by telling me from where can I download applications for my phone.

3) The bluetooth device in my phone somehow doesn't detect any bluetooth enabled devices like any other phones, laptops, etc. And even if it does, it only limits to pairing it one time after which it doesn't connect with the paired device. All it says is that it is searching for audio devices whenever I switch on the bluetooth. While browsing the help section it said that select the type of device you want to pair with your phone for e.g. keyboard, phone or audio device, but somehow that option is not available on my phone. By default it keeps searching for only the audio devices.

4) I am not being able to transfer any music or photos in my phone. I have already downloaded the Palm Desktop software but even that doesn't seem to help.

Last but not the least, I have the Web OS software 1.4.5 installed in my phone.

Thanks once again for giving it a patient reading and all the replies will be appreciated.

hi

good that you bought this lovely handset. i am having this and i love more than anything.

1. voice quality is good no disturbance or anything.

2. you have to follow steps provided by hitesh in topic ( upgrade to plam web os 1.4.5 ). just search forum you will find it. you have to install and change your meid thats all.

link is here

3. i try to paired device with my laptop and car bluetooth and i dont have any problem.

4. you dont need palm desktop software to download music and photos just attached ur pixi to pc. screen will pop in your mobile and just select mass storage thats all you can view your mobile as removale media onn your pc.

1) This is an issue with the speaker. I had the same problem. I had to change my ear piece, which was around 500/-. Go to any mobile service center and they will do it for u.

2) Download WebOsQuickInstall to ur PC. You can download and install apps from ur PC to phone using this software

3) My pixi plus takes some time to detect other devices. But once detected, don't have any issues faced by u.

4) I think u can copy files directly to ur phone by connecting as USB drive.

Check if all required drivers are present in ur pc

i blv we dont have option to transfer data through bluetooth in this device.

Bluetooth can only be used to pair audio devices & car kit, etc.

yes i also cant transfer files from other handset. but i can transfer files from my laptop (through blue tooth) i dont know whats issue.

bluetooth obex not supported in palm web os till date.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

4. you dont need palm desktop software to download music and photos just attached ur pixi to pc. screen will pop in your mobile and just select mass storage thats all you can view your mobile as removale media onn your pc.

Hi, Activated my Pixi today only.

When I connect it to my desktop using USB cable, no options pop up on the handset so that I can select USB drive mode.

I googled and found that pressing Options+Sym+U brings up the options, but even then nothing happened. The data cable seems to be working alright because the PC detects the hardware.

My Pixi has webos 1.4.x.

Pl help.

Hi, Activated my Pixi today only.

When I connect it to my desktop using USB cable, no options pop up on the handset so that I can select USB drive mode.

I googled and found that pressing Options+Sym+U brings up the options, but even then nothing happened. The data cable seems to be working alright because the PC detects the hardware.

My Pixi has webos 1.4.x.

Pl help.

I am also having the same problem - my Palm Pixi Plus when connected thru USB cable to PC -> no response :(

Gurus pls. guide ASAP - I have to transfer bulk contact details (in the PC's Palm Desktop) to my new Palm Pixi Plus.

Thanks in advance.

I am also having the same problem - my Palm Pixi Plus when connected thru USB cable to PC -> no response :(

Gurus pls. guide ASAP - I have to transfer bulk contact details (in the PC's Palm Desktop) to my new Palm Pixi Plus.

Thanks in advance.

:signthankspin: Deep_kumar :- I assume you are not getting the options of Just Charge or USB drive.... If that' the case then open you dialer and punch ##usbpass# i.e ##8727277# it will open a new card. You will see DIAG in the second option. Just change it to NONE. and you are good to go.

:signthankspin:

• Like 1

Any good software available to Transfer Contacts from PalmOS (Palm Treo 755p) to webOS (Palm Pixi Plus)? Pls. provide a Link or attach here pls. (Tried softwares suggested by Palm official sites and not able to get thru :'(

^^ Can u tried ur contacts to sync with microsoft outlook after sync with outlook convert it to csv format and upload ur contacts to gmail.

And After upload it to gmail sync with webOS pixi plus.

^^ Can u tried ur contacts to sync with microsoft outlook after sync with outlook convert it to csv format and upload ur contacts to gmail.

And After upload it to gmail sync with webOS pixi plus.

GMail Sync worked well- thanks :)

How to connect Pixi Plus to PC, is there any Palm Desktop software which can be used? I read that Pixi/Pre use WebOS so Palm Desktop cannot be used and a third party paid software called companionlink has to be used. Please advise.

I have used companion link as well as the missing sync - but is not that good i had the old version though - instead use gmail contact sync

BTW what do you mean by connect - if its for flashing or downloading then there are methods - do u want them?

if its for sync go for gmail

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

Vinay ji thanks, yes looking to know about installing ROMs, programs etc, have already backed up contacts to GMail so should be able to sync from there. Found these two softwares - WebOS Quick Install and Webos Doctor, what exactly do they do and how to use them?

PS I found the pixi plus diag drivers from Hitesh's post (http://www.ziddu.com/download/11018617/PrePixiCentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar.html), are there any other drivers needed? Confused because there should be a USB driver package also in addition to the diag drivers but could not find.

Vinay ji thanks, yes looking to know about installing ROMs, programs etc, have already backed up contacts to GMail so should be able to sync from there. Found these two softwares - WebOS Quick Install and Webos Doctor, what exactly do they do and how to use them?

PS I found the pixi plus diag drivers from Hitesh's post (http://www.ziddu.com/download/11018617/PrePixiCentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar.html), are there any other drivers needed? Confused because there should be a USB driver package also in addition to the diag drivers but could not find.

webOS doctor will help you to install ROMs.

webOS quickinstall is used for installing applications and patches. You have to be in developer mode for using this application.

The drivers which you downloaded from Hitesh's post are diag drivers. When you connect your phone to pc it will automatically download everything. You will be notified to either choose usb mode or just charge. For transferring photos, music etc. you have to select usb mode.

Edited by arjags
  • Like 1

i am using a prepaid service from reliance on palm pixi

after activation it still shows verizon wireless service on left side of screen .

all my top up amounts are vanished in no time.does 1x gets activated as soon as i switch on the phone and if yes how to stop it

again i would like know more about external apps i can load on my phone via pc, for which what is the procedure and what are the stuffs and other software i should load on my phone please elaborate on this topic i can handle it.

i will be very grateful if you guys can please help me with queries.

The VZW is the banner name, for guide to change banner name see

For some apps and games see http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/23018-3d-games-and-cracked-apps-on-palm-pre/page__view__findpost__p__228095

all my top up amounts are vanished in no time.does 1x gets activated as soon as i switch on the phone and if yes how to stop it

By default for 1X you will have time based data plan. It will charge you 0.50 Rs/min. In Preferences, keep your data usage off when you are not using.

Edited by arjags

ajiraj thanks, but still i dunno how to deactivate the data service and where can i find preferences on my palm pixi.

ajiraj thanks, but still i dunno how to deactivate the data service and where can i find preferences on my palm pixi.

Open the phone dialer.. On top left corner of screen, tap on your carrier's name. A drop down menu will appear, from which tap on preferences.

Alternatively, you can install utility application Data toggle from Preware.. However, I havent used it.

Edited by arjags

profile creation is done by using the first use app on pixi plus. ensure ur in wifi when u do so

Thanks in advance.

:signthankspin: Deep_kumar :- I assume you are not getting the options of Just Charge or USB drive.... If that' the case then open you dialer and punch ##usbpass# i.e ##8727277# it will open a new card. You will see DIAG in the second option. Just change it to NONE. and you are good to go.

Hi,

I am also not getting the options of Just Charge or USB drive after connecting Pixi Plus via USB cable to PC.I am getting message "please enter diag authorization code" after punching ##usbpass#. :confuse: Mine handset is WebOs 1.4.0(Verizon).

Can anybody tell me this code?

Aalok u need to come out of diag mode go get that option, go to USB pass and disable usb1 as diag port n it will come

• Like 1