Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

Update is anyways a download and airtel doesn't sell carrier locked phones. I believe that the updates would be charged at the rate of normal data charges or as per the plan subscribed

I think 100MB per month (for 6 months) of the OS update downloaded will not be charged by airtel. But updates are usually more than 100MB and not sure what will happen if user is already subscribed to data pack?

That offer has to be taken as mere gimmick like earlier free Whatsapp pack, fb pack, where people are not charged for Whatsapp, but charged for background data usage.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

^ ^ ^

Airtel Free Data Offer for all 3 Android One Handsets of Micromax/Karbonn/Spice is for NEW PREPAID Customers. It is 100 MB free data per month for android software update & 200 MB free data per month for App download or update, for 6 months. Check the terms/activation detail & extra charge upon excess usage in following image.

308li89.png

Airtel Tie-up: Google has tied-up with India’s largest telco Airtel to enable Airtel subscribers download the latest Android software updates (up to 100MB per month) for the first six months. This includes the upcoming Android L release. On top of this, Airtel will also apparently offer subscribers 200MB per month free data for app downloads and updates. This is however limited to the first prepaid active Airtel SIM inserted on these devices.

Newsstand & YouTube Offline:

Android One users will get a free 12 month subscription to its newspaper & magazine service Newsstand . It will also have access to YouTube’s upcoming offline service, that will allow users to save some videos for offline watching.

Posted using Moto G on Reliance CDMA

but how many times in 6 months does android release updates?

Finally gave the porting request for my personal Reliance Postpaid number to Airtel. The previous scheme that I mentioned is not applicable anymore. Now they are giving me 960MB 3G data and 300 minutes of Local/STD calling. 17 Rs. pack for free incoming throughout India. Should be good enough. Very happy with Airtel in Meerut.

Planning to change my HTC One M7 to either a One+2 or a Samsung J7. Also just got a Moto G3 for my daughter.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Ported my RCDMA to RGSM. I gave request on 1st Dec, received call from RCOM on 5th and migration was done by 10th. As my travelling has increased, I found many places, either no network or 1x speed. This affected a lot. RGSM because I was looking at good 3g speed in Mumbai and good tariff. But will again change it to other service provider as there is no call conference on RGSM. I got Samsung A5. Actually it was for wife (anniversary gift). But she didn't want to change handset at this moment so I am using it.

Given porting request to change

From airtel 4G to idea

Hope I ll receive 4G SIM from idea in Bangalore in January

Airtel has 20MHz spectrum in band 40 [2300MHz] + 5MHz in band 3 [1800MHz] + 5MHz in band 8 [900MHz]. Out of which they will first use band 8 for 3G and lte later. Infact it's equally powerful to RJio in Karnataka circle.

But Idea [as well as Vodafone] has just 5MHz of band 3 lte spectrum in Karnataka circle, which will get congested fast comparing Airtel or jio, AFAIK

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk