Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

It is T-937. May be only for Maharashtra.

There is a greater chance that this plan is devised only for the company that I work with.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

I have PORTED my existing BSNL number XXXX707070 to Reliance GSM Odisha

Reasons for Porting -

1. BSNL does not have good special tariff vouchers as compared to others.

2. BSNL does not provide free calling to MTNL numbers with its magic voucher 555

3. BSNL internet speed are worse in my area.

4. BSNL does not allow several STVs to be clubbed together.

5. Competitors provide same/better benefits than BSNL with STVs of lower denominations.

6. I face call drops with BSNL.

Benefits that I see of the new service provider -

1. Night calling free with 59 Night pack

2. 1p/sec roaming throughout the country.

3. Cheaper call rates

Porting Experience -

1. Generated UPC on 17th Nov 2011

2. Went to Reliance Web world on 18th.

3. Received the message instantly "Dear customer we have received your request to enroll mobile number XXXX707070 in Reliance network. -Reliance "

4. 21st Nov received SMS that "Your current operator has approved the port out request"

5. 22nd NOV 00:12 HRS my number got converted to reliance GSM

6. By 7:30 in the morning i/c and o/g were going fine

Any other important comment -

porting procedure took 5 days for me.. Great work by MCH... :-)

-------------------------------

• Like 2

^ ^ ^

One of the few persons who have provided info exactly in the manner it was meant to be provided in this topic.

Good write up. Thanks. +1.

Rajan bhai.. Thank you :hi2:

\only negative point..................their customer care s**ks big tym

Yeah Reliance c'care is a pain in the back... The never pick up ur calls.. try dialling 18001803333 :hypocrite:

Another Successful Porting Story

I have PORTED my existing BSNL number 98xxx22878 to Reliance GSM Odisha

This is my primary number so I was a bit tensed while trying to port into Reliance...

Reasons for Porting -

1. BSNL does not have good special tariff vouchers as compared to others.

2. BSNL does not provide free calling to MTNL numbers with its magic voucher 555

3. BSNL internet speed are worse in my area.

4. BSNL does not allow several STVs to be clubbed together.

5. Competitors provide same/better benefits than BSNL with STVs of lower denominations.

6. I face call drops with BSNL.

1. Night calling free with 59 Night pack

2. 1p/sec roaming throughout the country.

3. Cheaper call rates

Porting Experience -

1. Generated UPC on 19th Nov 2011

2. Went to Reliance Web world on 19th.

3. Received the message on 21st Nov "Dear customer we have received your request to enroll mobile number 98xxx22878in Reliance network. -Reliance ".. (Delay may be due to the fact that 19th was a Sat and next day Sunday)

4. Nothing happened till 26th.

4. 26th Nov received SMS that "Your current operator has approved the port out request, Please insert the new SIM by 11:00PM to 12:00 AM "

5. 26th NOV 2318 HRS my number got converted to reliance GSM

6. Recharged the FRC through PayTM and all top ups STVs done online..

Talking to my gf on this new reliance connection as I am typing these things...

Again a hassles free porting... I gues I am lucky :smartass: or may be MCH and Operators are becoming experienced :boxing:

Everything smooth so far.. I hope Reliance does not play any games regarding documents at a later stage.. Keeping my fingers crossed.. :nerves:

Edited by sujitkumarhota

Please tell me good Port in Plan for Rest of Maharashtra circle,

Currently I am on Tata Docomo Network...Main usage is GPRS....speed + Plan is important...

Docomo GPRS have started to s*** big time in Pune now

Yesterday the porting of my secondary number (9434353637 of BSNL) to MTS was completed successfully. It was a smooth procedure. Everything took place without any problem. A couple of days back I was called by an executive of BSNL from Kolkata who was trying to convice me to stay back with them.

Reasons for Porting -

Better tariff, better call quality (BSNL signal is omnipresent but the call quality is dismal), and of course the cheapest EVDO.

MTS gives full talk-time on a good number of recharges; SMS packs are attractive; Calling to Bangladesh is much cheaper with 3 different vouchers, so more flexibility.

1. Full talk time recharges. Main balance plus pool balance to be exhausted in a month.

2. 1p/2sec local calls for a year with Rs. 95 recharge (with the MNP, this came as a free gift for the first year)

3. Best EVDO rates: 2GB for Rs. 97 and 6GB for Rs. 147. I'm using it for skype video calls, live TV, streaming radio, g-talk, Nimbuzz VOIP calls etc.

Porting Experience -

1. Generated UPC on 19th Jan 2012

2. Went to MTS franchisee on 19th and submitted documents, filled forms for MNP.

3. Received the message on 25th Jan that my number would be ported out at 00:00 hrs of 26th, i.e. today's midnight to MTS. Two hours before that my number would be inactive.

4. All happened smoothly.

4. 26th Jan in the morning, I received the welcome SMS from MTS.

5. After recharge of Rs. 105 I got Rs. 20 main balance and Rs. 95 pool balance (for 30 days), along with 1p/2sec tariff activation.

6. I sent SMS to 51230 for High Speed Data activation and received back the confirmation. Checked and found that the EVDO is working flawlessly.

7. Sent SMS to all of my friends in my contact list who uses BSNL connection and used to call me @10p/min (on-net call of BSNL).

Enjoying this on Incredible 2.

• Like 2

that great sougata.

interestingly u said call to Bangladesh is cheaper,

so no other operator provide better tariff for isd calls to Bangladesh

I have applied for Porting my existing Reliance Postpaid CDMA number XX297X5XX3 to TATA DOCOMO CDMA.

Reasons for Porting - Reason is Roaming plans only.

Grievances with existing Service provider - Nothing at all, coverage in MP is awesome & congestion is NIL

Benefits that I see of the new service provider - Roaming Plans & Better coverage at my home town (Kosi, UP-W).

Porting Experience -

- Complete Application form submitted to TATA Hub @ 01/03/2012 afternoon.

- Got call from RCOM retention department on 02/03, Told them to send me email with plan details, But nothing received yet.

- Called R-CC & they confirmed that they have received Port out request on 01/03 1603 Hours, But I did not get any sms about anything yet.

Yet to get number ported, will keep updating here.

I do not know why others have problem with R-CC, but I must say, I have never seen better CC than Rcom. Call answered in less than 30 seconds from the moment I dial *222. and 10 seconds maximum after I select option to talk to them.

Edited by kapilthio

I have PORTED my existing Tata Indicom Prepaid number 92879xxxxx to Airtel Prepaid in the Kerala Circle.

Reasons for Porting -

1. TI's network coverage and reception is deteriorating / dismal in the places I frequent outside city limits.
  2. 4 years back, for someone looking for High Speed data access on phone CDMA was indispensable. It was a privilege exclusive for us CDMA customers in the form of EVDO but now with the advent of HSPA we are no longer obligated to stick with them.
  3. How much ever we laud CDMA here, it remains true that we are a neglected lot. Sure, the technology is great but the implementation in India is deplorable. And the situation is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.
  4. Most of my friends / relatives are on Airtel, Idea or Vodafone so I never had much use for the famed unlimited on-net plans.

Hassle free user experience even if that means I will have to shell out more Rs.

Airtel provides 3G services in Kerala through roaming agreement with Idea.

Porting Experience -

1. Generated UPC on 7th March 2012 (Wednesday)
  2. Visited Airtel Relationship Center on 8th and filled up the requisite forms.
  3. On the same day, received a SMS from +1909 that my request for porting have been received and it is under process.
  4. On 12th (Monday) received a SMS stating that the donor operator have validated my application and that my number will be ported out by midnight 00.18.00. The number was inaccessible till 5 AM.
  5. After 5 AM the number got converted to Airtel. Calls, SMS, data are working flawlessly since.
  6. 3G services activated by 10 AM. The tech support guy who contacted me went out of his way to help configure the settings and Airtel followed up to ensure that everything is working smooth.
  7. Was able to access My Airtel page, recharge through paytm also successful Boy%20Thumbs%20Up.gif

Now the only association I am having with Tata Indicom is a postpaid connection I'm using with official BB9650 which I just can't ditch :multi:

• Like 3

^^^^^^^

Good reasons... But in that case, you should have ported to Idea as ICRA for 3G will NOT continue for loong...

I am positive that the System lacks the teeth to dictate terms to the Cartel ;) let's see how things will turn out.

^^^^^^^

Ya... Very TRUE... But be careful, Cartel is also having deadly poisonous teeth... There is no guarantee that they won't bite their customers...

Jokes apart, in TN atleast, Idea stopped selling netsetters with 3G here (or atleast in my town)... They are just selling off their limited stocks and NO NEW stocks (netsetters) are coming...

May be because Idea is less EVIL than AirHELL or due to 2G license cancellation fear of Idea (2G spectrum re-allocation by auction) in TN...

In my experience of airtel vs idea in Maharashtra and mumbai circle,

airtel is better than idea.

Idea is most evil and have most rude customer care who refuses to acknowledge their own mistakes.

So I advice idea be used for just voice and all other stuff like 3g and all should be used via icra.

I am PORTING my existing Reliance GSM Prepaid number 98xxxxx878 to Airtel Postpaid in Orissa circle.

Reasons for Porting -

• Reliance GSM was good for me till last month when it started charging me randomly. Even there were no proper complaint handling mechanism.
  • Reliance customer care is the worst, I must say. They don't have any idea and their system is always on upgradation.
  • They deducted Rs 77 from my account for a video call that lasted only 28 seconds :-O. Although I got the money back but that was after fighting through pgportal.
  • Initially I tried to port in to docomo postpaid, but they rejected my request :-( (Docomo is the cheapest)

• Airtel, I know is costlier but I hope that it will provide me a decent network.
  • The customer support is good.. My dad is using his airtel postpaid connection for past 5 years without any hassles.
  • The MNP plan is something I like in Airtel.. It provides me the following benefits :

• Rental of 333 + tax
    • 333 Local + 333 STD Minutes free per month
    • After that A2A @ 20p/min A2O @ 30p/min A2LL @ 50p/min All STD @ 50p/min
    • Roaming I/c and local o/g= 0.60, STD o/g in roaming = 0.80 SMS @ 0.80
    • 250 L/N SMS Free per month

Porting Experience -

• 15th March 2012 : Generated UPC
  • 15th March 2012 : Visited Airtel Relationship Center on same day (15th Mar) and filled up forms and all. No security deposit taken as this is a port-in case. :-)
  • 15th March 2012 : Received SMS from 1901 stating "Request for port in to Airtel has been received"
  • 16th March 2012 : Got a address verification call in the afternoon at around 1600Hrs... Said he is forwarding my verfication as cleared :):Sorprendido: (Something that DoCoMo rejected. )
  • 20th March 2012 <21:08 hrs> : Still waiting for the no service period message to arrive :( .. This is becoming the longest experience of MNP for me...
  • 21st March 2012 <00:28 hrs>: Received message from 1901 (Finally...!!! :cheer: ) "Request validated by donor and porting time: 2012-03-21 22:00:00.683" Waiting for the final step now.. :)
  • 21st March 2012 <22:40 hrs> : Received welcome message from AirTel.. Incoming outgoing and sms working perfectly fine...

Finally MNP process completed successfully and within 6 days.. MNP Rocks :)

Edited by sujitkumarhota

I like the roaming rates they have given me in the plan.. it is same a turbo plans :)

I am PORTING my existing Reliance GSM Prepaid number 98xxxxx878 to Airtel Postpaid in Orissa circle.

Reasons for Porting -

• Reliance GSM was good for me till last month when it started charging me randomly. Even there were no proper complaint handling mechanism.
  • Reliance customer care is the worst, I must say. They don't have any idea and their system is always on upgradation.
  • They deducted Rs 77 from my account for a video call that lasted only 28 seconds :-O. Although I got the money back but that was after fighting through pgportal.
  • Initially I tried to port in to docomo postpaid, but they rejected my request :-( (Docomo is the cheapest)

• Airtel, I know is costlier but I hope that it will provide me a decent network.
  • The customer support is good.. My dad is using his airtel postpaid connection for past 5 years without any hassles.
  • The MNP plan is something I like in Airtel.. It provides me the following benefits :

• Rental of 333 + tax

Porting Experience -

• 15th March 2012 : Generated UPC
  • 15th March 2012 : Visited Airtel Relationship Center on same day (15th Mar) and filled up forms and all. No security deposit taken as this is a port-in case. :-)
  • 15th March 2012 : Received SMS from 1901 stating "Request for port in to Airtel has been received"
  • 16th March 2012 : Got a address verification call in the afternoon at around 1600Hrs... Said he is forwarding my verfication as cleared :):Sorprendido: (Something that DoCoMo rejected. )
  • 20th March 2012 <21:08 hrs> : Still waiting for the no service period message to arrive :( .. This is becoming the longest experience of MNP for me...
  • 21st March 2012 <00:28 hrs>: Received message from 1901 (Finally...!!! :cheer: ) "Request validated by donor and porting time: 2012-03-21 22:00:00.683" Waiting for the final step now.. :)
  • 21st March 2012 <22:40 hrs> : Received welcome message from AirTel.. Incoming outgoing and sms working perfectly fine...

and

Shows that u opted MNP two time in 1 year

BTW which was original operator?

Which is going to be next operator?

and

http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__249277

Shows that u opted MNP two time in 1 year

BTW which was original operator?

Which is going to be next operator?

In fact I have opted for MNP 3 times on the same number since it was launched... After all MNP is a demand and supply game.. Isnt it :P I keep changing them depending upon the need of the hour and the offers they make :) Original was Aircel(post)---->> BSNL (Pre) ----->> Reliance GSM (Pre) ------>> Airtel (Post)

Currently I am getting the following benefit :

• Rental of 333 + tax
  • 2GB 2G Data @ 98 (with a bill discount of Rs 49 for 6 months)
  • 100 L+N SMS free daily for 30 days @ Rs 25

Actually DOCOMO offered me a better plan but later rejected my application on the basis of Address Verification, as they thought I could not pay the bills because I live in a rented house.. LOL

Edited by sujitkumarhota

Sujit if you change the operators ever so often, they may blacklist your number :P

Sir, nothing like that will happen.

But I must say sujit is enjoying freedom of mnp to the fullest

Sujit if you change the operators ever so often, they may blacklist your number

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

karthik bhai:

legally the donor operator cannot block a port out request, if the subscriber is satisfying all the criteria..

And i dont tgink any recepient operator [except docomo] would mind taking in customers providing revenue thats significantly higher than the company's arpu...

And yes I am enjoying MNP to the fullest... :)

is anyone available here in rimweb who can be better than sujit who has opted MNP 4 times!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

VERY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I have decided to port into rcdma network.

When inquired about process with rcmda cc, they told rs 21/25 chagres for MNP ( two different answer from two cc)

when visited web world

1st web world- MNP process is not working now a days ( total disappointment)

2nd - u will be chagres rs 50 for blank sim + rechage of ur choice, zero TT ( they might be offering NON-OMH sim)

3rd- RS 100, no frc needed, u will get zero TT

4th- RS 150. and pay recharge of ur choice.

5th - rs 100, and u ll ger rs 22 talktime

6th (a retailer) - saying Rs 50 for non-omh sim and rs75 for omh sim + pay rechage of ur choice extra.

all saying shortage of sim, so selling at high rate.

EVERY WEBWORLD HAS big notice board saying SIM REPLACEMENT at RS 4(four), when asked, says, that Rs 4 blank sim is not in stock sao selling old omh/non-omh sim at high rate.

SO dropped the idea of MNP for coming into reliance cdma

I ll visit 3 more outlet in next two days to check their rate.

Sim charges as per the company policy is rs 4 only, there are no different stocks. You can write to nodal/appelate in case you are being looted.

is anyone available here in rimweb who can be better than sujit who has opted MNP 4 times!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

VERY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I have decided to port into rcdma network.

When inquired about process with rcmda cc, they told rs 21/25 chagres for MNP ( two different answer from two cc)

when visited web world

1st web world- MNP process is not working now a days ( total disappointment)

2nd - u will be chagres rs 50 for blank sim + rechage of ur choice, zero TT ( they might be offering NON-OMH sim)

3rd- RS 100, no frc needed, u will get zero TT

4th- RS 150. and pay recharge of ur choice.

5th - rs 100, and u ll ger rs 22 talktime

6th (a retailer) - saying Rs 50 for non-omh sim and rs75 for omh sim + pay rechage of ur choice extra.

all saying shortage of sim, so selling at high rate.

EVERY WEBWORLD HAS big notice board saying SIM REPLACEMENT at RS 4(four), when asked, says, that Rs 4 blank sim is not in stock sao selling old omh/non-omh sim at high rate.

SO dropped the idea of MNP for coming into reliance cdma

I ll visit 3 more outlet in next two days to check their rate.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

^^^ he is trying to port in to cdma... GSM cost Rs 4, Are you sure those cdma sims cost Rs 4 as well ???