Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

I Have Ported My Number To....

Had decided to Port from RCDMA to RGSM hoping that the "No service period" would be minimum.

Experience- Total time for transfer was 10days (incl wknd)

No Service period- No incoming calls for about 26 hrs.

No complaints were accepted by CC for related issues.

Porting did not affect "my service" information and services.

I did send emails to nodal officers Still nothning has been done see my email headers below

to Rcomappellateauthority.Mumbai@relianceada.com

date Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:45 AM

subject Number portability Stuck at reliance GSM

mailed-by gmail.com

from Riz <....@gmail.com>

to Rcomnodalofficer.Mumbai@relianceada.com

date Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM

subject Number Portability Reliance GSM still not activating number

mailed-by gmail.com

send mail again as I have suggested.

anil ambani's mail id will charged up all officers and they will rush to reply you.

Dear Friends

It seems the MNP process is in utter chaos. And the people mainly responsible for it are some top operators like Vodafone, Airtel, Reliance and to some extent Idea. But let me tell you, one of the major contributors to this is also the Mobile clearning house (MCH as they call it in operator's parlance).

If one sees the cases of troublesome MNP processes, people porting out or porting in to the above operators are facing the maximum problem. If what a responsible guy from one of these operators was to be believed, all these operators have still not ironed out MNP procedures, as they anticipated that MNP would be postponed once again and never prepared themselves.

These operators have virtually put the MCH schedules set by TRAI in disarray. e.g. The porting out requests are not properly conveyed by donor operators to MCH during execution and in turn MCH doesnt convey port in requests to recepient operators. As a result some times response from donors takes a long time, while at times when donor discontinues services, the recipient operator takes a long time to restore services from his end.

I am also told that the disruption of service process, which was supposed to be just two hours in the night, is now being held even during the day and on an average stretches some thing between 24 hours to 36 hours. So there is a problem in the MNP although it will be eventually ironed out. So be prepared for some hassles.

Edited by abhisathe

got my no ported from vodafone prepaid to tata indicom postpaid.The process took 4 days completely .

but atm still my no is getting no incoming but yes outgoing is active n working flawlessly.

Finally I am out of Reliance. All issues are resolved . I am able to receive all calls to my Docomo.

Me too. Though I can still make outgoing calls from my RCDMA. :Confuso: The UCS service requests on myservices are still "Solving" and Reliance 198 has no idea when it will be resolved. I hope Reliance doesn't bill me for this overlap period.

thank you amitnsonu

it seems like your email idea is working

My number strarted working jst checked

dialing 9198333****

still says vodaphone number is not avaible

however dialing

9833****

09833****

+919833 ****

seems to work

MNP HELL at Reliance

Number portability Stuck at reliance GSM

I wanted to port my number from Vodaphone to Reliance. My number is 9833559948

So I applied for number portability on 24jan2011.

On 5-feb-2011 at 4:21 AM I received one SMS from Vodaphone that said Your porting request dated 1-feb-2011 has been approved. We will communicate porting date and time shortly.

After that there is no SMS and my Vodaphone SIM went offline on 6-feb-2011 at 3 AM or so.

In the morning i checked my reliance SIM it was still inactive.

So I contacted reliance they said that porting data has not been sent from vodaphone and my number is still with them. In the evening i visited vodaphone gallery, they said Porting data has been sent to reliance you need to contact them.

So again i called their call center. NOW THEY ARE SAYING THERE IS SOME TECHNICAL PROBLEM ON THEIR END AND THEY WILL DO IT SOON.

TODAY IS 12-FEB-2011 STILL MY RELIANCE SIM IS INACTIVE. I called them again they said it might be done is 1 hour or 1 day they do n't know.

Now I am stuck, why do they take porting request when their infrastructure is not ready.

My current contact detail is :9022731579

My vodaphone number is not reachable.

I am tired of calling Reliance and visiting their Web world nothing is helping..

ALL BROADERS READ THIS BEFORE PORTING TO RELIANCE DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PORT TO RELIANCE AND LOOSE YOUR SLEEP

very funny

but i amazed that what forced you to port in to RGSM that too from vodafone, even after reports of bad network & CC of reliance ?

ye to shuruaat hai, aage jab number RGSM pe aa jayega then your problems only will increase.

for now do send a mail to

anil.ambani@relianceada.com with cc to

serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com

customercare@relianceada.com

gsm.customercare@relianceada.com

plus nodal officer and appellate authority of Mumbai (or which circle you belong to)

believe me you will get quick result..

yes amitnsonu you are right problems will only increase after porting

My 2G and 3G are not working

When tried to refill 2G by sending sms to 53738 it says invalid number.

After calling customer care they say my documents are not there with them,

it is possible to port without documents

I guess i'am the odd man out, i migrated from rcdma to grsm and i'm very happy with rgsm services on my bb. even voice calls are working fine.

call rate: 1p/2sec

sms 39/month (they discontinued Rs.19 pack as per CC)

BB plan 398/month

The 1p/2sec plan is valid for 3 months only. I hope they won't discontinue after 3 months else this will give me another opportunity to migrate from rgsm to another lucrative offering.

^^^

Hmmm.....hiked from 1p to 5p ? 500% increase in Sms charges.:ranting:

:previous: The total cost for a customer is infact lower in the new pack if he is just doing less than 125 SMS in a month.

May be they are trying to reduce the traffic on their SMS gateway to improve service :Riendo:

:previous: The total cost for a customer is infact lower in the new pack if he is just doing less than 125 SMS in a month.

May be they are trying to reduce the traffic on their SMS gateway to improve service :Riendo:

What RGSM is trying to improve the service :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: Usage of some magic to give life to a dead person may become possible one day, but what you have said is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.. RGsm is giving tough competition to BSNL in terms of (lack of) quality (network and services)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

The 1p/2sec plan is valid for 3 months only. I hope they won't discontinue after 3 months else this will give me another opportunity to migrate from rgsm to another lucrative offering.

Looking at RCom's history, it would be quite safe to assume that they will surely discontinue this. RCom has always changed its plans much faster than any other operator. It is always risky to get lured into RCom for some specific plan. But now there is MNP. But then it seems to be going anything but smoothly for most people... so you may have to go thru quite a hassle. Only time will tell...

What RGSM is trying to improve the service :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: Usage of some magic to give life to a dead person may become possible one day, but what you have said is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.. RGsm is giving tough competition to BSNL in terms of (lack of) quality (network and services)...

+100 to that.rofl_200.gif

Edited by raccoon

Guys, is that confirm that now BSNL is not giving additional Rs. 100 free talktime for there port-in customers???

the second porting experience went too bad...i tried to port from rcdma to airtel....gave caf and the id proof on 8th and still no porting done as yet...

whn i contacted the ARC thy gave me a a very stale reason the distributor collected the form on 12th so porting will be counted from tht day but still no sms of porting received.

i guess airtel is hving its cup full of customers so thy dont require more thts why thy r not in a mood to entertain more porting requests...

now will port to tata postpaid ..m loving the service thy provide..

Guys, is that confirm that now BSNL is not giving additional Rs. 100 free talktime for there port-in customers???

Yes BSNL has stopped giving free sim, Rs.100 free talktime and 5gb gprs.

nothing free to customer.

It seems BSNL wants to maintain No.1 position losing customers due to MNP and last in aquiring new customers

This wat suppose to happen

Edited by manishag

Even after 20 days of Number activation with Vodafone I am unable to contact customer care executive on 198 & 111 it gives error and comes to main menu.

Mail to their Customer Care has not shown any result.

I feel Reliance Customer Care is better than Vodafone.

By God's Grace I have converted only 1 Number to Vodafone.

Guys, is that confirm that now BSNL is not giving additional100 free talktime for there port-in customers???

Yes BSNL has stopped giving free sim, 100 free talktime and 5gb gprs.

nothing free to customer.

It seems BSNL wants to maintain No.1 position losing customers due to MNP and last in aquiring new customers

bhai babu ji logo ki pocket garam kar di gayi hain

Even after 20 days of Number activation with Vodafone I am unable to contact customer care executive on 198 & 111 it gives error and comes to main menu.

Mail to their Customer Care has not shown any result.

I feel Reliance Customer Care is better than Vodafone.

By God's Grace I have converted only 1 Number to Vodafone.

Saurav Bhai....in Vodafone if you make repeated calls to 198 and 111 (may be more then 5 times in a day), then they block your number to get connected to CC people.

This is the reason your call routed back to the main menu.

Call gets routed back every tim even on first call to 111 & 198.

I have not been able to contact Vodafone Customer Care Executive even once. :confuse:

^^^

Saurav Bhai, try contacting Vodafone by any other number and ask them to unblock your number. Only then you will be able to contact CC. :)

there is a page on Vodafone website fot, you can find it easily.

just fill and submit it.

unlike reliance Vodafone is quick to resolve these complains.

also if you are on Twitter & fb do follow and like them, these guys are very active in resolving problems on Twitter.

the second porting experience went too bad...i tried to port from rcdma to airtel....gave caf and the id proof on 8th and still no porting done as yet...

whn i contacted the ARC thy gave me a a very stale reason the distributor collected the form on 12th so porting will be counted from tht day but still no sms of porting received.

i guess airtel is hving its cup full of customers so thy dont require more thts why thy r not in a mood to entertain more porting requests...

now will port to tata postpaid ..m loving the service thy provide..

still porting not done....looks like both the operators r literally dragging on with the old customers...it has been nearly 17 days since i requested the porting.. :Equivocado: :Equivocado: :Equivocado: