Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
confused_follower

Reliance Launches "My Statement" Service For Prepaid

:previous: Well, that is ok if you plan to keep your phone in 3G mode all the time. Doing so will eat up your battery much faster.

My hope is that, while providing 3G coverage in Chennai, Vodafone might rework on their towers/networks, moving things a little around, resulting in better 2g coverage too at my place. This is just a hope.

I also want to give MNP a few months, before it stabilizes without problems.

As 3G is in 2100 MHz frequency, and Vodafone 2G is in 900 MHz frequency, they will need to use at least three times more number of towers to give a reasonable 3G coverage in Chennai. Any tower with 3G BTS will probably also handle Vodafone's 2G signals...There lies my "hope" for better 2G coverage from Vodafone when their 3G is running....

RGSM networks, Tata Docomo, and most of Aircel networks (except old Aircel network in Chennai,TN, etc.,) were already 3G-ready, in the sense that they already had almost enough towers with BTS's able to provide both 2G/3G with minimal effort. That the reason for them being fast in increasing 3g coverage, than the old-operators like Airtel/Vodafone.

Edited by pajat

previous.gif If you are saying that they will need 3 times the existing number of towers just because 3G uses 2100 MHz, you might be wrong.

Hope it does not happen with Voda, but Docom's 2G network went for quite a toss here, ever since 3G was launched. As of now, it has improved again (voice only... data is can still be slow and unreliable).

:previous:

@Pajat is exactly correct with respect to 900 MHz GSM.

Even for 1800 MHz GSM, operator has to install 1.5x the existing towers to have equal coverage in HSDPA(2100 MHz).

It's exactly the reason why EVDO has expanded much faster than HSDPA when RCOM decided to expand both in mutually exclusive manner depending on the circles where they've won 2100 MHz spectrum or not.

For EVDO expansion, there is no need of investing in new towers since both 1X and EVDO operate in 800 MHz.

If an operator is in 900 MHz GSM, then it's tough time for him to match his existing 2G coverage unless he pours in huge investment.

It's exactly the reason why TRAI feels getting back the 900 MHz from old operators for the sake of level playing field as an easy task.

An operator in 900MHz with 3G spectrum anyway will multiply his towers for HSDPA(2100 MHz).

Once he has good HSDPA(2100 MHz) coverage, it's easy for him migrate to 1800MHz GSM and surrender the 900MHz back to DoT.

Edited by kesav

previous.gif Whoever has come out with this constant (1.5) seems to have ignored the density and hence size of cells...

I'm not suggesting that there will be no difference. But it may not be this much, overall. And it will vary according to area.

:previous:

It's well known in technology field that all constants are variables wrt environment.

All the constants are theoretical absolute 100% equality terms.

previous.gif Whoever has come out with this constant (1.5) seems to have ignored the density and hence size of cells...

I'm not suggesting that there will be no difference. But it may not be this much, overall. And it will vary according to area.

I agree that in a city like Chennai, the density and size of the cells have to be taken into consideration, still I think there is a good chance for Vodafone to install few more towers around the city to give better 3g experience/coverage, which, if it happens, I "hope" might improve 2g at my place. If Vodafone does not even install few more towers around the city, I think definitely lot of complaints will be there on 3g experience.

Also, they will probably replace their old 2G BTS in the tower covering my house to a new 2G+3G BTS, which "might" perform better, and provide better 2G coverage for me.

Edited by pajat

Vodafone in Chennai is operating in 1800 Mhz and only in rest of Tamilnadu they are on 900 Mhz

Vodafone in Chennai is operating in 1800 Mhz and only in rest of Tamilnadu they are on 900 Mhz

Oh. I did not know that. But even then I think they need at least few more towers to provide 2100 MHz 3g coverage matching the 1800MHz coverage areas. If with their 1800 MHz 2g coverage is bad at about 5% of chennai, then with 2100 MHz (using similar towers) probably some 15-20% of 3g coverage will be bad. To mitigate that they probably will install few more towers.

previous.gif If you are saying that they will need 3 times the existing number of towers just because 3G uses 2100 MHz, you might be wrong.

Hope it does not happen with Voda, but Docom's 2G network went for quite a toss here, ever since 3G was launched. As of now, it has improved again (voice only... data is can still be slow and unreliable).

We need Exactly 3 or more then 3 times the tower for 2100 mhz compared to 900mhz / No Proof Required

mods/admin discussion has gone off topic.. it was for my statement service launch by RCOm and everybody is discussing abt network quality and other stuf...

I tried it and got a message saying "No Default configured"

mods/admin discussion has gone off topic.. it was for my statement service launch by RCOm and everybody is discussing abt network quality and other stuf...

My dear friend, whatever been discussed in this thread is knowledgeable for different members and guests of the forum and can't be considered as off topic....in a way we are getting to know many issues and benefits related to Reliance Mobile Services.......Csmart bhai.....Kuch daag achhe hote hain ! :)

previous.gif I'd stopped responding thinking that it was indeed going off-topic... Equivocado.gif

Service still not available in Karnataka on CDMA platform!!!!!!

:previous: Did you try sending SMS Bill to 55333 from a Reliance Prepaid Connection?

Yes tried from Reliance GSM prepaid in Bangalore.