Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pabitrak5

Activating EVDO on Samsung Galaxy Pop with Reliance CDMA

I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy POP few days back. I have been trying since get my no. activated on EVDO but all the Customer care executives making me run from Pillar to post for the service. I have tried all no. like *333, 198, *355, and some 1800 ---- ---- no. but all in def ears. Not yet activated.

Request any body got it activated then please let me know how too do it and what to say to the CC executives and on which no.

regards

Pabitra

Mail me your Mobile Number (MDN) with the request for EVDO Activation, We shall get it activated.

Update: Please check:

• Like 6

@pabitrak5

Lucky, you got response from the very right person on the forum for this purpose. Amit ji has best solutions for all official reliance complaints not getting resolved otherwise.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Nice gesture on Amit Jain's part to help for EVDO activation..

But the basic problem of Reliance's adamant/inexplicable attitude in keeping EVDO off by default even for OMH Sim handset remains... I thought MNP will bring some sanity...

Many posts even at RIMweb of people running from pillar to post just for such a simple thing..

The Phone CCs are useless . Go to Reliance web world customer care , they will put in a request on your behalf.

DO we have NUC in EVDO data?????

For activating EVDO on Samsung Galaxy Pop, please check:

DO we have NUC in EVDO data?????

i want to ask the same question too

I have been a Reliance Post Paid Customer for past one and half year. I have recentlly purchased a smart phone(Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA I559) with features of EVDO and supports OMH card. I have upgraded my card to OMH.

I was using Internet using mobile Packet Data for accessing internet. I talked to the CC of Reliance at various numbers(335, 198) but they have no clue about 3G services or EVDO services on CDMA. I asked them to activate Rs. 99 EVDO plan for which I have known through internet, but they asked to open RWorld from my mobile and activate it. But there was no Widget for RWorld on the phone. The lady on 198 asked me to goto the Reliance Wprld Center to get RWorld on my phone. The Reliance World Center person even has no clue about it. I asked if they have this enabled in the phone they themselves are selling, she said no.

Now I am clueless, about, How to activate Rs. 99 plan on my mobile. Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

Now I am clueless, about, How to activate Rs. 99 plan on my mobile. Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

Why would you want to activate R World Rs 99 Data Plan? You will end up paying heavy Network Usage Charges of approx Rs 5 per MB in addition to plan cost. Instead you can subscribe for any of the plans from here http://www.rcom.co.i...rnet_phone.html This plans can be activated without having RWorld on your mobile by calling CC..

Why would you want to activate R World Rs. 99 Data Plan? You will end up paying heavy Network Usage Charges of approx Rs. 5 per MB in addition to plan cost. Instead you can subscribe for any of the plans from here http://www.rcom.co.i...rnet_phone.html This plans can be activated without having RWorld on your mobile by calling CC..

The above plans are for computers (using phone as modem). These are costly plans. Rs 95 plan does exists, as it is confirmed by seller on forum. NUC charges will not be applicable for evdo.

Edited by @Akash

Dear RajanJi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The reason I need the Rs. 99 plan is that, in that plan, I will get 300 MB free data usage on phone. Also I again activate my phone on the same OMH Card(Already activated) by calling *228, My phone shows that your phone is being programmed. After some time it shows me a network error, saying my phone is not activates, whereas the IVR says that the phone is already activated.

After rebooting the phone, now, it shows EV (with Tower ticker) and 1x (with Tower Ticker). The moment I start the mobile Packet Data for accessing internet from the settings, the EV(with Tower goes off). It comes again on rebooting the phone. But still I cannot find RWorld on my phone.

There is a icon for "UIM Toolkit", but it does not opens at all.

I am in a fuss. Cannot go ahead with my current internet as it is charging me hugely without any plan.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Manish

Edit: I again activate my phone on the same OMH Card(Already activated) by calling *228, My phone shows that your phone is being programmed. After some time it shows me a network error, saying my phone is not activates, whereas the IVR says that the phone is already activated.

Dear RajanJi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The reason I need the Rs. 99 plan is that, in that plan, I will get 300 MB free data usage on phone. Also I again activate my phone on the same OMH Card(Already activated) by calling *228, My phone shows that your phone is being programmed. After some time it shows me a network error, saying my phone is not activates, whereas the IVR says that the phone is already activated.

Dear Rajan Ji

Manish is talking on the baisis of this link

http://www.rcom.co.i.../MobileNet.html

Edited by neerajayshree

Dear Rajan Ji

Manish is talking on the baisis of this link

http://www.rcom.co.i.../MobileNet.html

I can't see any Rs 99 - 300 MB Data plan on that page. Besides i think plans on that page are for GSM and not CDMA.

so have we arrived on a consensus , which plan to use for reliance evdo ?

will the windows mobile data plan work on evdo ?

I have been a Reliance Post Paid Customer for past one and half year. I have recentlly purchased a smart phone(Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA I559) with features of EVDO and supports OMH card. I have upgraded my card to OMH.

I was using Internet using mobile Packet Data for accessing internet. I talked to the CC of Reliance at various numbers(335, 198) but they have no clue about 3G services or EVDO services on CDMA. I asked them to activate99 EVDO plan for which I have known through internet, but they asked to open RWorld from my mobile and activate it. But there was no Widget for RWorld on the phone. The lady on 198 asked me to goto the Reliance Wprld Center to get RWorld on my phone. The Reliance World Center person even has no clue about it. I asked if they have this enabled in the phone they themselves are selling, she said no.

Now I am clueless, about, How to activate99 plan on my mobile. Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

Hey Manish ,

Is your problem solved ? I am also facing same issue.

If anyone has solution Please let me know.

Thanks

i also want to knw abt the data plan available in RCDMA....i m using Samsung Pop.....please help me and also let me knw about the activation of EVDO in my handset....it sometimes automatically show two networks 1X and EVDO both

i spoke to CC they said for CDMA u get 300MB in Rs. 99 for 30 days and NUC will be not b charged till 300 MB

DEAR ALL

thanks for discussing the topic.

i have activated my EVDO after lot of struggle with CC, it got activated buy giving complaint at Rweb World

i am using defult pay and use plan. if any one knows a better plan can update me

further i am also facing the problem of no r world icon on my SCH I559. has anybody got it, then please update the forum

thanks

i spoke to CC they said for CDMA u get 300MB in99 for 30 days and NUC will be not b charged till 300 MB

That is false information. nuc will be applicable on this plan.

Hi,

I have been using Samsung SCH i559.

I had opted for Windows mobile broadband plan RNC_NetConnect_500MB_2. I was told by CC that I will be getting 500MB of data usage free & Rs 2/MB then onwards. In June's bill I was at surprise to that entire my usage had been billed to Rworld plan which is Rs 5/MB with no discount.

CC, Floor Managar, Technical Team & Nodal officers have been informed & I am fighting for last seven days. But RCOM has so far been unable to come up with solution.

I would like to ask members whether they are knowing APN settings for Galaxy POP for CDMA?

@ Sh Dinesh,

Sir, plan may not be falling under Windows mobile category but I have been charged its rental for my usage. RCOM has yet to give me reply.

i spoke to CC they said for CDMA u get 300MB in99 for 30 days and NUC will be not b charged till 300 MB

That is false information. nuc will be applicable on this plan.

yes i now i know it was a false information when i got it activated from Rworld......i have been cheated by RCOM.....CC is really good for nothing....

Why would you want to activate R World99 Data Plan? You will end up paying heavy Network Usage Charges of approx5 per MB in addition to plan cost. Instead you can subscribe for any of the plans from here http://www.rcom.co.i...rnet_phone.html This plans can be activated without having RWorld on your mobile by calling CC..

The above plans are for computers (using phone as modem). These are costly plans.95 plan does exists, as it is confirmed by seller on forum. NUC charges will not be applicable for evdo.

hey manish are u sure about these plans that ther will b no NUC charges for these plans and also will i b able to use this services on my phone as well....pls do reply if you have used it ur self