Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raghugs

Is It Possible To Register Foreign ESN / MEID?

Hello Everybody

Is it possible to legally register a foreign mobile phone's ESN in an Indian operator?

If so, what is the procedure and how much it would cost ?

Edited by raghugs

Changing ESN of a handset is illegal. So the answer to your question would be, no it isn't possible to legally change ESN.

Changing ESN of a handset is illegal. So the answer to your question would be, no it isn't possible to legally change ESN.

Then by what way many sellers are professionally selling high-end foreign CDMA mobile phones in India?

^ ^ ^

Those are officially MEID registered handsets without altering the original... And there is nothing illegal in that AFAIK..

I think the topic OP wanted to ask this practically, "Is it possible to legally USE a foreign mobile phone's ESN with an Indian Operator" ?

Edited by rajanmehta

Changing ESN MAY be illegal. Reason is, no one in india is aware about law which declare it to be illegal.

If we go by IMEI fiasco in past, where government licensed agency to feed legal IMEI to the handsets containing illegal IMEI. Now if handset can be programmed by paying 200 bucks to government authorised agency, means changing RADIO EQUIPMENT IDENTIFICATION SERIAL is legal. Notification issued then was not having any reference to any act or law. So we can safely presume that there is no such law in india or if it is there we are not aware.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I have a HTC Droid Incredible mobile phone with Verizon ESN.

Is it possible to make the mobile phone to work in Indian operator without hair-lose :D ?

Or anybody in rimweb doing this professionally ?

Yes you need to register the esn/meid on indian operator. I'm myself using it.

Is it very difficult to register ernet Meir in India operator?

If we go by IMEI fiasco in past, where government licensed agency to feed legal IMEI to the handsets containing illegal IMEI. Now if handset can be programmed by paying 200 bucks to government authorised agency, means changing RADIO EQUIPMENT IDENTIFICATION SERIAL is legal. Notification issued then was not having any reference to any act or law. So we can safely presume that there is no such law in india or if it is there we are not aware.

Kalpak Ji, Bahut sahi baat boli.

Changing ESN MAY be illegal. Reason is, no one in india is aware about law which declare it to be illegal.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

i too agree with this...

So are you people trying to say that there are government authorized agencies to change the esn msd of the foreign CDMA mobile phones ?

^^^

Not exactly.

Govt. opened a window for getting IMEI (for GSM) corrected after reports that most Chinese handset had illegal/duplicate IMEI and that it would effect mass of people.

While for CDMA, numbers wont justify such move.

So are you people trying to say that there are government authorized agencies to change the esn msd of the foreign CDMA mobile phones ?

no one in the world can change ESN legally(*),

you can get registered with Reliance cdma, its a best and easy way .

Edited by ::Hitesh::

no one in the world can change ESN legally(*),

you can get registered with Reliance cdma, its a best and easy way .

Hi Hitesh

What is the procedure to get my mobile phone's esn registered with either Reliance or Tata ?

i just replied your mail

check it out

thanks

I dont know what exact law in india is , but usually changing imei ir esn or meid is ideally and should be considered illegal if u are harming someone else monetarily

For me changing esn of your own phone with esn of your own sim / handset isnt illegal ,

PAR MERE BOLNE YA SOCHNE SE KYA HOTA HAI !!

Hello Everybody

Thanks for your replies.

I thought, i might need to change my mobile phone's ESN to register in indian CDMA operator.

Now, i got clarified that i just need to register my mobile phone's ESN/MEID within indian CDMA operator.

So, Is Tata Indicom a hard nut to crack in respect to foreign ESN/MEID registration and activation?

Is it easy in Reliance CDMA ?

DO MEID and ESN represent same data value in different formats ? I came across these converters on the internet like - meidconverter.com.

Doest it also mean that any of the converted values can be used while registration with the carrier > For eg. if a handset has MEID printed under its battery and shows only the MEID in the firmware, can it be registered with reliance,tata,bsnl using the converted ESN value ?

If the above is not possible, is there any way to get the handset working on other mode (meid to esn mode / esn to meid mode).

@Raghu TATA is done by other ways, not same as reliance.

@pintoo :- MEID is main thing, ESN is only for older network , which may not support MEID fully. also ESN shown under MEID is not actual ESN it is called pESN.

your mobile cannot be used on pESN only mode. it should be ESN only. wana need more info, google for MEID & pESN

@Raghu TATA is done by other ways, not same as reliance.

@pintoo :- MEID is main thing, ESN is only for older network , which may not support MEID fully. also ESN shown under MEID is not actual ESN it is called pESN.

your mobile cannot be used on pESN only mode. it should be ESN only. wana need more info, google for MEID & pESN

Yeah, Tata Indicom Karnataka told me that we don't have that information and is managed by 3rd party authority and he told me that he sent an email to them.

When i contacted them later, they told me that they refused to provide that information saying that it is encrypted data and we can't provide it.

BTW Can anybody PM me trusted AKey provider contact number?

Edited by raghugs

i dont understand why everyone is selling TATA registered foreign mobiles for more price compared to reliance registered ones..is it hard to register under tata? what is the procedure? and i also wanted to know whether we should use the same plans which are under "netconnect+" in reliance website for our EVDO enabled mobiles?

:previous: :previous:

Tata is Tough Nut & Thats the reason its costly,

On rimweb people have better data plans than listed on reliance website...

Edited by parin

I am confused completely with MEID stuff.

btw, 1000rs for meid registration and he will provide akey is fine?

before for my eris i paid 2k ;( with programming.

If you pay 1.5k then one guy would register your mobile phone's MEID in Reliance and even remotely program your mobile phone.