Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint HTC EVO 3D - World's 1st (Proper) 3D Phone

^

Kitna R&D karoge? :P Buy and enjoy!

• Like 1

1st time in life will be buying a phone more than 4K for myself so want to be sure. Also not a expert like you all in the forum.

^

Welcome to the forum.

It is understandable if you feel worried in buying from an online forum without warranty etc, so I suggest you read around the forum especially the feedback threads.

It is important that you know what you are dealing with, because you are not an expert (neither am I) as you say, so it is all the more required for you to have a working-out-of-the-box handset with everything working, like an officially store bought handset would do. That experience you are going to get from the reputed sellers here and they help with queries, support etc. that a new user might have.

If you plan to import from the USA, the initial buying cost might be less, then you would need to pay customs and shipping, then to register MEID and to program, and to get data plans etc. The total cost is nearly same as buying from forum and for someone who is not tech savvy it is worth spending more to get properly setup phone than taking hassles to configure.

There will be no warranty in either situation but in case of importing if the seller sends wrong phone etc. you will spend more in shipping back to claim refund.

One approach is like buying preconfigured PC and the other is to buying computer parts and assembling PC.

Thanks @ DL for the suggestions and advice.

Well i will look around the forum and get more details or get more confused :NOTriste::GirandoOjos: .

@ dkaile sorry for hijacking your thread.. :signthankspin:

@PKC19 - Buy it from here - for complete peace of mind.

Already contacted Hetal yesterday. He has given me a Good price for the same.

As per your 1st post there are 2 things :

"2. Screen brightness of S-AMOLED of EPIC is brighter than this 3D though very slightly. Nothing much to crib about.

3. Its heavier (170gms) than I anticipated. Maybe because of the humongous 1730maH battery (the highest capacity I have encountered). Its almost 60gms heavier than its competition Samsung Galaxy S2. It is even heavier than Epic (155gms) though it is thinner and easily pocket-able."

About point no 2 do you think there is lot of difference between the 2 screen types.

Point no 3 it that a major concern or you get used to it over a period of and does not bother after that.

It will be a good idea if you can provide you impressions like in post 1 after 15 days of use.

^

- if you have used s-amoled before, you will miss it for a week; not after that; if you have never used it, you wont know any difference;

- its thinner and more easily pocketable; no major concerns at all; samsung's patented technology in this regards is world leader in weight reduction. But then people are not very happy with the cheap built quality of the Galaxy S2 due to these weight reduction techs. It doesnt feel so solid like an i-phone or Evo3d.

there is no end to innovations; its happening everyday. So no sense waiting; Get the best product as on date as per your requirement; because tomorrow never comes. and there will definitely be a better product tomorrow.

Edited by dkaile

S-OFF S-OFF S-OFF S-OFF S-OFF. I say F-OFF to the manufacturers. Long live the developers..

GUYS S OFF IS HERE!!

http://unrevoked.com...c/revolutionary

HTC developer support is unmatched , if this was samsung hardware we would have never got it ....

Cryptographically locked bootloader unlocked in just one month of release , what an achievement!!

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Achieving the S-OFF is a great work! Hats off to the developers! !

This will allow full root, custom kernels the works! Really HTC developer support is better than Samsung community.

What should be ppp & HDR password for 3VO use with EVDO?, it that same as corresponding user name?

Edited by ss_rakesh

^^^ HDR Username and HDR Password are the detail which are inserted by seller.

and PPP should be MDN.

^^^ thanks for the answer,

u asked me to call 180030005555, and check for EVDO coverage in my area.

I checked coverage in Bangalore in someother website and my place is within the coverage area,

But just to confirm, when i called 180030005555 and entered my phone number the IVR told its an invalid entry .

and the CC told me that my area has EVDO coverage.

Edited by ss_rakesh

Hello

Thanks all for your suggestions and advices.There was a tremoundous increase in EVDO speed when I zeroed out HTTP/RTSP Ports.Thanks for all gurus who made this possible.

71890364.png

In Banglore HSD/EVDO is there.

In Banglore HSD/EVDO is there.

thanks, all probs with EVDO solved ^_^

Guys Update from my side:

Finally ordered EVO 3D from Hetal as recommended.

Now eagerly waiting for the phone to arrive.

Thanks everyone for the help.

@PKC19 - Welcome to 3VO Club...

@ss_rakesh sorry OT but how are you getting that speed in EVDO? I am in same city and generally get 1.1 Mbps maximum.

It will vary depending on the traffic in the tower you are under and the distance (and to a certain extent the obstacles) between the tower. My speeds vary between 500 kbps and 2.5 mbps at different times of the day and different location from where I run the test.

• Like 1

Thanks yes I have got lower speeds also but that is the maximum I got. ss_rakesh's (presumably) maximum speed is nearly double mine.

Edited by digitalnirvana

I also get speeds ranging from 400-500kbps to 2-2.5mbps.

@ss_rakesh sorry OT but how are you getting that speed in EVDO? I am in same city and generally get 1.1 Mbps maximum.

Well, for me @ home area i am getting 50kbps to 1mps, office area 500kbps to around 2mbps

Edited by ss_rakesh

Deleted....

Edited by santanu@impaq