Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raccoon

Tata Docomo On Milking Spree

Seems Docomo is bent on removing all/most advantages that made people choose it.

Just got an SMS saying Missed Call Alerts will be changeable from 2 August.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Title Upated >>

I think its time to say TATA / Bye Bye to Docomo.

It is understandable. For how long can they stick onto the goody good tag??????? Reality has to strike someday :)

Any idea about what they are going to charge?

Silly system - just confirms my view that Tata are also a 'near' sarkari company.

In India we have evolved a code system using missed calls, and I have seen it in use right from the last 1970's on DoT phones.

the effect of 3G auctions coming to the general users

MCA, if not free, not required.

It can be disabled.

Even in cities their network is patchy. So don't think users are left with much of an option.

Off topic : Indicom have done away with the Rs.15 monthly charge on MCA. It's now a totally free service.

It can be disabled.

Nopes dude. Not with Docomo. With Idea, I can and did live without it. But Docomo's coverage is nowhere comparable. Forget other places, even within cities, in many parts of many malls, shops, parking, etc., there is zero coverage. Total outages in an area are also possible, but to be fair, their network seems to be more stable lately... but thats in the short term - you never know if/when something happens and you miss an important call in future.

If Tata thinks it can charge like Idea, then it is grossly mistaken.

Why should we care what they have paid for 3G? I don't use 3G. Then better to shift to operators like Uninor. They haven't paid for 3G, and hopefully they wont milk us 2G users.

Last hike was the data plan where they reduced validity from 30 days to 20 days. Now MCA is gone. Whats next?

Then there is of course the increased instances of blatant looting. I wonder if this has something to do with the change of guard at the top... mad.gif

There is no other way for operators but to increase tariffs and/or charge more for VAS. The process is already underway with Airtel taking the lead. The market will become pricey for the common man till RTel comes and shakes it up, again, like they did with RIM.

Competition has to be kept up. But just that of course wont do - costs for telcos need to be lower. For eg. they have to pay so much for 1 tower... Govt., local govt., municipal bodies, etc., think they have a cash cow. But that money is going to come from somewhere.

Edited by raccoon

Bcos of the 3g many companies have been forced to work together if they want to provide 3g services pan India. so i guess they are getting smart and have realized why not work together uniformly increase prices and increase profit shares

20% increase in call rates just adds 20% to their profits. I am sure getting new numbers also does not give them that much profit in one instance.

20% increase in call rates just adds 20% to their profits. I am sure getting new numbers also does not give them that much profit in one instance.

But automatically activating VAS and deducting/pick_pocketing balance will give MUCH MUCH more profit than this tariff hike...

What I guess is, the TRAI's move to stop such auto-VAS activations forced all operators to hike their tariffs... Imho, Docomo being a new operator, can't increase like cartel players, so following these back-door methods...

Phew! It is missed call alerts...

The thread description said "Now missed calls chargeable", and i was like :Ohhhh:

Phew! It is missed call alerts...

The thread description said "Now missed calls chargeable", and i was like :Ohhhh:

HaaHaa.. Sharp notice. LOL

Ooops, a very valid observation. Mods kindly edit the heading to "Now Missed Call Alerts Chargeable". I can't do it as it seems members don't have the privilege to edit the heading.

Also, do check out the latest fraudulent milking by Tata Docomo in the other thread here.

Edited by raccoon

^^^

<< Topic Title Updated >> :)

Subscription to Missed Call alerts will be charged at Rs.7/month.This service will also be subject to auto renewal on monthly basis.

If you are not interested in having the monthly subscription option, you can enjoy the PULL Sms option which will give you 3 unique Caller line identification details evrytime you send a Pull sms. For every Pull sms you will be merely charged just .25ps/sms. Customer will be given the details of those numbers which tried to call him in the last 1 day (24 hours).

Not to forget this is still the lowest tariff in industry for Missed call alert service. Airtel& Vodafone charges the same service to its customer @ Rs.30 for the same monthly service, and if it’s Pull sms operator like Aircel charges you Rs.3 for every pull sms.

Customers can avail the benefits of missed call alert services via 2 modes

1. Subscription: Customer can send START MCA to 52244 to subscribe to MCA services @ Rs.7 / month.
  2. Pull Model: Customers can send GET to 52255 and get details of last 3 unique CLI from which missed calls received @ 25Paise /Pull. In case there are more than 3 unique callers, customer can send MORE to 52255 @ 25 Paise /pull.

Unsubscription : STOP MCA to 52244 (Toll Free)

Few points to be noted:

1. All new customers from will be in pull sms option for MCA service.
  2. All existing customers with Age on network less than 6 months will continue to receive MCA services for Free until completion of 6 months on Tata Docomo network.
  3. All customers with Age on network greater than 6 months will be in Pull sms option.

Via :

Telecom Talk

:previous: it can't get more complicated than this :cursing: Keep it simple silly :nono:

:previous: it can't get more complicated than this :cursing: Keep it simple silly :nono:

But dude, they are following regulations which prohibit operators from changing plans/terms for min. 6 months. And they are not automatically subscribing existing users to the MCA monthly service. So to that extent, aren't they right?

While we are fretting and fuming at the cessation of a free service, mad.gif its still some solace that their rates are perhaps the lowest. Even then, personally I don't think I'll be subscribing to it.