Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
andycool87

Another Bug In Reliance Prepaid

hey ppl

I have had 0 balance (dialed *367 and they sed 0 ) for the past 2 days and have still been able to send msgs and access r world

Hv reliance officially introduced negative balance or something??

Has this happened with sm 1 else also???

SMSs can be sent even if your balance is zero. It will be recovered when you recharge next.

27191[/snapback]

Na i dont think thats the case ... reliance finally realised that my balance is o and now sms and rworld services a barred

So its funny that though their system had realised the balance was 0 but still it allowed me to send approx 50 msgs

Maybe ur balance got updated by mid-night and hence the services were barred after that!

Yaa.... There accounting is a batch one and the usage is usually not updated immediately in the case of SMS and Rconnect!!

Maybe ur balance got updated by mid-night and hence the services were barred after that!

27206[/snapback]

Naa chirag i dont think thats what happened coz it stopped workin smtime in the afternoon. it worked fine in the morning. but then suddenly in the afternoon stopped.

a friend of mine had finished his balance after calling me.

then he started messaging and send around 20 msges.. he thought it was free now since there is now balance..

But the next time he recharged, the amount for the sms sent were deducted from the new recharge...

Yes, it will be deducted when you recharge next time.

SMSs can be sent even if your balance is zero. It will be recovered when you recharge next.

27191[/snapback]

Na i dont think thats the case ... reliance finally realised that my balance is o and now sms and rworld services a barred

So its funny that though their system had realised the balance was 0 but still it allowed me to send approx 50 msgs

27194[/snapback]

If its the case y dont u try R-connect also for free??

If its the case y dont u try R-connect also for free??

it proly is free ! :)

btw, the post was made (exactly!) 3 months ago

Edited by Chirag

hey ... it wasnt free... the muni was deducted next time i recharge , i fuess it is a kind of loop hole in their system , coz when i asked CC they sed that there is no particular time for ur msgin costs to be realised but generally it is between 12 - 2 am

smhw it must have been in the afternoon

But now i think it is only after midnight, coz after that i din get such priviliges, the msgs i sent last nite after 12 am were also billed i just checked ,

Is reliance movin closer to real time sms billing??

I think they have stepped up their data service billing system. Earlier, it used to take about 2-3 days for my balance to get deducted [after i used RConnect or sent SMS] but now it does so within 12 hours. And i dont think 12-2AM is necessarily the time when the balance gets deduced.

I think they have stepped up their data service billing system. Earlier, it used to take about 2-3 days for my balance to get deducted [after i used RConnect or sent SMS] but now it does so within 12 hours. And i dont think 12-2AM is necessarily the time when the balance gets deduced.

Now it is deducted at 1/2 hour basis. Check your balance, send an sms and then check your balance after 1/2 hour you will know...

32839[/snapback]

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Theres a technical reason behind this..

For Prepaid Users, this is called IN Service...

Voice Billing is real-time for prepaid users..

For SMS and Data, its not real time and standards are not defined.. Hence it is implemented as a post processing stuff....

Now it is deducted at 1/2 hour basis. Check your balance, send an sms and then check your balance after 1/2 hour you will know...

32839[/snapback]

33665[/snapback]

No.......... 1/2 hour updation doesnt seem to happen, my r connect charges are still being deducted after 12-30 hrs. the same should be the case with rworld and sms too, though i havent checked that.